Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Trust EL. As an asian driver he has wrecked many cars while driving so he knows the process. 

That was cold, bro. 

Springfield and TrytheBeal are (I believe) at dealerships, so probably have to deal with that kinda stuff on the regular. I'd PM them. Best of luck. 

Was in a discussion today with some folks about the potential for snowstorms  (one person is from Atlanta). Was talking about chains and suv's and l. like bruh, just get some snow tires 👍

Sound investment given the unpredictable nature of weather here and u healthy mix of transplants and wait/see attitudes (understandable sometimes) of people like VDOT. Can be a net win in the long run

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

That was cold, bro. 

Don’t sweat it. He’s just pissed because Asians took over Peru.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Was in a discussion today with some folks about the potential for snowstorms  (one person is from Atlanta). Was talking about chains and suv's and l. like bruh, just get some snow tires 👍

Sound investment given the unpredictable nature of weather here and u healthy mix of transplants and wait/see attitudes (understandable sometimes) of people like VDOT. Can be a net win in the long run

We get a lot of snow and winter conditions here. Knock on wood but ten years and we’ve only had one set of snow tires. Drive slower. Drive smart. 

If you can can afford it, get the snow tires. If not, all seasons with good tread will do just fine. Chains are extreme. Even studded are extreme. Snow tires will not do anything on ice.

if you’re down south, you get probably one bad snow per year. Just burn a vacation day.

12 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

We get a lot of snow and winter conditions here. Knock on wood but ten years and we’ve only had one set of snow tires. Drive slower. Drive smart. 

If you can can afford it, get the snow tires. If not, all seasons with good tread will do just fine. Chains are extreme. Even studded are extreme. Snow tires will not do anything on ice.

if you’re down south, you get probably one bad snow per year. Just burn a vacation day.

I would humbly submit that some of us are not (and never have been) afforded vacation days. And you've seen weather kill a major city (mine) for a week.

There's a saying in my business that only some really stick to...it's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it. 

And you Asians think you're smart. 😉

33 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Bred like roaches we couldn’t stomp y’all quick enough. 

That was a little too genocidal. 

38 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I would humbly submit that some of us are not (and never have been) afforded vacation days. And you've seen weather kill a major city (mine) for a week.

There's a saying in my business that only some really stick to...it's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it. 

That’s crazy talk. Your caffeine is wearing off.

How is it this is the first time I've heard of this:

I'm thinking the possibilities for irresponsible use of this item are limitless.

Put it on after getting stoned?

Blindfolded with random stuff attached?  Identify it correctly or take a drink?

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Nah, that's just something Americans say, pretty much every other country thinks we work too much. Some go further and pass laws to address it and what you talking about.

Used to work restaurants for years, too, weeks in a row, not days, weeks in a row.  I was still broke, i couldn't make it make sense, then half my 20s was gone.

I still struggle with that balance, thinking taking a weekend a month to leave state makes up for either working or studying the rest if it.  Your vacation will come in handy if all the sudden you can't physically work...while they contemplate replacing you.

Being prior military youve already seen a lot of the world yet that i haven't. I just know this industry as well, a lot of people ive known that all the sudden that time was gone, where did it go, and some youngin was just waiting in the wings for their hours, cycle continues.

Not making assumptions or even telling you what to do, not my place.  I just hoping you are working to live, not living to work.  I hope you are taking breaks, even if they mental health days or staycations.  It took years for people to convince me to take a lunch break because i had forgotten what that was f'n with restaurants on the oceanfront.  You stopped when you didn't want to piss on yourself in front of people in the summer and that was about it.

tenor (10).gif

3 minutes ago, Chew said:

Yes.  And yes, I've given astanding beej while working.

What up

Fixed*

fyi standing desks don’t improve lower back pain etc or posture. There’s studying show there no differences between standing and sitting for improving back pain unless you have a bias that will help it won’t help. 

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was gonna make fun of how ridiculous they look but you just stole the show.

Savage.

Every desk in my office has capability of becoming standing. Nope.  My last job i was installing out of request left and right. Nope.

"When are you gonna get one?"

"You know how long it took for me to get a job where i get paid to sit down?"

26 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Fixed*

fyi standing desks don’t improve lower back pain etc or posture. There’s studying show there no differences between standing and sitting for improving back pain unless you have a bias that will help it won’t help. 

The first time i installed one for a coworker he came in with a doctors note.  But i agree with you, do your research, there's evidence for and against it.

Archived