Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate flaky people who don't commit to things. Like, I don't care if you say no, I'm a big boy, but freaking commit one way or another.

Agreed. And once I commit... I don't back out. This is the reason I will RARELY purchase tickets to events or trips for anyone. If I get them for free, I don't care, I'll just give them to someone else. 

16 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

This is the reason I will RARELY purchase tickets to events or trips for anyone.  

I see you've been burned as well.  As much as I like going to stuff with people I know, there are typically enough people there that going by myself is fine.

I needed a haircut and had to exchange some new shoes. So, I decided to make a nice morning of it. Go to breakfast, get a haircut and then exchange the shoes. 

Went to breakfast at a place in Rock Hill called The Yolk. Never been there before. Small place. They serve TN home fries with the meal. Asked what the TN was and she said the owner is from Memphis; my old stomping grounds for 8 years.

Food was great (and the TN fries), not too crowded, nice atmosphere. My server was friendly and great. But I have one complaint. And not just them, but it happens at other places too.

@skinsmarydu; you might be able to spread some insight on this. But I do not like when my server brings the check before I’m done eating. What if I want something else? It makes me feel rushed. And there was plenty of seats at 7 AM. 

Please, do not give me my check until you know I’m done or ask me if I’m ready for the check. 

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

I needed a haircut and had to exchange some new shoes. So, I decided to make a nice morning of it. Go to breakfast, get a haircut and then exchange the shoes. 

Went to breakfast at a place in Rock Hill called The Yolk. Never been there before. Small place. They serve TN home fries with the meal. Asked what the TN was and she said the owner is from Memphis; my old stomping grounds for 8 years.

Food was great (and the TN fries), not too crowded, nice atmosphere. My server was friendly and great. But I have one complaint. And not just them, but it happens at other places too.

@skinsmarydu; you might be able to spread some insight on this. But I do not like when my server brings the check before I’m done eating. What if I want something else? It makes me feel rushed. And there was plenty of seats at 7 AM. 

Please, do not give me my check until you know I’m done or ask me if I’m ready for the check. 

That annoys me too.  I understand when places are busy, but not when its slow or half packed.  We were at East Coast Wings the other night and sat at the bar, the bartender brought out our check even though we were still eating, but said, "Here is your check, and I'm not trying to rush you out and if you want anymore drinks or food let me know and I'll I'll take care of y'all."  

Which was cool and didn't make me feel rushed.  I like how Hooters does it at the bar, they take your order and put your check in an empty drink glass in front of where you're sitting and as you order more drinks or food, they just add to it and replace each time.  Then when you are ready to cash out, you put your credit card in the glass and they cash you out.

As a bartender, I do it like Hooters...your check is always current and in front of you.

As a lunch server, I've developed a spidey sense. ? But I'll often drop a check and say (almost verbatim) "I can take this whenever you're ready, but if you'd like dessert just let me know, the Tiramisu and bread pudding are AMAZING!"

When did craigslist start charging for posting ads ?
Trying to post to hire someone for a one-time task.
I may come across as cheap, but I really don’t like the idea of paying, if it means being completely bombarded by replies from scammers (who don’t get charged a thing for replying to me with their scam).
Any other service that’s free I could use for this ?

15 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

It is a cardinal sin, but there are exceptions (I'm not a fan of it getting to that point in the first place).

I used to work in a hole in the wall restaurant on the oceanfront for 5 years.  Couldn't fit a lot of people, but would have a line stretching out the door at 7am when it opens in the summer big enough to fill every seat.  Even if you was from out of town, people understood what time it was.  We depended on getting as many people in and out that place as we could in the summer because its what kept us alive in the context of it being completely dead in the winter outside some holidays.  We tried our best not to rush people, but we couldn't let people just stay in there as long as they wanted to.  

If we felt like we were getting abused, we'd start dropping hints at first.  We had to. 

Barcelona airport check in, security and passport control is about as disorganized as anything I’ve seen.  People going in every direction, questions being asked in at least 15 languages, no sinage of note in any language. 

Like a Chinese fire drill blindfolded...

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It is a cardinal sin, but there are exceptions (I'm not a fan of it getting to that point in the first place).

I used to work in a hole in the wall restaurant on the oceanfront for 5 years.  Couldn't fit a lot of people, but would have a line stretching out the door at 7am when it opens in the summer big enough to fill every seat.  Even if you was from out of town, people understood what time it was.  We depended on getting as many people in and out that place as we could in the summer because its what kept us alive in the context of it being completely dead in the winter outside some holidays.  We tried our best not to rush people, but we couldn't let people just stay in there as long as they wanted to.  

If we felt like we were getting abused, we'd start dropping hints at first.  We had to. 

Sure, I understand that. But I did mention the place was practically empty.  Started to slightly pick up as I was finishing my coffee, but there was still plenty of seats.

17 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

As a bartender, I do it like Hooters...your check is always current and in front of you.

Has anyone ever come up with one of these restaurants that actually has edible food. Hooters food is awful. Same with the couple of knockoffs that were chains in NJ - Bazookas (now defunct) and Tilted Kilt.

Is it genuinely that difficult to combine reasonably palatable food with attractive womenin skimpy outifits?

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

Sure, I understand that. But I did mention the place was practically empty.  Started to slightly pick up as I was finishing my coffee, but there was still plenty of seats.

I feel you, I don't like that.  I was speaking to that cardinal sin in general.

I never want to wait for the bill. Only time I even expect to is fine dining. Not to mention all breakfast places drop the check early. Doesn't bother me all. Especially with breakfast places, they have low price per guest check averages. In a way it is supposed to be a convenient thing for you and the server. 

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I never want to wait for the bill. Only time I even expect to is fine dining. Not to mention all breakfast places drop the check early. Doesn't bother me all. Especially with breakfast places, they have low price per guest check averages. In a way it is supposed to be a convenient thing for you and the server. 

Like I said, I have a spidey sense. I know when I'm going to be in the middle of delivering food to 3 straight tables, refills, someone wants to chat (that's why I have a regular clientele, people like me ?), etc. And it's lunch. 

Everyone can see what's going on and they attribute it to my efficiency. ?

Archived