Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

🤔 Hmmm ...

Does the Redskins lead the NFL in number of QB's under contract or are they just tied with multiple others?

😉

It was so hot here yesterday, I swore I saw a hobbit throw a ring into my backyard!  ☀️

:229:The Rook

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

6 days until we have football on tv again, guys!! Sure, it’s only the HOF game, but I’m excited. Planning on ordering pizza and having a few beers for the game. Plus this’ll allow me to procrastinate on packing before i go out of town for the weekend 😂

You can tell we aren't playing in the HOF game because you only said "a few beers".

• Haha 1

Does anybody like sports cliches as much as I do?  And furthermore do you always laugh when you hear them in interviews?

At the end of the day

Let the chips fall where they may

Give a hundred and ten percent

Take it one play at a time

Keep your head in the game

😆

I think It’s because of the movie Bedazzled, where Brendan Frasier mocks all the cliches in an interview with a reporter.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I hope Ryan Kerrigan has worked on a new pass rushing move in the offseason to counter the chokehold he is routinely put in.

There's an article over at ESPN where they say the NFL officials are going to more stringently enforce the holding penalty this season.

In particular, a technique OL use called the "lobster block":

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27282277/nfl-officials-emphasize-offensive-holding-19%3fplatform=amp

Trent Williams is mentioned in the article as one who does this.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 2

RIP Nick Buoniconti

Unfun Fact. I was at a Maryland football game, the day his son broke his neck/became paralyzed. He was paged mid game over the stadium PA.  I can remember it like it was yesterday. It struck me as very odd at the time. and indeed its rare you will hear the name of a famous athlete paged in the middle of a big sporting event.

Edited by RandyHolt

Listening to the new Bram show on ESPN 630. Talking about Champ Bailey and has Andy Pollin on.

Andy actually got as far as saying Champ's wife was the rumor why he was demanding out of Washington. Surprised that somebody alluded to the the Champ getting caught by his wife with another woman stories.

Anyone remember  a few years ago when someone posted a Skid Row "youth gone wild" highlight video on YouTube? I loved it when it came out but was quickly taken down because I  guess the song was used without permission.  

Even though McNabb wasn't young and the actual youth for most part didn't pan out (Sleepy, Aldrick etc) it was a cool video.  

Would love to  see a new one done if most of our young uns work out this year. 

Every time I  hear it I  think of the video and would love to see a new one in the near future. 

I just started playing Madden 20. One of the cool things they do in Madden is put in cadences of some of the more notable QBs; hearing them make audibles in the game just makes it feel that much more realistic. Madden 19 with Alex Smith's cadence was a treat. Now that I'm in Madden 20, his cadence is gone. It's just the generic one. I want to cry. 😭

Edited by NickyJ

Here is a lovely hard hitting piece from deadspin thats so mean & unfiltered  you can't help but....cry ?

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-washington-redskins-1837065916

Here's a preview if you are feeling brave

Your quarterback: In between doing ice luge shots, Team President and guy who looks like a defrocked priest Bruce Allen traded for Case Keenum, who genuinely deserves better. The Skins also got lucky and watched Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins fall to them in the draft at No. 15.

But before you get excited about that, please note that the Skins have a noted history of lucking into players who slid in the draft, only to end up crippling them with the kind of injuries you usually only see in a World War I documentary. Also, Dan Snyder was ECSTATIC when Dwayne Haskins fell into his lap, not because Haskins has a bazooka of an arm, nor because of his unflappable demeanor, nor because of his controlled elusiveness in the pocket. It’s because Haskins went to the same dip**** private lax bro academy in Potomac that his kid went to.

In fact, Snyder was so obsessed with Haskins that he made a point of personally meeting with him prior to the draft. GREAT GREEN TURDS. Whenever Dan Snyder gets cozy with a player, he may as well carve a pentagram into their flesh. My man has already thrown a pick-six and got stiff-armed during it for good measure. Haskins gets to wear Joe Theismann’sold number, maybe even try on his hairpiece for a bit. But it’s all over for poor Dwayne. He’ll get to hop onto the same post-career gravy train where all Snyder favorites reside, but not before ending up in traction after having his pelvis removed from his body by an oncoming defender.

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Sad 1