Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

9 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I ain’t mad. I like the show but pinkman was a punk as **** who was stupid af. Walt getting cuckhold, no respect for that man. Skyler was a hoe. Hank was dope. 

Skyler was pretty ****ty. When she looked him dead red and said "I ****ed my boss last night... What are you gonna do about it, Walt?" or something to that effect, it wouldn't have been hard for me to see a scenario where I launch them hands. 😂

21 minutes ago, Chew said:

I should have mentioned that in my response two posts above.

I would've been MUCH more interested had Blacklist been on AMC, TNT, HBO, SHOW, etc.  Much more freedom for Spader to really shine. 

I really liked Blacklist as it was, I made it through two seasons.  I might start over again and catch up, but yeah...it'd be way better on a cable network.  

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Skyler was pretty ****ty. When she looked him dead red and said "I ****ed my boss last night... What are you gonna do about it, Walt?" or something to that effect, it wouldn't have been hard for me to see a scenario where I launch them hands. 😂

She was terrible.  She was all anti drug business until she saw the money.  Then she got almost as ruthless as Walt.  And then when she learned that there was some bloodshed going on, she got all ****ing weird.  TF did you expect?  

I don't know if it was the actresses but my one gripe with the show was how the women were written/portrayed.  Hank's wife was terrible, too.  

But looking back on it, the woman that played Skyler did a really good job in order to get such a strong reaction from me.  I just hated how she kept flip flopping on stuff when she saw something she didn't like.

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I would love to see Blacklist on AMC or HBO.  Network tv just can't really compete.

Syfy isn't exactly network, but feel similarly that some shows like The Expanse work better with the gloves taken off.  Was crushed when they talked about letting it die, and jubulation when Amazon picked it up for season 4. I hate censorship, but I get why it's done.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Syfy isn't exactly network, but feel similarly that some shows like The Expanse work better with the gloves taken off.  Was crushed when they talked about letting it die, and jubulation when Amazon picked it up for season 4. I hate censorship, but I get why it's done.

I'm looking for something to watch, I'll check that out.

If you want to watch something that's no hold barred violence, check out Banshee.  It's on Amazon.  All that show is, is fighting and ****ing.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I really liked Blacklist as it was, I made it through two seasons.  I might start over again and catch up, but yeah...it'd be way better on a cable network.  

Gosh, Spiffy.  You just "get" me.  I might start claiming you as my cousin.  :806:

To me, she played her role perfectly, illustrating the nature of many relationships (one side commits the vile act, the other side gets/wants revenge, and the relationship becomes chaotic and further spirals out of control).

Destructive nature of Walt, poisoning everyone around him. It was beautifully done, but just as a man, that scene very memorable lol.

Seeing as that's already happened to me in a relationship and I took the high road, I probably wouldn't flip, but man, love is crazy lol. 

1 minute ago, Chew said:

Gosh, Spiffy.  You just "get" me.  I might start claiming you as my cousin.  :806:

We'll cruise down to that Grand National garage in NC.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

To me, she played her role perfectly, illustrating the nature of many relationships (one side commits the vile act, the other side gets/wants revenge, and the relationship becomes chaotic and further spirals out of control).

Destructive nature of Walt, poisoning everyone around him. It was beautifully done, but just as a man, that scene very memorable lol.

Seeing as that's already happened to me in a relationship and I took the high road, I probably wouldn't flip, but man, love is crazy lol. 

She did, for sure.

The odd thing to me about that show is that none of those people ever really reached any other kind of greatness after the show.  Cranston has done a bunch of stuff but nothing on that level.  Aaron Paul hasn't done anything significant.  The guy that played Hank hasn't done much, same with Skyler and the rest.  They're all super talented but can't seem to match what they did on that show anywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The odd thing to me about that show is that none of those people ever really reached any other kind of greatness after the show.  

'Cause they was weak ass actors.

Just kidding. I enjoyed Breaking Bad, just not as much as you guys.

Hank is on that show Claws . I don't watch it, but one of my friends swears by it. I couldn't give an opinion one way or another.

TV stars usually get a Hollywood bump if their shows are really good. Very few deserve it though (just comes with the wave of popularity).

Almost all of the GoT stars have been average at best in many of their movies. I remember when Matthew Fox got that Vantage Point movie at the height of LOST popularity, but fizzled after that.

It's just a different realm. Best you can probably hope for is to catch lightning in a bottle once, and call it a career. People probably frown on guys like Sean Astin, but between The Goonies and LOTR, people will know his face for as long as this planet is still spinning, and that's quite an accomplishment.

