Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a white West Virginia Republican, and I fail.

Teller

Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"

• 1981-84: The Theismann era
    • 1985-88: The Schroeder/Williams era
    • 1989-92: The Rypien era
    • 2004-07: The Brunell era

We'll just have to agree to disagree, my friend.

But just compare what shape the country was in when that Slick Willie left office and where it is now just eight years later.

Obama or McCain, whoever wins, they got a hell of a mess to clean up. I will support them both. Country first.

One of them hit da target though

:doh:

:D

(bin Ladin better be dead in the next year or two, that **** needs to check onto the next life)

I'm not so sold on that anymore. Crush Bin Laden's legacy -- which is Al Qaeda. If we kill him, he becomes a martyr to inspire others. If we crush Al Qaeda during his time, he will no longer be considered great to many potential supporters. He will look like a flacid failure. That will take much of the inspiration out of the jihadi movement.

At the same time, as Iraq gets further on its legs, others in the Middle East that otherwise would have looked toward Al Qaeda will see some optimism in Iraq. That was one of the biggest reasons for going there that was never really discussed much. Young, unemployed men are the prime recruits for Al Qaeda. If those young men are optimistic about their futures, they will be less inclined to join the jihad. This includes young men in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, Iran.

We are limited in our options for dealing with Saudi Arabia with their jihadi issues, but if we can slowly make their people call for change because of things they see in Iraq, we can hopefully change things for the following generations.

I'm not so sold on that anymore. Crush Bin Laden's legacy -- which is Al Qaeda. If we kill him, he becomes a martyr to inspire others. If we crush Al Qaeda during his time, he will no longer be considered great to many potential supporters. He will look like a flacid failure. That will take much of the inspiration out of the jihadi movement.

At the same time, as Iraq gets further on its legs, others in the Middle East that otherwise would have looked toward Al Qaeda will see some optimism in Iraq. That was one of the biggest reasons for going there that was never really discussed much. Young, unemployed men are the prime recruits for Al Qaeda. If those young men are optimistic about their futures, they will be less inclined to join the jihad.

i think he becomes an inspiration to the american people as well like "we got that ****er and we told you we would. we arent playing and if you mess with us you get the same thing".

i think he becomes an inspiration to the american people as well like "we got that ****er and we told you we would. we arent playing and if you mess with us you get the same thing".

Think longer term. I don't want my four year old and his classmates having to fight the same battles we are today. Cure the disease. Stop allowing rulers in those countries to hold us up as the great Satan. Allow their "subjects" to find something to be optimistic about. Allow them to find a future in which to aspire. Suicide doesn't feed on optimism.

Think longer term. I don't want my four year old and his classmates having to fight the same battles we are today. Cure the disease. Stop allowing rulers in those countries to hold us up as the great Satan. Allow their "subjects" to find something to be optimistic about. Allow them to find a future in which to aspire. Suicide doesn't feed on optimism.

you think that not killing him will do something good? it will show that our country was not able to do what it set out to do and that is a major letdown. think post vietnam.

now if we get bin laden and also at the same time help iraq rebuild to a well functioning country then we can fix 2 problems at the same time.

you think that not killing him will do something good? it will show that our country was not able to do what it set out to do and that is a major letdown. think post vietnam.

now if we get bin laden and also at the same time help iraq rebuild to a well functioning country then we can fix 2 problems at the same time.

I made my point. He wants to be used as a martyr for a greater cause. Take that away from him. Make him, and his cause, impotent. We need to demoralize the cause. Doing so will keep our future generations safer.

I made my point. He wants to be used as a martyr for a greater cause. Take that away from him. Make him, and his cause, impotent. We need to demoralize the cause. Doing so will keep our future generations safer.

i made mine too. take him out, prove we mean business but have a kind hand as well by building up countries that dont support terrorism.

doing so will help present and future generations.

:cheers:

I won't be disappointed if and when we do get him. :cheers:

I just think it would be better to focus on the direction as I've laid it out. Sure, if we happen upon him, lop his head off, post it on a spike in front of Ground Zero with a light shining on it until it rots.

That may qualify as rage in some peoples minds, but I don't care. They sit down to pee anyway. :)

I won't be disappointed if and when we do get him. :cheers:

I just think it would be better to focus on the direction as I've laid it out. Sure, if we happen upon him, lop his head off, post it on a spike in front of Ground Zero with a light shining on it until it rots.

