Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a white West Virginia Republican, and I fail.

Teller

Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"

• 1981-84: The Theismann era
    • 1985-88: The Schroeder/Williams era
    • 1989-92: The Rypien era
    • 2004-07: The Brunell era

Speaking of bumping...

Sticking to your guns?

I'm sticking to what I believe. I have core beliefs that I will never, ever abandon or compromise. I don't rely on others or on programs to help me. I prefer to keep more of what I've earned.

Just saying...

Ken, you wouldn't be the first to cast me as a sellout if you chose to do so. And if you really think I "rely on others" to decide who to vote for, well then, we don't know each other as well as I thought.

Let me see here. Bigger tax cut, letting me keep more of my money. That used to be a conservative principle right? How'd we lose that one?

Um, how bout giving people a tax credit for taking care of their children? Sounds like a pretty conservative idea to me, right? "Keep more of your money so that you can raise your kids right." Hard to argue that one.

How bout, ohhhh, pursuing the sworn enemies of the United States wherever they might be; even in other sovreign nations? (See Ronald Reagan v. Mohamar Khadaffi.) Yep, another conservative principle.

How bout changing affirmative action to a need-based system instead of race-based system. (i.e. level the playing field for all people of all races, boosting the ones who CAN'T do for themselves; not those that won't.) Sounds pretty conservative.

How bout truly making healthcare affordable, as opposed to TAXING IT. WTF? McCain truly wants to tax what little half-ass healthcare benefit I get? That's great, Johnny. I don't need my money anyway, ya arch-conservative. :rolleyes:

The way I see it, Ken, I lose in one major area. Obama will probably get to appoint two justices to the SCOTUS. I'm not happy about that, and it scares me just a bit. But his direct benefit to me is unmistakable.

And when the Heritage Foundation says the democratic candidate is the best choice for me -- a middle-class American -- I'd argue that I'm not the one selling out at all. That'd be the fine senator from Arizona.

Ken, you wouldn't be the first to cast me as a sellout if you chose to do so. And if you really think I "rely on others" to decide who to vote for, well then, we don't know each other as well as I thought.

Let me see here. Bigger tax cut, letting me keep more of my money. That used to be a conservative principle right? How'd we lose that one?

Um, how bout giving people a tax credit for taking care of their children? Sounds like a pretty conservative idea to me, right? "Keep more of your money so that you can raise your kids right." Hard to argue that one.

How bout, ohhhh, pursuing the sworn enemies of the United States wherever they might be; even in other sovreign nations? (See Ronald Reagan v. Mohamar Khadaffi.) Yep, another conservative principle.

How bout changing affirmative action to a need-based system instead of race-based system. (i.e. level the playing field for all people of all races, boosting the ones who CAN'T do for themselves; not those that won't.) Sounds pretty conservative.

How bout truly making healthcare affordable, as opposed to TAXING IT. WTF? McCain truly wants to tax what little half-ass healthcare benefit I get? That's great, Johnny. I don't need my money anyway, ya arch-conservative. :rolleyes:

The way I see it, Ken, I lose in one major area. Obama will probably get to appoint two justices to the SCOTUS. I'm not happy about that, and it scares me just a bit. But his direct benefit to me is unmistakable.

And when the Heritage Foundation says the democratic candidate is the best choice for me -- a middle-class American -- I'd argue that I'm not the one selling out at all. That'd be the fine senator from Arizona.

Obama should've had you in the infomercial last night :D

Hog, I just got back from the Obama rally in Virginia beach, I was surprised at how much stuff he said was in his plan that a bunch of republicans said he wasn't going to do because he was the democratic nominee.

After tonight, I really do believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised if Obama wins.

Turn the US BLUE!!!! :D

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

HH, I know you'll never do it- but if anyone wants to make phone calls to undecided voters, please read the above quote, and then follow this link:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/makecalls

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

HH, I know you'll never do it- but if anyone wants to make phone calls to undecided voters, please read the above quote, and then follow this link:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/makecalls

Heh. The irony is strong with this one.

The only candidate that inspired me enough to make calls was McCain in 2000.

