Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a white West Virginia Republican, and I fail.

Teller

Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"

• 1981-84: The Theismann era
    • 1985-88: The Schroeder/Williams era
    • 1989-92: The Rypien era
    • 2004-07: The Brunell era

I can provide lots of evidence that cjc acts like a horse's ass on ES, and he knows it. :)

Truth is, he's most likely a cool guy in person. I suspect most of us would get along with him just fine, probably enjoy having a beer or 3 with him even.

But dam, he's got one of the most obnoxious online personalities of all time. Oh well, I guess thats his right- though I think he'd enjoy this place a lot more if he chilled a bit.

So for the record CJC- major pointing that out is not a personal attack. Your words leave no doubt :)

Anyway, I had a football bud who is very poltically apathetic and hasn't voted for president since Clinton I. He has been registered though. I told him your whole story (and he knows about me & ES) and asked him if he wanted to ride with me to drop my ballot off in the box as the City Hall polling area in our community and he agreed. He also went ahead and cast a vote for Obama in proxy for you. :) :cool:

He never would have voted for himself. So you did vote today after all bud. Congrats. :cheers:

Wow, very cool of him to do that. :applause:

i don't know man, there are just too many promises to go along w/ tax cuts. something has to give. yes, you can look at their plans (i spent quite a bit of time doing so) but really, it's a guess as to the percentage of what they're saying they'll do that they actually do. and i'm buying low on the %.

if things are great for you, feel free to buy me a ticket to a game next season. :cheers:

As long as you bring the jagerbombs! :cheers:

Except for stating that he would not vote for a candidate that did not visit his state only to change his vote because the handouts that he sees coming his way are way to difficult to pass up.

So please explain how this differs from those who voted for McCain hoping to benefit from his version of tax cuts. The system is designed for everyone to vote in his or her own self interest, whatever that means to them. If the self interests of enough people coincides, their candidate wins. Period.

Your pathetic attempt at making H_H feel bad or guilty for having the audacity to examine the issues and come to his own decision marks you as small minded and petty. But then Major said it better, you're an ass.

HH, sorry to hear this happened to you. I had to vote early cause I was working the polls out of precinct yesterday, and even in my Precinct (perhaps the smallest or near smallest in Summers, County) We averaged 16 people an hour, and we are supposed to give people 5 minutes.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I'd be bummed to, (even though I voted for McCain).

So please explain how this differs from those who voted for McCain hoping to benefit from his version of tax cuts. The system is designed for everyone to vote in his or her own self interest, whatever that means to them. If the self interests of enough people coincides, their candidate wins. Period.

Your pathetic attempt at making H_H feel bad or guilty for having the audacity to examine the issues and come to his own decision marks you as small minded and petty. But then Major said it better, you're an ass.

Okay, I don't want to continue this. I almost lost my membership to this board because of this thread. Look, there is a difference in the way that h_h went about it. He was out there in the open saying (paraphrasing: I will not vote for a man who doesn't even visit my state). Then he changed his vote to Obama because of the "help" that Obama would give him. h_h even said it himself.

I'm not saying that h-h is a bad person. I'm simply saying that I saw him as a very strong-minded person(I'm sure he still is), but he took a step back in my book. Again, I am not saying h_h is a horrible person or anything even near that and I did not intend to hurt his feelings or anything like that. All I did was state the facts.

Last comment, but since I amde one in the thread i want to follow it up in the thread: CJ provided a post that meets exactly what I asked for--it takes him completely off the hook for what otherwise would have been a personal attack.

I don't want the guy banned, even temporarily, but I'd like to see the post in question, if possible.

Okay, I don't want to continue this. I almost lost my membership to this board because of this thread. Look, there is a difference in the way that h_h went about it. He was out there in the open saying (paraphrasing: I will not vote for a man who doesn't even visit my state). Then he changed his vote to Obama because of the "help" that Obama would give him. h_h even said it himself.

I'm not saying that h-h is a bad person. I'm simply saying that I saw him as a very strong-minded person(I'm sure he still is), but he took a step back in my book. Again, I am not saying h_h is a horrible person or anything even near that and I did not intend to hurt his feelings or anything like that. All I did was state the facts.

OK. How is giving me more of MY MONEY back a "handout?"

I EARNED that money. I WORKED for that money. A TAX CUT is by definition RETURNING MY MONEY to ME.

Did you accept your "handout" from George W. Bush when he signed his tax cuts and economic stimulus bills or no?

I'm sorry if you think tax cuts are a fundamentally liberal proposition. I would fundamentally disagree with you. As I said before, my party sold ME out this time, not the other way around.

HH, sorry to hear this happened to you. I had to vote early cause I was working the polls out of precinct yesterday, and even in my Precinct (perhaps the smallest or near smallest in Summers, County) We averaged 16 people an hour, and we are supposed to give people 5 minutes.

Thanks for your service to your community and your country.

:cheers:

As far as I am concerned he took a giant leap forward.

He voted based on the candidates platforms and how they would affect him rather than submitting his ballot based on ideology.

Ironic that my parent's state (and the state I graduated college from) was faced with either electing a Catholic or a black man.

Something that, historically, the WV population has has contempt for. I wish the populous of that great state would learn to be more tolerant though. I see change happening (or should I say, I used to when I lived there)...but sometimes we WV'ians are still a thick bunch.

Ironic that my parent's state (and the state I graduated college from) was faced with either electing a Catholic or a black man.

Something that, historically, the WV population has has contempt for. I wish the populous of that great state would learn to be more tolerant though. I see change happening (or should I say, I used to when I lived there)...but sometimes we WV'ians are still a thick bunch.

I think the operative word there is 'historically.'

Of course we still have some problems. Of course we're still backwards in some ways. But we're headed in the right direction.

I think the operative word there is 'historically.'

Of course we still have some problems. Of course we're still backwards in some ways. But we're headed in the right direction.

No worries - I am still like to think I am a WVian at heart. However, a heavily pro-union state like WV should have voted for Obama over McCain easily. The fact that they didn't..suggests many things..the most prominent theory being that they didn't want a black man with a muslim name running the country. Shame.

No worries - I am still like to think I am a WVian at heart. However, a heavily pro-union state like WV should have voted for Obama over McCain easily. The fact that they didn't..suggests many things..the most prominent theory being that they didn't want a black man with a muslim name running the country. Shame.

You're aware that this is the third straight election we've been red, right?

"

I spent two years following this race. I examined every last detail inside and out. I did my research. I was more than prepared to cast the most informed ballot of my life.

I wrestled with myself for months on end, trying to come to a decision. I spent literally hundreds of hours doing my own research, arguing on this board, and talking to good friends about every aspect of this election. I'll never get that time back, and neither will those of you who cared enough to patiently and politely help educate me on these candidates. For that, I am truly sorry.

HH, don't think like that. Think of it like this.

In the last 2 years you have become more enlightened and learned so many new things that you previously were not aware of. Can you honestly say that you have not learned a **** load in the past 2 years because of this election? I know I've learned more then I ever expected. We are all ignorant to some degree, wether by choice, or without even realizing it. Now, you are less ignorant about the world around you then you were previously.

I personally think, you deserve to pat yourself on the back and say "hey, I did my homework. I know what of what I speak. I'm better for it today, then I was 2 years ago."

So please, no need to beat yourself up. It sucks, you didn't vote. But you INTENDED to vote, and that should count just as much to you.

Archived