Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 5 (May Contain Spoilers)

StillUnknown

Mushy Dexter makes me uncomfortable.

Mushy Dexter could be everyone's worst nightmare. He has always killed with a sort of emotional detachment. Imagine a PO'd emotional Dexter going after someone. I think Chase is gonna see this version of Dex. And it aint gonna be pretty. Might even end up scaring Dex and Lumen a little.

I hope it's not the last one. They can still do two or three more seasons. They have enough story material to carry this show.

Season 5 is definitely #3 to me overall after Season 4 and Season 1. It started of terrible but it's really picked it up. Season 4 was just awesome. I wish they do another killer like Trinity who is just one cold blooded *******.

Some people on the Dexter boards are trying to push the idea that the nanny is bad, and is going to end up kidnapping Harrison in the finale....

of course why you ask? They are claiming she is a relative of Lily(was that her name)? The english chick Dexter was banging in season 2.

Some people on the Dexter boards are trying to push the idea that the nanny is bad, and is going to end up kidnapping Harrison in the finale....

of course why you ask? They are claiming she is a relative of Lily(was that her name)? The english chick Dexter was banging in season 2.

That would be an interesting twist. I would be surprised if that actually happened though.

Lila.

I agree it seems like something is up with her, but I don't buy the Lila connection.

I hope it's not the last one. They can still do two or three more seasons. They have enough story material to carry this show.

Season 5 is definitely #3 to me overall after Season 4 and Season 1. It started of terrible but it's really picked it up. Season 4 was just awesome. I wish they do another killer like Trinity who is just one cold blooded *******.

It got renewed for a 6th season. There were doubts as to how long it could last because Michael C. Hall contracted cancer. But he won that battle, so he can keep on doing what he does so well.

God this episode was so good. My roomie and I def thought Quinn was gonna show up as Robocop was trying to kill Dex and then end up saving his life. We were wrong. I love this show bc it's so unpredictable.

I think there's something up with the nanny, too....I just have absolutely no clue as to what it is...also the hiccuping farting cat was hilarious.

I just finished the episode. It was awesome, although it went by so fast. I was sweating when Dexter was captured and Lumen was walking into the trap and then when Dexter was fighting the guy and Quinn shows up...wow! I kind of don't like that Dexter killed the guy, but I'm not sure he had too much of a choice there.

The next episode looks really intense. And I was thinking that with Liddy dead that storyline might die off. LOL Guess not!

I just finished the episode. It was awesome, although it went by so fast. I was sweating when Dexter was captured and Lumen was walking into the trap and then when Dexter was fighting the guy and Quinn shows up...wow! I kind of don't like that Dexter killed the guy, but I'm not sure he had too much of a choice there.

The next episode looks really intense. And I was thinking that with Liddy dead that storyline might die off. LOL Guess not!

hey, someone pulls a knife on you, that's self-defense. We're taught in Krav Maga that someone pulls a knife on you, they've forfeit their right to life. If you can take the knife, slash him in the throat, femoral artery, anywhere else you can get 'im.

hey, someone pulls a knife on you, that's self-defense. We're taught in Krav Maga that someone pulls a knife on you, they've forfeit their right to life. If you can take the knife, slash him in the throat, femoral artery, anywhere else you can get 'im.

True, but Dexter did attack him first and he wasn't planning on killing Dexter, at least not from what he was saying.

(also, I don't think he's a murderer)

I do agree though that there wasn't really another option at that point though.

True, but Dexter did attack him first and he wasn't planning on killing Dexter, at least not from what he was saying.

(also, I don't think he's a murderer)

I do agree though that there wasn't really another option at that point though.

If someone ties you up and throws you in the back of a van, you are not the attacker for striking and trying to get away.

If someone ties you up and throws you in the back of a van, you are not the attacker for striking and trying to get away.

Dexter was about to do the same to him.

Now if the guy was about to torture him or something it's a lot more understandable.

I don't recall if he was though.

But in any case I don't really have a problem with what happened because the guy brought it on himself.

I do think it was unfortunate though that Dexter ended up having to kill him.

Oh, I just remembered. Don't they still have to resolve the case with those brothers that were in the club shooting? lol

Dexter was about to do the same to him.

Now if the guy was about to torture him or something it's a lot more understandable.

I don't recall if he was though.

But in any case I don't really have a problem with what happened because the guy brought it on himself.

I do think it was unfortunate though that Dexter ended up having to kill him.

Oh, no doubt Dexter WAS gonna do it to him. If the tables were turned and what's-his-name killed Dexter, I wouldn't blame him. He's the one, though, who ultimately tied Dexter up and threw him in the back of the van, and wound up with a knife to the chest.

Oh, no doubt Dexter WAS gonna do it to him. If the tables were turned and what's-his-name killed Dexter, I wouldn't blame him. He's the one, though, who ultimately tied Dexter up and threw him in the back of the van, and wound up with a knife to the chest.

I don't really like that Dexter apparently was going far enough to plan to drug and maybe kill whoever was spying on him either.

I mean he almost turned himself in for Dokes at one point rather than kill him. (although he did change his mind eventually and was going to frame him I think) I suppose he's changed a lot now though. Still it seemed a bit overboard.

I don't really like that Dexter apparently was going far enough to plan to drug and maybe kill whoever was spying on him either.

I mean he almost turned himself in for Dokes at one point rather than kill him. (although he did change his mind eventually and was going to frame him I think) I suppose he's changed a lot now though. Still it seemed a bit overboard.

I'm not sure what Dexter had in mind, but I doubt it was murder. On the other hand, it could've just been a convenient plot device for the writers and they didn't stop to think what he actually planned to do if the plan DID work.

I'm not sure what Dexter had in mind, but I doubt it was murder. On the other hand, it could've just been a convenient plot device for the writers and they didn't stop to think what he actually planned to do if the plan DID work.

I think he fully intended to drug and kill Quinn (wound up being Robocop). There have been other episodes where's he's said or alluded to needing to kill someone who wasn't a killer themselves simply because he was at risk of getting caught. His dad stressed that to him, to not get caught. It's why he's so tedious in keeping his killzones clean. He tries to stick to the code, but he was bsically caught and was left no other optin, he said so himself IIRC.

Remember again, he thought it was Quinn in the van, and he's definitely alluded to the possibility of killing Quinn if he got too close. He did the same with Dokes, and even framed Dokes in the end IIRC.

I think he fully intended to drug and kill Quinn (wound up being Robocop). There have been other episodes where's he's said or alluded to needing to kill someone who wasn't a killer themselves simply because he was at risk of getting caught. His dad stressed that to him, to not get caught. It's why he's so tedious in keeping his killzones clean. He tries to stick to the code, but he was bsically caught and was left no other optin, he said so himself IIRC.

Remember again, he thought it was Quinn in the van, and he's definitely alluded to the possibility of killing Quinn if he got too close. He did the same with Dokes, and even framed Dokes in the end IIRC.

When someone doesn't fit the code, he has himself a dilemma. Yes, the code states not getting caught is the first priority, but even then, he has trouble bringing himself to kill an innocent. He was perfectly willing to frame Doakes, but he couldn't bring himself to killing him (remember it was Lila that killed Doakes). Hell, as the series has progressed, he's moved farther and farther away from Harry's code as he discovers more humanity in himself.

Archived