Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Oy

This will serve as my morning rant

Recently my SIL gave boyzilla an IPad she had, quickly figured out why

Thing wouldn't work, she got him another

Me being the gullible dupe I apparently am have spent all morning trying to get it working

Download Apple software and fight my way through the thicket of anti-user friendly chiming pop ups to get to the point where it might actually Help

Try to get it to recognize/update/restore/self destruct/SOMETHING!

Should be posting the video later of me sidearming the SOB into the marsh like a Frisbee because if I skeet its ass the neighbors will object

Screw Apple

Man I got the best email this morning from Jimmy's older brother. Thinking about quiting my job now.

Hi,

My name is Warren Buffett, A philanthropist the CEO and Chairman of the Berkshire Hathaway. I believe strongly in 'living' and I have decided to donate this amount to our Sunshine Lady Humanitarian Grants Program to give out {$ 5,500,000.00} Five Million Five Hundred Thousand United Dollars, to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as one of the lucky individuals. 

Your email address was chosen online while searching at random. Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience.
So I do not know what to do. I can not wait to receive your email. 

I have made contact with my payout bank on how to receive your grant donation fund. 

Regards, 

Warren Buffett.

7 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Been watching The Sopranos for the first time. Up to season 2 episode 4. So far not that impressed. Not horrible just not that exciting. 

It's a really good show, imo.  To be fair, the show first aired on HBO 20 years ago.  Lot's of better stuff has come out since then, no doubt, but back then, it was one of the best shows on at the time.  I can see it being just "ok" for newcomers watching it 20 years later.

I watched it weekly when each episode dropped, from start to finish, loved it at the time.  Tried to watch it again from start to finish about 5 years ago, I can't remember how far I got, but it didn't hold my interest like it did during the first run.  The Wire though, I watched it weekly too first run, and have watched it through at least 5 times, never gets old.

And as @skinsmarydu , the same with The Shield.  I've watched it through at least 4 or 5 times too.  Some shows are like that, some aren't.  I watched Oz again and it was still pretty good, but now have no desire to watch it through again.  Twice is enough.

Not a complete list, but here is a list of shows I can watch start to finish (or any episodes at any time) and not get tired of:

1.  The Wire

2.  The Shield

3.  Battlestar Galactica (reboot)

4.  Stargate SG-1

5.  Stargate Atlantis

6.  Blue Mountain State

7.  Supernatural (granted its still running - this is just repeat episodes on this one)

8.  24

9.  Dallas 

10. Jericho (though only 2 seasons :( )

11.  Curb Your Enthusiasm 

12.  Chappalle's Show

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's a really good show, imo.  To be fair, the show first aired on HBO 20 years ago.  Lot's of better stuff has come out since then, no doubt, but back then, it was one of the best shows on at the time.  I can see it being just "ok" for newcomers watching it 20 years later.

I think this is the part that a lot of folks forget about when ranking The Sopranos as the GOAT series. At the time, The Sopranos was groundbreaking television.  Sure, there had been some premium television dramas before it, like Oz (which was a great show and a springboard for a lot of acting careers), but back in 1999, way before things went viral, The Sopranos went viral.  It became an overnight sensation after the first few episodes of Season 1.  Sports talk shows like PTI and ATH used to discuss Sopranos, network morning shows would talk about it, you'd hear DJs on the radio like "Man did yall see Sopranos last night?  Crazy!"   This was before social media when the entire world was hip to something in less than an hour. 

The Sopranos was a great drama, well acted, well written, perfect balance of drama, comedy, and action.  Slow burn seasons that lead up to epic moments of violence and jaw-dropping finales.  And with HBO being a premium subscription network, they had the freedom for graphic violence, graphic language, strong sexual content.  Never really seen anything push the envelope on television before, which I think had a lot to do with the show blowing up the way it did. 

The Sopranos paved the way for premium and cable dramas. WAY before Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister, before Walter White & Jesse Pinkman, before Rick Grimes & Daryl Dixon,Stringer Bell & Avon Barksdale....there was Tony Soprano.  #rip  So when folks talk about The Sopranos and compare it to the top tier stuff out today, they've got to remember that The Sopranos was the first to ever do it.  :headbang:

Archived