Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 5 (May Contain Spoilers)

StillUnknown

It is a really addicting show. As soon as I started watching it on Netflix, I couldn't stop.

Same, I'm just glad that I found it on my day off. LOL

Unlike the other poster, I think the series has gotten better just about every season.

We'll see, I have the priviledge of seeing them all in succession, although when I finish with seasons 1-4 then I'm certain that season 5 is gonna take forever!

This is such a good show. At the end of Spring I decided that with Lost and 24 out of my life now, I would try some other shows. Breaking Bad, Dexter and The Wire were some of the shows I tried out. Dexter was the only one that truly captivated me. It reeled me in and in two weekends (and during the week at work, thanks to a slow month) I watched all 4 seasons.

I'm glad it appears that Michael C Hall is healthy and back at it. Even though I don't have Showtime, I'm so glad this show is back (thank goodness for torrents!).

This is such a good show. At the end of Spring I decided that with Lost and 24 out of my life now, I would try some other shows. Breaking Bad, Dexter and The Wire were some of the shows I tried out. Dexter was the only one that truly captivated me.

What???

Two of my favorite shows but The Wire is quite possibly the greatest show in TV history.

I highly suggest you give it a second chance - and a few more episodes depending on how many you watched.

Spoilers below:

I loved how Dexter's first date with Rita was actually just him stalking someone and he kinda fit her in on the side.... and then left her halfway through it, heh.

And of course it was extremely sad him having to explain to the kids about Rita's death... but him doing it wearing the Mickey Mouse ears.... so funny at the same time.

And I think for the first time in the series, he kills someone just LIKE THAT without any research... I think we could see a lot more of that before the season is over....

Spoilers below:

I loved how Dexter's first date with Rita was actually just him stalking someone and he kinda fit her in on the side.... and then left her halfway through it, heh.

And of course it was extremely sad him having to explain to the kids about Rita's death... but him doing it wearing the Mickey Mouse ears.... so funny at the same time.

And I think for the first time in the series, he kills someone just LIKE THAT without any research... I think we could see a lot more of that before the season is over....

spoiler response with spoilers: I definitely did not see that bathroom scene coming, and when it did, I half expected they'd flash back and it was just in his head.

Spoilers below:

he also killed a man last season that didn't abide by his code

that was such a sad episode :(

spoiler ahead It wasn't as saddening as the season 4 finale.. which actually made me tear up. But damn seeing how the realtionship started with rita, explaining eveyrthing to the kids.. "i am sorry for your loss?" i was about to kick myself when he said that. But finally at the end of the episode he admitted he loved her so I could rest easy.

Quinn can **** off.

Can we just put a spoiler tag on this thread, and be ok with posting anything from an episode that has already aired???

In the meantime, spoilers below :)

that was such a sad episode :(

spoiler ahead It wasn't as saddening as the season 4 finale.. which actually made me tear up. But damn seeing how the realtionship started with rita, explaining eveyrthing to the kids.. "i am sorry for your loss?" i was about to kick myself when he said that. But finally at the end of the episode he admitted he loved her so I could rest easy.

Quinn can **** off.

I thought it was more sad seeing him recall his relationship with her, especially for him to realize how much he lied to her. Don't get me wrong - Rita's death was pretty sad, but it made me more angry (at Dexter) than anything. Then to see him after her death, when he's realizing how much he actually did love her and how she really did bring out a more "human" side of him - that was truly sad in a heartbreaking kind of way because it ultimately was his fault that she was killed, but only after she's killed does he start to realize how much better of a partner he should have been.

Can we just put a spoiler tag on this thread, and be ok with posting anything from an episode that has already aired???

In the meantime, spoilers below :)

I thought it was more sad seeing him recall his relationship with her, especially for him to realize how much he lied to her. Don't get me wrong - Rita's death was pretty sad, but it made me more angry (at Dexter) than anything. Then to see him after her death, when he's realizing how much he actually did love her and how she really did bring out a more "human" side of him - that was truly sad in a heartbreaking kind of way because it ultimately was his fault that she was killed, but only after she's killed does he start to realize how much better of a partner he should have been.

I definitely agree with what you said there. Spoiler -> Throughout the episode I was really disappointed in how he had gone about his business post Rita's death and how they met etc. But the grueling images of the season finale with the whole back and forth between trinity and Dexter were like the perfect climax to Rita’s death which really stirred up my emotions. But regardless this episode was really sad in its own right. But I’m glad he realized how it is his indeed his fault and that he did love her or I would have gone nuts which really just makes the whole thing gloomy and depressing.

Ok, I've never watched Dexter before and I watched last night, I thought it was good, but I've one question; do most episodes move this slowly?

I see from your later posts that you've gotten into season 1. But I think as far as the most recent episode goes, they just had to deal with what happened at the end of last season. I think as the season progresses, we will see more of the old Dexter and they will develop some amazing story line like they do every season.

Some questions for the Dexter fanbase in ninja. No, they're not spoilers, just questions about what we've seen so far. But since Asbury is catching up, i figured i'd do him a solid.

So Quinn thinks Dexter may have killed Rita. We know this isn't true (well...we supposedly know it isn't true. But i don't think there's any way in hell that Dexter killed Rita given all that we saw in last season's finale). So, is Quinn's intuition going to lead him to other murders that Dexter has committed? And if so...can anyone say Sgt. Doakes?? lol...yeah i don't think Quinn wants to go out like the last cop who was hot on Dexter's trail.

And another thing...does anyone think it's possible that someone other than Trinity killed Rita?? That neighbor is awfully suspect. I thought he had served his purpose on the show. Yet here he is, playing the sad "friend" still. Could he be hiding something? Or does he know more? Dexter did jack his jaw...does dude have a bone to pick?

And the other thing i wanted to ask everyone....in the preview for next week's episode they showed Quinn approaching Trinity's son, showing him a picture of Dexter, and asking "is this Kyle Butler"? Does anyone think the son is just gonna say, "yup that's him"? I don't think there's a chance in hell he gives Dexter up. He'll know somethings not right, but i don't think he'll give Quinn anything. Trinity terrorized his family, and Dexter...err..."Kyle Butler" put an end to all that. Trinity's son is greatful for what Dexter did so i just don't think he's gonna give it up. My gut tell sme Quinn's gonna have to get the info some other way. Anyone else got a take on that?

I can't wait for the next episode...I think Quinn finally starts peeling back Dexter's layers, much more thoroughly and horrifyingly than Doakes was capable of. We'll see.

Also, Quinn looks really skinny to me. Did he just stop working out? Maybe they wanted to really avoid the Doakes comparisons :ols:

What???

Two of my favorite shows but The Wire is quite possibly the greatest show in TV history.

I highly suggest you give it a second chance - and a few more episodes depending on how many you watched.

I got through the first episode (and I think I watched a second episode as well), but it was just way too slow for me. I have all seasons of The Wire to watch at my leisure...I just...can't justify spending time on it since it didn't really captivate me much. Another show I tried which I forgot to mention was Weeds. I have enjoyed it, but have only made it halfway through the first season. I guess with Weeds and The Wire, I just feel that I'm not really spending my time well if I spend an entire weekend watching it, and I'm not the type to just put it on the t.v. while I do other things; I like to get fully immersed in it.

Anyways, Masuka has been posting on reddit. Yea, the actor, CS Lee.

He's awesome. http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/dk62q/hey_its_masuka_im_new_to_reddit_and_love_it_ama/

Archived