Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a white West Virginia Republican, and I fail.

Teller

Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"

• 1981-84: The Theismann era
    • 1985-88: The Schroeder/Williams era
    • 1989-92: The Rypien era
    • 2004-07: The Brunell era

it's not too late, hh. It's one day out of 365, I know it's rough, I know the system isn't set up to handle this turnout but if I was you, I'd go talk to my boss right now and tell him what happened. Tell him you waited and they wouldn't let you call so you came in but you still need to get to the polls. I know you're angry, I understand, my polling place has been 2 hour waits all day long but give it another shot, it's worth having your vote.

I agree with this. I feel really bad that you didn't get to vote. I don't know what time the polls close there, but maybe your boss would let you take an early lunch/dinner break to go. Tell him/her you'll stay a little late (if your willing to do this) if you run late. I would definitely try to negotiate something with your boss if the polls haven't yet closed.

You didn't fail dude, the voting system in WV failed. That said, always vote early in 20 years I've never once regretted it.

I think I will next time. Regardless of how I do it, I'll have a battle plan next time for sure. It's my own fault, but I figured five times the longest amount of time I had ever waited would be enough.

I agree with this. I feel really bad that you didn't get to vote. I don't know what time the polls close there, but maybe your boss would let you take an early lunch/dinner break to go. Tell him/her you'll stay a little late (if your willing to do this) if you run late. I would definitely try to negotiate something with your boss if the polls haven't yet closed.

Thanks Brandy, but like I said before, I'm an hour away from my polling place, so that's an hour up, an hour back, and a minimum of four hours to vote. Ain't happening. :(

Also, my ex-wife just came from my old polling place (where I NEVER waited, not even for a second) and she said the officials there told her a minimum of 2 1/2 hours. Good luck entertaining a 5-year old and 2-year old for that long.

Damn it. I love that so many people care about this election, but there's two votes for Obama that won't be cast.

it's not too late, hh. It's one day out of 365, I know it's rough, I know the system isn't set up to handle this turnout but if I was you, I'd go talk to my boss right now and tell him what happened. Tell him you waited and they wouldn't let you call so you came in but you still need to get to the polls. I know you're angry, I understand, my polling place has been 2 hour waits all day long but give it another shot, it's worth having your vote.

You have until 7:30 to get in line, if this option is possible.

If not, don't beat yourself up over this. You went, you tried your best.

Now quickly call 5 McCain supporters and tell them voting has been extended til midnight. :silly:

I'm assuming that your work schedule won't let you go after work?

No. I get off at 10 tonight. Our polls in WV close at 7:30.

I'm just so gotdamn frustrated. I know I miscalculated. It's my fault. I admit that. But this election, and coming to my decision on who to vote for this time around, was in some ways life changing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but these two years have been filled with trial -- and as a result -- personal growth.

I felt like today was supposed to be the culmination of that.

I'm just so gotdamn frustrated. I know I miscalculated. It's my fault. I admit that. But this election, and coming to my decision on who to vote for this time around, was in some ways life changing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but these two years have been filled with trial -- and as a result -- personal growth.

I know you wanted to vote, especially with all you went through in coming to your decision. But, I think you should be proud of yourself regardless. Not everyone is fortunate enough to say to themselves that they were able to learn and grow from this experience. I think you probably got more out of this election than any of us to a certain degree, so don't be down on yourself. You actually did everything that all of us SHOULD have done. You have nothing to feel bad about IMO.

No, it's not your fault. There's a reason it's called Election Day and not Election Week. This is on the system. They've had four years to set this **** up so it works efficiently and they've failed miserably.

Don't sweat it H_H. Things happen sometimes. Next time you'll know though. Here's hoping Obama's health plan and middle class tax cuts help you and our economy out.

FWIW I've taken the same ideological journey you have. I'll be watching the GOP closely over the next few years to see if they can win my vote back.

I know you wanted to vote, especially with all you went through in coming to your decision. But, I think you should be proud of yourself regardless. Not everyone is fortunate enough to say to themselves that they were able to learn and grow from this experience. I think you probably got more out of this election than any of us to a certain degree, so don't be down on yourself. You actually did everything that all of us SHOULD have done. You have nothing to feel bad about IMO.

*speechless*

HH--I've been waiting to get home from work to share this with you--you didn't fail at all. I read your post this morning about not voting, and I was so excited about this vote and the atmosphere around here is ecletric in a good way like I haven't seen for as long as I can remember, and I shared your deep regret for your cirumstance.

Anyway, I had a football bud who is very poltically apathetic and hasn't voted for president since Clinton I. He has been registered though. I told him your whole story (and he knows about me & ES) and asked him if he wanted to ride with me to drop my ballot off in the box as the City Hall polling area in our community and he agreed. He also went ahead and cast a vote for Obama in proxy for you. :) :cool:

He never would have voted for himself. So you did vote today after all bud. Congrats. :cheers:

Archived