Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is interesting. So Sunday ticket will be offered on all cable and satellite providers for commercial accounts. For residential it will be on YouTube TV. The problem I have with streaming is that I have multiple tvs in the same area and it’s very difficult to sync the streams on different tvs. That issue doesn’t exist on Directv or cable boxes. Commercial accounts are pricier too but having more options is better than none. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Sunday ticket will be more expensive on YouTube Tv and is limited to 2 streams. It’s ridiculously stupid. I like watching every game. I built my place around watching football. I’m pretty pissed off I have try to get a commercial account to get same service as last year. 

• Thumb down 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So Sunday ticket will be more expensive on YouTube Tv and is limited to 2 streams. It’s ridiculously stupid. I like watching every game. I built my place around watching football. I’m pretty pissed off I have try to get a commercial account to get same service as last year. 

What a friggin racket!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

What a joke. I'll probably pass on this.

8 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

$389 a season....wow.

• Like 1

It's always been nauseating to me that I've had to pay good money for an identical product that's distributed all over the country for free but now to have to pay even more and then more still unless I buy yet another friggin streaming service on top of the hundred I already have, just pure anger.

The last couple years I kept saying I was done with sunday ticket, and that I was just going to watch the national games and then I caved and bought it for either a hundred bucks or 200 bucks, this year I'm done, **** them if I want to watch bad enough I'll find a place that has Sunday ticket, otherwise I'll watch whatever game is free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

$389 a season....wow.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

It's always been nauseating to me that I've had to pay good money for an identical product that's distributed all over the country for free but now to have to pay even more and then more still unless I buy yet another friggin streaming service on top of the hundred I already have, just pure anger.

The last couple years I kept saying I was done with sunday ticket, and that I was just going to watch the national games and then I caved and bought it for either a hundred bucks or 200 bucks, this year I'm done, **** them if I want to watch bad enough I'll find a place that has Sunday ticket, otherwise I'll watch whatever game is free.

One thing to try. In Canada, DAZN is the sunday ticket provider. $30.00 Canadian per month. That may go up but I doubt it will be close to $389 USD.

Using a Canadian VPN (I use Expess VPN) sign up for DAZN account.  Then your in, Sunday Ticket and Redzone. You get 3 devices per account I believe. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

$389 a season....wow.

That’s for 2 streams I built a sports bar type place. I have 14 screens in same general area. With Directv I had a receiver on each one and it was one price for Sunday ticket plus 5 bucks per receiver per month.

If I wanted to have same setup I would basically need 5 or 6 subscriptions from YouTube and even then the video would not sync. Red zone could be ahead or behind the actual game and if I had the same game on multiple tvs, they would all be a few seconds off due to the nature of streaming. 

The pricing for commercial accounts is not out yet for 2023 Sunday ticket and I don’t know if it’s only available to bars. Previously you could have a private office and it was cheaper. This is going to be a pricey proposition for me but I’m too invested in my setup not to have it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Red Zone is so much better

I'm certainly in a minority but I am not a fan of Redzone. I want to watch how a team gets into the redzone, see the ebb and flow of the game not just watch whats essentially a live highlights show.

I dropped DirecTV for Youtube TV simply because of NF Sunday ticket moving. We had basically everything with DirecTV, top package plus multi room etc etc - it was costing me $265 per month plus the Sunday ticket add on annually. I get almost everything I had via DirecTV on Youtube TV from a content perspective (plus a couple of things we didn't get) and its actually a much better mobile experience which is good for me as I travel quite a bit. Its costing me less than half what I was paying monthly for DirecTV so even with the circa $100 a year more for Sunday ticket I'm still saving money. 

I run it all though my AppleTV boxes into various rooms and outside and it all works brilliantly (so far!)

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I'm certainly in a minority but I am not a fan of Redzone. I want to watch how a team gets into the redzone, see the ebb and flow of the game not just watch whats essentially a live highlights show.

I dropped DirecTV for Youtube TV simply because of NF Sunday ticket moving. We had basically everything with DirecTV, top package plus multi room etc etc - it was costing me $265 per month plus the Sunday ticket add on annually. I get almost everything I had via DirecTV on Youtube TV from a content perspective (plus a couple of things we didn't get) and its actually a much better mobile experience which is good for me as I travel quite a bit. Its costing me less than half what I was paying monthly for DirecTV so even with the circa $100 a year more for Sunday ticket I'm still saving money. 

I run it all though my AppleTV boxes into various rooms and outside and it all works brilliantly (so far!)

I also switched to you tube from directv. About half what I was paying previously, no dish, no additional equipment. Took a few days to get used to the way it works but very glad we switched. Also had to pay the ****s at DTV to cancel. With youtube you can cancel anytime without going through the DTV cancelation gauntlet.

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s for 2 streams I built a sports bar type place. I have 14 screens in same general area. With Directv I had a receiver on each one and it was one price for Sunday ticket plus 5 bucks per receiver per month.

If I wanted to have same setup I would basically need 5 or 6 subscriptions from YouTube and even then the video would not sync. Red zone could be ahead or behind the actual game and if I had the same game on multiple tvs, they would all be a few seconds off due to the nature of streaming. 

The pricing for commercial accounts is not out yet for 2023 Sunday ticket and I don’t know if it’s only available to bars. Previously you could have a private office and it was cheaper. This is going to be a pricey proposition for me but I’m too invested in my setup not to have it. 

Sounds like a really cool setup!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I've been streaming the Sunday Ticket from DTV for over a decade and they only allowed 1 stream so while I would love more streams, 2 is better than 1 although marginal.  As for cost, the ticket with the online package has been close to $400 for a few seasons now so it's not a huge jump.  Take advantage of the presale and its a $100 cheaper whether you are a Youtube TV subscriber or not.

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan, the NFL Sunday Ticket add-on is available during the presale at $249 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $349 for the season. We are also offering a bundle option with NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone for a total of $289 for the season during the presale, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $389 for the season. Fans who sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket with the YouTube TV Base Plan will have access to not only 100+ live channels, but also every Sunday game, including local, national, and out-of-market games.

And for viewers who just want NFL Sunday Ticket without the full YouTube TV offering, we got you covered. For the first time, NFL Sunday Ticket is broadly available without a satellite subscription through YouTube Primetime Channels.

On Primetime Channels, NFL Sunday Ticket is available during the presale at $349 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $449 for the season. And the bundled NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Redzone option is available during the presale at $389 for the season, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $489 for the season

Edited by JSSkinz