Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

So Doctson was sore during pregame which is why he was deactivated.  I really wish they would just shelf this kid and get him healthy, I really think we could use him now but if he can't play with pain then you might as well reduce all of his activity until he's 100%.

• Like 1

0276304001448330364_filepicker.jpg

Is it just me or is there something oddly satisfying about straight-on kicking? It's so symmetrical and it seems so simple (though that certainly isn't the case).

Also, this is a great photo. I'm guessing this was in the Post the day after the team clinched their spot in the '82 tournament.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Preston Smith started damm cold this season. Had high hopes for him

Nonsense. He had a good game against the G-Men. Sure, he didn't have teh sacks. But he has improved against the run so far this season and is becoming an all-round player. 

Edited by PapaLazarou

6 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Nonsense. He had a good game against the G-Men. Sure, he didn't have teh sacks. But he has improved against the run so far this season and is becoming an all-round player. 

At the of last season I had the feeling he was more disruptive. Made more plays. He sometimes popped off the screen with his athletic ability. This season I have not seen that.  I expected more then 0 sacks and 3 QB hurry's. I'm not saying he is a bad player. I just expected more from him but I can say that about most of the D. Thats why we are in the bottom 5 statswise on D. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm a big Preston Smith guy and have been disappointed with his start. 

That being said, Kerrigan has also started off real slow. 

My hope is this is all part of the growing process with Manusky coming in his new role. When you get a lot of new faces all at once, there's bound to be hiccups. Hopefully they'll start rolling eventually. 

On 9/30/2016 at 7:46 AM, PapaLazarou said:

I didn't cue in on Preston Smith much but Andy Benoit who does film study for MMQ said he had a good game.

Don't mess with Trent Williams. Seriously. I wouldnt. Watch this video. #RedskinsTalk

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/dont-mess-trent-williams-seriously-watch-video?utm_content=buffer7ac6a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

1. @DEverett22 give me my number back #22

9 retweets15 likes

Retweet

More

@_2eight I'm just now seeing this. You need to stop bro lol

47 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Hope they fine him a paycheck.

13 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

On Sundays, Deseans job is to represent the Redskins. He needs to do that other stuff on his days off.

I don't concur, when change is needed people need to speak out. He is seen by Millions and this is not sitting down for the NA.

Redskins WR DeSean Jackson said he wants to make a statement about police shootings with his cleats.

What statement would he be making? That it's ok to point something at a cop in a shooting stance, or that you don't have to drop your weapon when an officer tells you to? Those are the two most recent ones that made national headlines. In BOTH cases, the officer was justified in the shooting. And in the OK case, the female officer was charged (rightfully so).

I agree with you (SWFL) that change is needed. Do what the officer instructs you to do, and these incidents don't happen.

But that's a discussion for another thread. I hope they fine him a large sum. You don't. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

2 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

What statement would he be making? That it's ok to point something at a cop in a shooting stance, or that you don't have to drop your weapon when an officer tells you to? Those are the two most recent ones that made national headlines. In BOTH cases, the officer was justified in the shooting. And in the OK case, the female officer was charged (rightfully so).

200_s.gif

On 9/30/2016 at 6:46 AM, PapaLazarou said:

We really need him and Kerrigan to Get the qb. Funny how in the offseason all the talk was on how Junior,Ryan, and Preston were going to be hell on O-lines but it's been the guy who everyone doubted getting pressure.

46 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

On Sundays, Deseans job is to represent the Redskins. He needs to do that other stuff on his days off.

He wears a jersey on Sundays hopefully for another few years. He and his kids will have a black face forever.

• Like 2