Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

Really wish they'd offer an option to just buy/see one team. 400$ bones to watch the Skins is just not in my budget. Wonder how hard it's gonna be to seek out a torrent/stream?? Feels like they've gotten better at killing those, from the time or two I tried last year on Thursday nights. 😒

21 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Really wish they'd offer an option to just buy/see one team. 400$ bones to watch the Skins is just not in my budget. Wonder how hard it's gonna be to seek out a torrent/stream?? Feels like they've gotten better at killing those, from the time or two I tried last year on Thursday nights. 😒

Fox and CBS have clauses in their deals that sets a price floor for the Sunday Ticket and does not allow for single team or weekly subscriptions. They don’t want to lose eyeballs from the local channels. YouTube would have to pay an additional premium to allow that type of offer which would not make them any more money. That’s where the deal with Apple fell through and YouTube closed it. 

Sunday Ticket is a massive loss leader. Directv lost hundreds of millions a year on it for the exclusive rights and YouTube will lose even more. They are betting the increase in subscribers to YoutubeTv will make up the gap. The people paying $400 a year added together doesn’t even come close to what YouTube is paying for it. 

• Thanks 1

I missed out on the YTTV deal for sunday ticket but I'll wait and see if they lower the price soon after the season starts, or I'll just pay the extra 50 bucks.

The best thing about YTTV is that you can set any program like Sportscenter/First Take or whatever to record and it'll record it every day then you can just jump in 30 minutes after whatever show starts and skip the 1000s of commercials. I'd buy it for just that. Not having to ever watch commercials is great. I might even be tempted to watch football games that way lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 1:52 PM, SkinsFTW said:

I missed out on the YTTV deal for sunday ticket but I'll wait and see if they lower the price soon after the season starts, or I'll just pay the extra 50 bucks.

The best thing about YTTV is that you can set any program like Sportscenter/First Take or whatever to record and it'll record it every day then you can just jump in 30 minutes after whatever show starts and skip the 1000s of commercials. I'd buy it for just that. Not having to ever watch commercials is great. I might even be tempted to watch football games that way lol. 

Wish I could get that here. Supposedly they're working on it.

On 7/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, SkinsFTW said:

If you don’t mind watching when the game is over, go the NFL+ route. $79.99. Preseason games are live, regular season games come on about 15 min after the game is over. 

If a game comes on at 1, I just live my life normally and sit down to eat at 5 or 6 and watch the game. Sometimes they have commercials already cut, if not you can fast forward through them. 

They also have 20 minute versions of game the next day and you can get the coaches film. 

also, you get a lot of the extra series such as A football Life as well as old games.

This is my preferred way of watching. it’s opened my Sundays up to do the things I need to do

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If you don’t mind watching when the game is over, go the NFL+ route. $79.99. Preseason games are live, regular season games come on about 15 min after the game is over. 

If a game comes on at 1, I just live my life normally and sit down to eat at 5 or 6 and watch the game. Sometimes they have commercials already cut, if not you can fast forward through them. 

They also have 20 minute versions of game the next day and you can get the coaches film. 

also, you get a lot of the extra series such as A football Life as well as old games.

This is my preferred way of watching. it’s opened my Sundays up to do the things I need to do

Have no idea what NFL + is. We only stream, is it available that way? $79.99 a month?

40 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

Have no idea what NFL + is. We only stream, is it available that way? $79.99 a month?

I was trying to give a direct link but the page crashed. I have an old iPad. Just go to NFL.com and look at the top and you will see the NFL+ icon. You can read about it there. I stream it through my Apple TV box and my living room tv. My dad watches it on his computer. You can watch it on mobile. It’s great.

edit: https://id.nfl.com/subscriptions/select/nflplus?signinpages=checkout&signuppages=checkout,favoriteteam&upsellType=secondary-nav&upsellLocation=nfl.com:plus:landing&redirecturl=https://www.nfl.com/plus/

what I have described is the premium package. I’m not sure how well the smaller package works.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Anyone know of an option to watch live on Friday if you live outside the local area?  I will still never understand why the Sunday Ticket doesn't offer an additional package to include preseason. Missing out on lost revenues there from us diehards. 

NFL+ will air preseason games live.  I think it’s $99 to sign up.  NFL+ is great, because you can get full regular season games only a few hours after the finish, along with condensed games.  Get the NFL app on your smart TV.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Anyone know of an option to watch live on Friday if you live outside the local area?  I will still never understand why the Sunday Ticket doesn't offer an additional package to include preseason. Missing out on lost revenues there from us diehards. 

I can't make any guarantees but I just went to the nfl app and clicked sign In.

It gave me a code and told me to activate it on nfl.com.

I did that and it asked me for my TV subscriber which is youtubetv (and I also have sunday ticket).

After I clicked it let me in to all the nfl plus programming and I didn't have to pay anything. 

Maybe you could try this, I'm out of market as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Youtube TV doesn't show tomorrow's game as available to me in the Charlottesville area live, only available on replay on NFL Network later this weekend, anyone else seeing the same?

Thats kinda weird, it shows available in Blacksburg.