My how times have changed.

I won't go that far. I'm certainly a prodigal GOPer. But the facts for middle-class America are what they are. And that being the case -- IMHO -- Obama deserves to win.

I meant for this election, president wise, lol

the US goes blue, and Obama is our president for the next 4 years :D

But his direct benefit to me is unmistakable.

This is what it boils down to. If you believe Obama, you vote for him.

If you think he's selling snake oil, you don't.

I think he's selling the oil. If I'm wrong, it's probably a good thing for the country.

If you're wrong, (meaning Obama supporters in general) we're all screwed.

I'm not labeling you at all. I stated what my core beliefs are and how I never will abandon them. If you want to believe that all of this stuff will come to fruition, then vote as you say you will. I'm just saying that no one changes my mind - I think for myself and make decisions accordingly. If you feel that you have done the same thing, then fine.

According to the polls, you will get your wish. But remember, it took Bill Clinton only one month to break his middle class promise.

One other thing - I will never vote along racial lines. I cast my votes on who I believe can best represent me.

This is what it boils down to. If you believe Obama, you vote for him.

If you think he's selling snake oil, you don't.

I think he's selling the oil. If I'm wrong, it's probably a good thing for the country.

If you're wrong, (meaning Obama supporters in general) we're all screwed.

Screwed is in the eye of the beholder.

Methinks we're already there.

I'm not labeling you at all. I stated what my core beliefs are and how I never will abandon them. If you want to believe that all of this stuff will come to fruition, then vote as you say you will. I'm just saying that no one changes my mind - I think for myself and make decisions accordingly. If you feel that you have done the same thing, then fine.

According to the polls, you will get your wish. But remember, it took Bill Clinton only one month to break his middle class promise.

One other thing - I will never vote along racial lines. I cast my votes on who I believe can best represent me.

Bill Clinton increased the annal wages of the middle class by 7500 per year.

Right now?

They make 2,000 less than 4 years ago.

Clinton also created more than 2 million jobs.

Now? 750,000 have been lost since January.

Right now?

he also cut the military almost in half. how many servicemen and women lost those jobs?

Right now?

My paychecks had more going to the government during the Clinton years. I had more coming back in recent years.

The only jobs Clinton created were those who he appointed to office.

wow ax..we both just said snake oil in 2 different threads...creepy

Yeah, I think Snake Oil salesman fits perfectly in this instance. Been saying it for a while now.

That we both did so in such a short period of time must prove that we ARE a Right Wing Conspiracy. Clinging to our guns.;)

There is no bigger snake oil salesman than the leadership of the GOP. They've done a brilliant job of getting the middle class to vote against their own self-interests for years.

get your own cool word dude. and clinton did just as much for his own gains as well.

coughwagthedogcough

Right now?

According to this link (http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services/4345411-1.html) dated June 1, 2007, more than eight million jobs had been created from 2003 to that point in Bush's term.

Considering 9/11 and how that could have impacted the economy, it's a pretty good record. Also, the economy was starting to lag at the end of Clinton's term. It showed signs of going down heading into the 2000 election. It was somewhat of a natural occurance, but give Bush credit for having to deal with that.

Economies run in cycles. Imagine this downturn without the entire mortgage mess. This downturn might have resembled the one in 2000 moreso that the extreme condition we are facing today.

coughiraqtryingtopleasedaddyandscrewinguptheworldcough

baaaaaaaaahaaaa...we ONLY went to war over there because clinton wasnt smart enough to snatch up bin laden when he had his chance. we went to afghanistan because of 9/11 and just went right next door and cleaned that up too.

something your precious commander in chief would NEVER have done because he was too busy getting oral and downsizing the military. yeah that did us all real good. :thumbsup:

Dubya didn't even know who Bin Laden was, my friend.

No surprise there, because you know, that would involve actually reading something someone put in front of him instead of just "going from his gut."

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. keep telling yourself he didnt know who bin laden was. the truth is that clinton was too big of a putz to get him. he was more worried about cutting our defense in half, meeting fat interns and lobbing missles at afghanistan to take the attention off of his misdoings.

Archived