Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Whoa. You did not. I knew WHO it was. I just couldn't recall which one of them the one on the right was from. 

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand your ground. 😁

Now for the random: 

I had a retired USN Chief leave me a $20 tip on an $11 check today. It's always nice when your work ethic is appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I had a retired USN Chief leave me a $20 tip on an $11 check today. It's always nice when your work ethic is appreciated. 

Ha, don't even get the 2 of us into a tipping discussion. I'm quite heavy handed. @TheGreatBuzz is a systematic 15-20% guy. It's to the point even if he is paying....he slides the receipt and pen over to me to fill out....and I know his signature so works for me 🙎‍♀️

4 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I typically round up 20% to the next dollar, and then add in an extra buck, so on say, a $23 meal, I would tip $6.  Would a server think I am cheap, average, or generous?

Depends on the restaurant and what was needed from your server. Was it a quick lunch where they literally had to bring you a water and a burger and the bill and you were done? If so you lean heavily on the scale toward generous. 

I don't think any server would be upset with that tip at all. Guaranteed generous label would be if you just went ahead and made it $7 tip and a flat $30. 

I always ask the question - is that $1 worth more to you or them? You'd be surprised who remembers you next time you go in. 

I typically tip $5 min, even if I'm by myself and my meal is $11. 

When I met @TheGreatBuzz, he would of tipped $2 and figured he did good *face palm* I had to teach him how tipping works. 

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I typically round up 20% to the next dollar, and then add in an extra buck, so on say, a $23 meal, I would tip $6.  Would a server think I am cheap, average, or generous?

Awesome. 

But it all goes to level of service...emphasis on the service. I'm gonna cruise by every few minutes, know where you are in your meal, how full your drink is, clear everything from your table that I can comfortably get out of your way, and offer dessert...if you decline, I'll present your check right there. I don't mean to bang my own drum, but taking an order and dropping off a check isn't tip-worthy. Service matters. 

30 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Guaranteed generous label would be if you just went ahead and made it $7 tip and a flat $30. 

If I am paying cash, that is indeed what I would do rather than asking for change. Typically, though, I pay by card.

On the other hand, for takeout, I only tip a buck or two.

41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Awesome. 

But it all goes to level of service...emphasis on the service. I'm gonna cruise by every few minutes, know where you are in your meal, how full your drink is, clear everything from your table that I can comfortably get out of your way, and offer dessert...if you decline, I'll present your check right there. I don't mean to bang my own drum, but taking an order and dropping off a check isn't tip-worthy. Service matters. 

You've obviously studied at Mr. Pink's School for Waitressing!

:D

So for dinner tonight, I sliced a red pepper in half, pulled the stem/seeds, and roasted it for 20 minutes in the air fryer. Flipped them over, filled them with shredded chicken, ground pink pepper, and aged gouda, and put them back in the fryer for 6 minutes to melt the cheese into the chicken. Sort of my go to easy meal, but I love it.

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Tipping for takeout?  No.  That is like tipping the guy at the drive through for Burger King.  

No. Its. Not.

See what I mean y'all?!?!

Luckily we do not order take out from real restaurants. Its sacrilegious.....the chefs did not intend their creations to be served in styrofoam containers.

Takeout is for takeout restaurants.

Archived