Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 5 (May Contain Spoilers)

StillUnknown

Interesting episode.

What's up with the new serial killer? There has to be more to this guy...hiding his kills in plain sight like that? Dexter could just go finish him off right now, and that storyline would be over. Not incredibly interesting or mysterious like killers in other seasons.

Although I did read that they weren't even going to try to top the Trinity Killer this season (good idea in my opinion), so maybe its not supposed to be a big mystery?

I did think that the kids leaving was kind of a cop-out, although it works. I mean, all Dex has to do now is hire a babysitter (Julia Stiles?) and he's golden again, except for Quinn closing in.

Ok, season 3 disc 2 is done. I'm very much surprised at the turn with the Assistant D.A. all about being a friend to Dexter who he knows is a serial killer. But, the guy is gonna have to die, of that I'm almost certain no way Dex is gonna get taken down by a panicked sleazy D.A..

It was sad watching him put his friend out of her misery though, but interesting that another person told Dexter that taking a bad person's life was not wrong. They really seem to be reinforcing Dexter's belief system.

I thought episode 2 was sad re. the kids leaving and all that, but I thought it was pretty weak otherwise. Dexter seeing the blood in the truck and the little cheesy zoom-ins w/ music were a bit...cheesy. I am interested to see how the Quinn situation will be resolved though.

The scene with Dexter and Deb talking outside about the kids leaving was great.

I don't necessarily disagree that having the kids leave was something of a copout, but as a viewer, I'm glad to be rid of them. I suspected Astor would be terribly annoying this season and that I would hate her because most kid actors just don't have the chops to pull off such a role. And I was right, so I'm glad we don't have to have her crying and raging every week. But I think they'll be back before the end.

Yea I was glad they got rid of the kids as well. That was the only story line I really was starting to hate. Everything else is pretty solid and interesting. I loved the creepy animal guy and his motivational tapes ("take it!"). After Jimmy Smits and Ligthgow, Julia Stiles has very big shoes to fill.

I thought this episode was great! And I'm really excited to finally see Julia Stiles and see what role she'll be playing! The next episodes should be very interesting....

I did too. Great ep.

My wife predicts the uniform (what's her name? The one who's from the neighborhood) is the one responsible for the cult kills. Solid theory, imo

I did too. Great ep.

My wife predicts the uniform (what's her name? The one who's from the neighborhood) is the one responsible for the cult kills. Solid theory, imo

Yup, I thought she was sketchy from the moment she opened her mouth.

Not to mention, its obvious that Deb is starting to trust her as a new "partner" in the dept....so, to continue the never-ending psychological ****-show that is Deb's life, she has to actually be a bad guy or betray her. It just makes sense.

And yeah, who would have thought that the first threat to Dexter's secrets this season would be a woman witnessing a random kill? Rather than Quinn, the FBI, etc.

I'm excited for Trinity's family to come back onto the scene, should be interesting. They, especially the son, have a lot of reasons to help Dexter stay anonymous, but at the same time, they might not know not to admit its him in the picture...

I didn't like the scene with Dexter and the animal control guy going to the ER,thought it was a bit far fetched.

Two unconscious men found and there's no police? They never asked for their names or take their wallets to get their names at the hospital?

Quinn was a dirty cop last season,now he's working on the trinty case on the side.Doesn't fit with his character,maybe its changed with his looks.

Batisia and Laguerta storyline still boring and don't know what the point of it is.

I thought this episode was great! And I'm really excited to finally see Julia Stiles and see what role she'll be playing! The next episodes should be very interesting....

Was that her that was in the house when Dexter killed animal control dude???

I did too. Great ep.

That chick's been shady from day 1. I thought the same thing, especially after she said she went back and got info from the shop owner.

I'm interested to see what's gonna happen with the nanny. At first I thought there might be something sketchy about her, then I thought maybe her and Dexter would get it on, and now I'm not sure. haha

OK, I'm getting towards the end of season 4. This show is really entertaining. Some of the themes make me uncomfortable, but I can separate being entertained from empathizing with an anti-hero.

that said, the one thing that bothers me the most about this show: has anyone else noticed that Dexter is terrible at tailing people? He's also terrible at surveying people too! Luckily he hasn't been caught following anyone yet :silly:

Because he is banging Debra or because he is investigating Dexter?

Or because he's a thief?

Thought this week's epi was pretty good. Look forward to seeing how far they go w/ Dexter and Lumen, and I think it'll be interesting to see how much he reveals to her about himself. After all, he is human and could certainly use someone to talk to.

Archived