Confession: Speaking of that guy, I was the one that kept saying "don't tell me what happened" with breaking bad and GoT and didn't start watching with an regularity until they were almost over.  One day ill binge watch them both, as I cheated by "catching up" via Wikipedia.  My habit is doing all nighter binge watching, that's how I make time, have to stop because I have to go to work : )

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hank is on that show Claws . I don't watch it, but one of my friends swears by it. I couldn't give an opinion one way or another.

TV stars usually get a Hollywood bump if their shows are really good. Very few deserve it though (just comes with the wave of popularity).

Almost all of the GoT stars have been average at best in many of their movies. I remember when Matthew Fox got that Vantage Point movie at the height of LOST popularity, but fizzled after that.

It's just a different realm. Best you can probably hope for is to catch lightning in a bottle once, and call it a career. People probably frown on guys like Sean Astin, but between The Goonies and LOTR, people will know his face for as long as this planet is still spinning, and that's quite an accomplishment.

Pffft, I know you're a tough guy but if you're talking Sean Astin we gotta bring up Rudy and the tears everyone sheds in the end.  No one here is safe, the room gets ****ing dusty as **** every time, no matter what.

Watch it at work and try not to cry, I dare all of you.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I've never seen Rudy. I'm looking forward to the Tom Brady biopic. 

This next one will be something altogether different. I don't think any 40 yo QB has won it all (of course it kinda doesn't count since he is like a grandmaster Vampire, but I digress ).

One ring to rule them all.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This next one will be something altogether different. I don't think any 40 yo QB has won it all (of course it kinda doesn't count since he is like a grandmaster Vampire, but I digress ).

One ring to rule them all.

Yep, oldest is Manning at 39.  Peyton was a shell of himself by time he did that, is there any reason to believe Brady couldnt come back next year and do it again because he wants to? The dude could regress to game manager status in his mid40s at this rate, his become the final boss of the NFL every year now.

As much I can't stand the dude, I hope it never comes out he's taking something like HGH I keep it going like this.  There'd be an asterick in nearly every Superbowl this century.

I don't  think there is any way he can't be on something. I mean I guess it all could truly be TB12 and redwood trea leaf tea or some ****, but that kinda makes me feel like he thinks  we're all stupid. We'll never know unless he gets busted, so I just focus on what is and what isn't atm.

If there was any person that could go to legal, ridiculous lengths to maintain a stranglehold on that throne, it would be the eternal skinnyfat, dopey looking 6th rounder.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Claws is ****ing hilarious, I mentioned it in the TV show thread. Season 3 starts in May.

Niecy Nash (black chick from 911) and her crew of high-maintenance girlfriends run a nail salon in Tampa.  On the other end of the strip mall from the salon is a pill mill, run by Dean Norris (Hank from Breaking Bad) and his two sons, a bunch of country ass hillbilly types.  They funnel money from the pill mill through the nail salon.  Russian mobsters strong arm everyone and move in to take over.  Jamaican gangs get involved.  Chaos ensues. 

Graphic violence, culture clashes, funny side stories, and Niecy nash has a 45 year-old autistic brother (played by the talented Dean Simms from LOST) who is a stripper and he has a monster D and he blesses women all over south Florida :rofl89:

The whole god damn show is a mess :headbang:

Brees is 40, Big Fat Ben is 36, A-Rod is 35—these would've been considered over the hill a decade ago? I won't discount PEDs or even recovery-enhancing drugs. But they probably do take care of themselves better. Plus, the league takes care of them better. 

Curious to see if there's any rapid diminishing of arm strength as players age. And can they compensate for that loss in arm strength in other ways.

The big issue when you age is injury recovery. But when you're an older QB, worst comes to worst you can just skip practices and if you have a good OL to protect you(like Brady and Brees both have)you can play for a long time.

Manning fell off because of a neck injury. If Brees or Brady get major injuries, they'll be finished, because it'll be very difficult to recover from at their age(see Alex Smith who's career is now probably over).

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I would love to see Blacklist on AMC or HBO.  Network tv just can't really compete.

5 hours ago, Chew said:

I should have mentioned that in my response two posts above.

I would've been MUCH more interested had Blacklist been on AMC, TNT, HBO, SHOW, etc.  Much more freedom for Spader to really shine. 

Get Netflix, and catch up on all of Spade's Blacklist.

I think you'll be glad you did.

Chew, since you havn't seen any of it, I think all it will take is just 1 to 3 episodes, and you'll know right away if you're into it.

And most likely hooked.

Archived