Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I miss the old school cut down days.  Is there only 1 cut now, to 53? I feel like its almost detrimental to a team to have so many players in camp still. 

I am not sure it even helps the inevitable cuts still in camp, but guess it does help Jay grade them for the inevitable injuries to strike. 

Cut some loose and focus on the ones that will play.  I suspect the current cut rules are so teams can field an entire team of backups in the (obviously needs to be eliminated) 4th preseason game.

57 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I could not imagine being a colts fan right now..after watching them play us last year and the way they played other games I pinned them as favs in the playoffs 

Mind blowing. Can't imagine what Colts fans are going through. Losing an elite QB and face of the franchise in one fell swoop. That's rough. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, duffy said:

Mind blowing. Can't imagine what Colts fans are going through. Losing an elite QB and face of the franchise in one fell swoop. That's rough. 

They’ve had Peyton and then Luck since 1998.  Minus 2 seasons when they were injured. 

My my heart BLEEDS for them.  

/sarcasm

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Judging from the board after not checking in since game 1, things look pretty awful. 

We look like we did last year: Good on defense, and an offence patched together with duct tape. We showcased players who sucked, at the cost of giving our starters time to gel, in the name of keeping our starters healthy when they start flat in the regular season.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

We look like we did last year: Good on defense, and an offence patched together with duct tape. We showcased players who sucked, at the cost of giving our starters time to gel, in the name of keeping our starters healthy when they start flat in the regular season.

I think so far the defense looks a little better, I would hope so because last years defense was not good.

19 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I think so far the defense looks a little better, I would hope so because last years defense was not good.

Defense last year was fantastic for the first half of the season. That the defense failed at the same time as the offense fell apart, so I'm hoping that along with the defense being even better, a decent offense might be able to keep it up. Which is where my disappoint is: I see little effort being given to make sure the offense is actually improved lol