That may qualify as rage in some peoples minds, but I don't care. They sit down to pee anyway. :)

hahahahahaaa..couldnt have said it better myself :cheers:

I don't know. What's of greater symbolic value? Bin Ladin pointing at the U.S. and saying we're impotent because we can not touch him while he makes us bleed in Afghanistan and Iraq or Bin Ladin becoming a martyr? I think the symbolism of Bin Ladin in chains or gotten by the U.S. is more important. As a martyr, is he more valuable than any other idiot who puts dynamite around his chest and blows himself up? However, it is of huge value to those who want to do us harm that he seemingly can get away with it and live without harm because it gives them hope that they can be monsters and get away with it too.

get your own cool word dude. and clinton did just as much for his own gains as well.

coughwagthedogcough

You do realize the term "Wag the Dog" was used by Republicans who thought that Clinton going after Bin Ladin was a political election stunt and a waste of our time and misuse of our military, don't you?

I wish Wag the Dog would have worked or wasn't pressured to end prematurely. 9/11 may never have happened.

The main problem with killing bin laden, or not acknowledging he's already dead, is that the more feminine of our male population would declare the war on terror over. Making support for the fight erode more than it already has.

Which should bring us back to the subject of this thread. I think Obama has an unrealistic view of foreign policy, and will worry more about what the "world" thinks, than what is best for our country. Meaning he will go to gunfights carrying only a knife.

I'm a white Virginia born Independent, and I'll hold my nose, and vote McCain.

McCain sucks. Obama sucks, squared.

That's possible, Ax. It could have that kind of symbolic impact on us too which is a frightening thought. It does point to the power that this man still has and holds over us though. I still want to get him though whether via a bullet, a bomb or in chains. I think it's important for the American psyche and to the psyche of would be killers to know that even if it takes time, justice will be served.

That's possible, Ax. It could have that kind of symbolic impact on us too which is a frightening thought. It does point to the power that this man still has and holds over us though. I still want to get him though whether via a bullet, a bomb or in chains. I think it's important for the American psyche and to the psyche of would be killers to know that even if it takes time, justice will be served.

I'm not convinced that we didn't already get him. It certainly seems more advantageous, to both sides, to continue to claim he's still alive.

We may be 99% sure he's dead, but can't risk claiming it because if he's still kickin', he could prove it without a shadow of doubt, making us look foolish. They could be thinking, "If they want to waste time and effort trying to track down a dead man, let's feed the notion".

Of course he really could still be alive, and if so, I agree, we need to make him dead, eventually.

I'm not labeling you at all. I stated what my core beliefs are and how I never will abandon them. If you want to believe that all of this stuff will come to fruition, then vote as you say you will. I'm just saying that no one changes my mind - I think for myself and make decisions accordingly. If you feel that you have done the same thing, then fine.

According to the polls, you will get your wish. But remember, it took Bill Clinton only one month to break his middle class promise.

One other thing - I will never vote along racial lines. I cast my votes on who I believe can best represent me.

Amen.

Each candidate is promising tax cuts, as they do every election. I would never compromise my beliefs to choose the best promised tax cut I think would bring the biggest dollar back on my check. The safety of this country is more important than my paycheck. We haven't had any more attacks since 9/11/2001, but no one seems to care about that. My old neighbor worked for Homeland Security and when asked how many terrorist attacks we have avoided since then, he replied, "You would not believe it." They keep it quiet from the public. And that was just in 2005. Not that tax cuts aren't a factor, because it is time tested that the left generally raises taxes and the right decreases them. But in this economy, in all honesty, what are we expecting? We can't expect much money back. C'mon. I just pray they don't take any MORE out, which is what I totally fear Obama will do, because he wants to distribute the wealth and give it to someone who doesn't work 12 hours a day like I do.

Jason:

There are so many things I do not like about Obama. I just cannot believe money would change a person's vote like that, because that is what it sounds like to me. And you honestly think he's going to change affirmative action to include all races, including Caucasian? Based on the church he goes to? Keep dreaming. If he does win, you'll realize you helped the nightmare become reality.

Karla, I <3 you and all... but don't you think you're pushing it a bit with the borderline "Obama brings the apocalypse" thinking?

What exactly is "the nightmare", anyway?

When all of your promises don't come true, you will be angrier than I will. I won't be angry at all, because I never believed the promises to begin with.

Healthcare for one. I don't know how that would work: "you can choose your job's healthcare or the government's!" I just don't see there being a half-@ss government run healthcare system. I can just see there being just one healthcare for all just like overseas, where you have no choice for doctors, dentists, orthodontists, anything: no choice for anything anymore, where it can take a year to wait for a surgery you need. And then everyone will complain about how bad the care is, how you can't choose your own doctor, etc....because that FREEDOM will be taken away completely. And guess who is going to pay for this healthcare system? The people being taxed by Obama, making >50,000 a year. So we become poor. And then more and more people become poor. A caste society. Goodbye free, democratic America. You wanted change, you got it!

(and I love you, too!, thanks for that) :) and you'd better be at a game soon.

This is just one example, and this is ONLY a hypothesis or a hunch, so you peeps don't go lambasting me for anything!

Archived