Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Championship Sunday hasn't been a disappointment. 

Unless you like games where the officials don’t drastically effect the outcome late.

Today was an embarrassment for the league.  Their worst day since they gifted a SB to the Steelers against the Seahawks.

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Unless you like games where the officials don’t drastically effect the outcome late.

Today was an embarrassment for the league.  Their worst day since they gifted a SB to the Steelers against the Seahawks.

Agreed. That was some very "aware" officiating. The non-call for that body block in the Rams-Saints is a travesty. Saints could've run out the clock. The "roughing the passer" against Brady when the defender hit Brady's shoulder pad. 

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We will see how I feel in two weeks and at the start of next season but I think I may be done with football.  I know we keep getting told that the NFL isnt putting pressure for outcomes they want but I'm finding it harder and harder to believe.  More time for hockey I guess.

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We will see how I feel in two weeks and at the start of next season but I think I may be done with football.  I know we keep getting told that the NFL isnt putting pressure for outcomes they want but I'm finding it harder and harder to believe.  More time for hockey I guess.

March Madness awaits!

58 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's not that bad. I'm coming up on a decade of not following the NFL religiously—yesterday was the most football I've watched in 2018. I'll make it a point to go watch a Penn State game or two, but not more than that. Pro Soccer is the same for me, I've never been big on blaming officiating but more and more I'm convinced they are in it for the narrative ( desired outcome). NBA has been that way for a long time. 

So I made some eggs this morning and was looking for something to put in them when I came across this bottle of hot sauce my mom gave me as a stocking stuffer.  Hadn't tried it out yet and I figured my mom loves me and wouldn't want to try to kill me so I opened it up, threw a few dashes in there, scrambled them up and...I'm just now peeling myself off the ceiling.  

I'm not going to post the photo that Rage Against the Machine used on their first album cover as it's pretty gruesome but you guys probably know what I'm talking about.  It's like that, on my tongue.  

What in the absolute ****.  So I look it up.  Guess how many scoville units?

RepulsiveCooperativeCavy-small.gif

If you ever see this in the store, ****ing run away:

Naga.png

Melinda’s Original Naga Jolokia Pepper Sauce is pure heat. Our hottest offering by far, the Naga Jolokia is confirmed by the Guinness Book of Records to be the hottest chili in the world (1,041,427 Scoville Units), unseating the Red Savina for the title. Also known as the Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chile), the Raja Mirchi (King Chile) and the Naga Morich, this chile is grown primarily in the Northeastern region of India. The names are different depending on region, however, one thing remains the same — these peppers are hot and should be consumed with caution.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I can see them not wanting the saints to win and wanting an LA team to make it to the super bowl, but Tom Brady is on the way out and Maholmes is a rising star.... it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to tilt the game the patriots way when Brady’s brand is on the way out. If your fixing games I would think you would want to look toward the future and give someone who is going to be in the NFL the next 15 years a chance to build legend.

that pi no call was very very atrocious but other than that the officiating was OK..

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I can see them not wanting the saints to win and wanting an LA team to make it to the super bowl, but Tom Brady is on the way out and Maholmes is a rising star.... it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to tilt the game the patriots way when Brady’s brand is on the way out. If your fixing games I would think you would want to look toward the future and give someone who is going to be in the NFL the next 15 years a chance to build legend.

that pi no call was very very atrocious but other than that the officiating was OK..

Makes a lot of sense. If this list is (still) accurate but You want #4 media market in the SB, not the #27. BUT refs did give a soft PI call to the Chiefs on the drive that allowed them to go up 28-24. 

Also Rams, arguably a bigger media market in Los Angeles while Saints are 30th. 

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

that pi no call was very very atrocious but other than that the officiating was OK.

How about the phantom roughing the passer call?  Brady gets more special treatment than any other.  But it was the no call PI that pissed me off more than anything.  2 refs standing right there also.

29 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How about the phantom roughing the passer call?  Brady gets more special treatment than any other.  But it was the no call PI that pissed me off more than anything.  2 refs standing right there also.

Lets not forget the Edelman muffed punt. I certainly didn’t see conclusive evidence that should have overturned the call on the field. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Lets not forget the Edelman muffed punt. I certainly didn’t see conclusive evidence that should have overturned the call on the field. 

Meh.  That one didn't bother me.  I thought it looked like it didn't touch him.  

What about the ticky tack neutral zone infraction?  For a game with so few flags, that seemed like convenient timing. 

Makes a lot of sense. If this list is (still) accurate but You want #4 media market in the SB, not the #27. BUT refs did give a soft PI call to the Chiefs on the drive that allowed them to go up 28-24. 

Also Rams, arguably a bigger media market in Los Angeles while Saints are 30th.

@Elessar78  I would argue that as far as the Super Bowl is concerned, that where a team ranks as far as the media market means nothing.  It's played at a neutral site, this year in Atlanta.  The only way I'd see the media market rankings come into play would be if they actually played the SB at one of the two teams home stadiums (e.g. in NE or in LA), but since it's not set-up that way, it doesn't matter if the #30 ranked market plays #32 in the SB.

It's the SB, its going to be sold out regardless and on national TV.  If market rank mattered so much (in general - also, remember there is revenue sharing), then if they were trying to rig match-ups based on market size, wouldn't places like KC and NO get screwed over all season long so they don't have home field advantage during the playoffs?

Now.......if one believes the officials are told to be loose or tight with the whistle to set-up potential match-ups they think tells a better story (e.g. Rams/Pats - new blood vs. old blood - changing of the guard type ****, etc.) then I'm all ears.  After yesterday, it's hard not to think that some no calls/calls were intentional to create a "better game" (e.g. Saints up by 3 points, Rams with a chance to drive down and tie or win the game - who doesn't love late game comebacks?).

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Now.......if one believes the officials are told to be loose or tight with the whistle to

Other part that makes me wonder is the defensive player feeling so comfortable making such a blatant foul in front of two zebras at that point in the game.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It was the wrong call but not obvious. I think that call came from the ref that was behind the play and what he saw was the defenders arm swipe down and Brady’s head move so not a terrible bad call

Archived