Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

God dammit.  

I really liked this band, The Frightnrs.  Apple music suggested their album to me a few years ago and I thought it was really good.  White guy funk/reggae/ska from Brooklyn which is typically terrible but they make it work.   The lead singer had, IMO, a great voice and didn't try to sound like he was from Jamaica or anything.

Give it a listen:

Hadn't listened to it in awhile, put it on this morning.  They have some EPs that are ok, but their one album is the one that I listen to.

So I'm like, wtf, these guys haven't put out a full length since 2016, what's going on?  I never really bothered to look into who these guys were, tour dates, etc.  All I knew is I just liked their music.

Come to find out the lead singer died of ALS pretty soon after their first album came out:  https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2016/08/23/490958536/the-tragic-turn-of-the-frightnrs-first-and-last-record

https://www.readjunk.com/news/music/the-frightnrs-dan-klein-has-passed-away/

@Renegade7  Just curious, in your thread in the Stadium, where did anyone make it political or about religion?  I didn't read the entire 10 pages, just the original post and then the responses after my post.  Was that in reference to the ones that got into a race debate?  

The only religious reference I saw was me saying if that trade up did happen I'd **** like a street preacher, was merely a joke and I wouldn't think that would justify locking it up.  If it did, sorry about my attempt in humor.

21 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

@Renegade7  Just curious, in your thread in the Stadium, where did anyone make it political or about religion?  I didn't read the entire 10 pages, just the original post and then the responses after my post.  Was that in reference to the ones that got into a race debate?  

The only religious reference I saw was me saying if that trade up did happen I'd **** like a street preacher, was merely a joke and I wouldn't think that would justify locking it up.  If it did, sorry about my attempt in humor.

Someone made the mistake of going in on the black QB being labeled as a mobile QB without knowing anything about them stereotype.  They tried to backtrack and I tried to stop them both, but it was too late.  It doesn't matter how I feel about that one in the stadium, not place for it, similar to now I almost got temp banned in ATN for my calling out Kirk on him being "religious".

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Someone made the mistake of going in on the black QB being labeled as a mobile QB without knowing anything about them stereotype.  They tried to backtrack and I tried to stop them both, but it was too late.  It doesn't matter how I feel about that one in the stadium, not place for it, similar to now I almost got temp banned in ATN for my calling out Kirk on him being "religious".

gotcha, I thought that might be the basis of it getting temp closed and the new sticky post from Jumbo.  And agreed, no place for that in your thread or in the Stadium.  

So there was a The Great Courses catalog in the mail yesterday. I dog-eared the pages of the lectures on sale that I wanted to buy, and then wondered if it had been sent to me or my wife....checked the address label and it was supposed to go to my next door neighbor. Do I put the mildly damaged/tampered copy of what she might just consider junk mail in her mailbox with an apology note, or just let it go?

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

So there was a The Great Courses catalog in the mail yesterday. I dog-eared the pages of the lectures on sale that I wanted to buy, and then wondered if it had been sent to me or my wife....checked the address label and it was supposed to go to my next door neighbor. Do I put the mildly damaged/tampered copy of what she might just consider junk mail in her mailbox with an apology note, or just let it go?

What would a man do? 

Roll it up into a tube. Walk over. Hand it to her and say:

"I wasn't sure if you wanted me to give this to you personally or shove it in your box?"

1 minute ago, Chew said:

Draw a penis on the cover and put it in her mailbox

It's 2019, buddy. Slow your roll. We don't do the penis on the cover thing anymore to women. 

What if a neighbor drew a vag on the cover of your Good Housekeeping? How would that make you feel? 

1 minute ago, Elessar78 said:

It's 2019, buddy. Slow your roll. We don't do the penis on the cover thing anymore to women

What if a neighbor drew a vag on the cover of your Good Housekeeping? How would that make you feel? 

Yes we do. Got a whole gallery on my phone ready to go at a moments notice. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yes we do. Got a whole gallery on my phone ready to go at a moments notice. 

You got that 3x zoom oh deck, huh man.  All kinds of weird angles to give yourself them phantom inches. 

Archived