Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Being in Houston and having been here for a while I find myself often comparing the redskins and Texans franchises. 

I see them do stuff every year that if the redskins had done it, I'd be rolling my eyes and waiting for the upcoming failure. They are one of the worst run franchises in the league, yet somehow they get away with stupid moves over and over and get bailed out by a weak division. 

It would be great to have some of the good fortune that they have. 

Things will turn around for us as a framchise eventually. 

Edited by sportjunkie07
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Being in Houston and having been here for a while I find myself often comparing the redskins and Texans franchises. 

I see them do stuff every year that if the redskins had done it, I'd be rolling my eyes and waiting for the upcoming failure. They are one of the worst run franchises in the league, yet somehow they get away with stupid moves over and over and get bailed out by a weak division. 

It would be great to have some of the good fortune that they have. 

Things will turn around for us as a framchise eventually. 

They sucked badly enough to get 4-5 top picks and for the most part they hit on those picks.

The Skins have been so middling that they haven’t had a top 5 pick (who they could use) since 2012.

Having JJ and company bailed them out.  

Also, Bill O’Brien is a better coach than Jay.  Even though he gets beat up a bit, and neither are top 15 coaches, Bill is better.  And has a better record.  I’m fact it’s a winning record....

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We were on that dudes dick so much. I am ashamed.

What's amazing about that is some of his biggest picks--Doctson, Cravens, Matt Jones--were so obviously not "football players" in mentality as soon as we got them in camp. Even Preston Smith, while fine, seemed kinda soft...so even his weird "blue collar football player" philosophy was BS. And we ate it up.

To be fair we just liked that someone respectable from a scouting background had final say...which turned out to not even be the case.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Not one of our six wide receivers wears an 80 something number. I know I'm a bit old school, but that doesn't seem right somehow.

Maybe Cam Sims (89) comes off the PS to make things right.

Damn I didnt know that (Ive watched almost zero preseason). That does seem strange

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I tired of his schtick after about 10 minutes...

I can’t say I wasn’t excited to have somebody other than Bruce, however the drafts put together by Doug, Kyle smith and company have been very good. 

I'm just glad I dont have to see his face anymore. By the end he looked like he would wake up with a morning ritual each day of trying to drown himself in a vat of Jack Daniels.

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Simple question the lurking beatniks looking for a story could pounce on.

Who is our play caller?

We may have our answers after week 1 but I doubt it.

That's a good question man..will gruden or o'Connell call plays?..and Callahan has a say on the run plays right?..uggg that could get messy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Qeustion!

I will be, for the first time, in the US (DMV) for a week. But we play an away game :(. Are there any options to watch practises during the week? Or is everything closed for fans? 

Otherwise I might need to contact the skins to see if they can make an exception. 

All practices are closed to the public after training camp ends.

Some beat reporters get some access, I guess, but that's about it.