Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Been working on my statement of purpose for grad school.  Haven't written anything in a long time.  This **** is hard.  

Maryland has a really good Couple and Family Therapy program, I think I'm going to apply there.

"I wouldn't be happy with just being a good person in society. I would like to have the chance to better society, to help make changes that benefit everyone. "

BOOM. 💖

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Been working on my statement of purpose for grad school.  Haven't written anything in a long time.  This **** is hard.  

Write how you talk then pare it down.  If you can look at what you need to write like bullets, you can treat each bullet like a post or the whole thing like a post.  You can always come back and clean it up once you have it on paper, but you have over 4,400 posts, and that's just the ones that count here. You know how to write, worked for me as long as I can remember, even in grad school.

Maryland has a really good Couple and Family Therapy program, I think I'm going to apply there.

Good luck with both of those : )

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Yeah, school sucks, bro.  Necessary evil, doe. 

To each their own : )

One thing I love about working at a small business is that if you're sick, they actually encourage you NOT to come into work as they don't want you to get other people sick. It isn't like the big companies where its such a rat race that people with freaking pneumonia are coming into work.

Good luck writing your statement of purpose. Suggestion:  Listing what's important to you and then listing why that program supports you is a start. Then the writing around the lists is easier. 

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

One thing I love about working at a small business is that if you're sick, they actually encourage you NOT to come into work as they don't want you to get other people sick. It isn't like the big companies where its such a rat race that people with freaking pneumonia are coming into work.

Restaurant biz has finally come around. You know someone's sick, get em covered. Don't wait for it to start spreading. 

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My wife works for a big hospital and just learned this year that she has to be fever free for 24 hours before they can return to work. She got some virus before Xmas. Her boss called around 6 PM on Friday and my wife had just gotten another fever. Wife said she thought she'd be better by morning but her boss told her of the 24 hour policy—so she was "Forced" to take another sick day.

Company near me had to shut down a whole division because 90% of their workers got the flu.

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Are you allowed to work remote?  This day in age, I do believe that most positions that if sit your entire day behind a computer, being able to work remote shouldnt be out the question.  Not abused, but available because your right it doesn't makes sense for people to have to do that.  It's 2018, businesses should get a VPN.

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I thought all restaurants you had to go home if you were sick cause of safety concerns to food. 

No way. Wife's cousin is a manager at a Wendy's he was deathbed sick with the flu 2 years ago and they made him come in. And he's a manager. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

.....Which is why I always say do so at your own risk when eating out during flu season, especially open air places like delis. People don't even wear gloves a lot of the time.

Risk almost unavoidable unless you cook all your own food...still not zero even at the grocery store. Flu season just sucks in general, and big reason is exactly likes been noted some people feel they have to go to work

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Risk almost unavoidable unless you cook all your own food...still not zero even at the grocery store. Flu season just sucks in general, and big reason is exactly likes been noted some people feel they have to go to work

Unavoidable, sure. But there is stark contrast in how good is handled in those places, vs grocers, vs your own home

Archived