Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 3/1/2019 at 12:05 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, it looks like I’ll be in Nashville the week of the draft! Anyone know how easy it is to get into the venue for the draft (in general, like does it cost money to get in, if it doesn’t is it first come first served, etc)? 

Any info would be appreciated! 

Here is a lot of what you need to know from the local paper there, The Tennessean:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/23/nfl-draft-2019-tickets-location-experience-nashville-date/634550002/

• Thanks 2

When was this? ^^

Eat ****ing **** goodell..you ****ing suck and are doing a ****ty ass job..from everything to everything you have completely dropped the ****ing ball.. filling pockets with $ and ****in over fans scince ya took over piece of ****!!!

Didn’t know where to post this cause it’s not FA info. But earlier today i saw A FB post about some veteran DB that’s coming out of retirement (it was a picture of a player in a raiders uniform). I was about to click on the link when i saw this other interesting fb post. After i clicked on that, i tried to find the one about the defensive back. Couldn’t find anything. Even googled “nfl veteran DB coming out of retirement” and all i got was military stories. 

Anyone know of any player (raiders?) that’s coming out of retirement? Charles Woodson maybe? I mean i doubt it was some old story resurfacing now...frustrating that i cant find the info anywhere. Da ****? 

***Edit: DRC apparently***

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

I was wondering how this country, the great u.s of a we call home would be able to take more than a quarter of the money the NFL makes each year and give it to public schools to pay teachers more?..I just think of how over paid these athletes are..and how ungrateful they are in such a money hungry league..ahhh thinking of when the NFL was just a hobby.

• Thanks 1

With the signing AD and him maybe keeping #26, Landon Collins should wear #21. As much as I loved Sean, this page needs to be turned. Its been 12 years... He was a great player for us and it broke all our hearts when he died, he was supposed to be the next great safety. The truth is, we will probably never have a safety with that much potential ever again, but If someone wants to wear 21 in his memory, just let them. We didnt win multiple super bowls with him, he didnt have a career littered with All-pro selections (although it would have been highly likely). So why the tight grip on that number?

Do something nice at the stadium to honor him like have game worn jerseys on display, something people can look at and appreciate the player that we had. (Maybe they already have a section in the stadium?)

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3

With Cleveland being the new favorite of the NFL and the decision to suspend Kareem Hunt for 8 games, how long do you think it'll be before they let the Redskins know what they've decided to do with Reuben Foster? My guess is right before the draft because the NFL loves to me mess with the Skins and wait until the last possible second to screw over our team. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 1:57 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

With the signing AD and him maybe keeping #26, Landon Collins should wear #21. As much as I loved Sean, this page needs to be turned. Its been 12 years... He was a great player for us and it broke all our hearts when he died, he was supposed to be the next great safety. The truth is, we will probably never have a safety with that much potential ever again, but If someone wants to wear 21 in his memory, just let them. We didnt win multiple super bowls with him, he didnt have a career littered with All-pro selections (although it would have been highly likely). So why the tight grip on that number?

Do something nice at the stadium to honor him like have game worn jerseys on display, something people can look at and appreciate the player that we had. (Maybe they already have a section in the stadium?)

This is one of the main reasons 21 should be and will be sacred along with the other Redskin greats. 

Also have you made a trip to Fedex since the death of Taylor?  The team literally has Sean Taylor's whole locker on display on the club level, his name in the Ring of Fame, and a big #21 on the grass outside the ticket office.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, it looks like I’ll be in Nashville the week of the draft! Anyone know how easy it is to get into the venue for the draft (in general, like does it cost money to get in, if it doesn’t is it first come first served, etc)? 

Any info would be appreciated! 

Nashville is a really fun city, NFL made a good choice having the draft there. They love their sports there, you should have a lot of fun I think. I don't have any information on the venue that it's being held at, but I sure hope you like hot chicken because they live for it there. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda