Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

I used to write COBOL on a DEC Alpha mainframe back when I started in the nineties.

omg, COBOL?  Anybody that tells me that or that they have a Novel cert I don't both to ask how much experience they have, I just know they've been doing it longer then me : )

As far as speeding, I don't do over 10 mph over anymore, if that.  I went through a period where I got busted doing 80 in a 60, then one year later, 80 in a 60 w/wreckless driving, 52 in a 35 (one week after the one w/wreckless driving), then 60 in a 35.  All required me having to get a lawyer, which got costly.  Luckily I didn't get a restricted license or have to take the driving class again.  All of those happened within 3 years (from June 2009 - Jan 2012).  

Prior to those, I had another cluster of tickets from 2000-2002.  Always represented myself and ended up having to spend a Saturday taking the driving class from 9-5.  

When I was stupid, going on trips, it was nothing for me to hit 90-100mph on interstates.  I remember averaging at least 95 mph on I-85 from Atlanta back to Charlotte.  And 95 mph on all interstate driving from Charlotte to the Outer Banks, our friends that went with us, driving just as fast.  Man I was such an idiot.

Disclaimer:  I never drove that fast with our daughter in the car, kept it around 7-8 mph over if that, usually if passing other cars.

17 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'd be down for that, Civil War version too.  My favorite BF game was Battlefield Bad Company 2, with the Vietnam expansion.  

I don't think a Civil War game should be touched with a 10 ft pole, but definitely Revolution. Assassins Creed 3 came very close to what I always envisioned a game like that being, but, similar to Black Flag and now Origins, it is set in the world and falls under the laws of AC.

I think it would be amazing, and I would get it in a heartbeat. I haven't played any of the Ryse games, but I have been waiting for a real, and not magicked up historical game to play, for a long time.

19 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't know if it will work for what you have, but I know to remove bugs from your car that soap and sponge won't remove, you use a new dryer sheet.  Works great.  I'd give it a shot.

People are fired up about Boy Scouts allowing girls. What say ye?

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't think a Civil War game should be touched with a 10 ft pole, but definitely Revolution. Assassins Creed 3 came very close to what I always envisioned a game like that being, but, similar to Black Flag and now Origins, it is set in the world and falls under the laws of AC.

I think it would be amazing, and I would get it in a heartbeat. I haven't played any of the Ryse games, but I have been waiting for a real, and not magicked up historical game to play, for a long time.

You're probably right, was thinking more of the combat back then, both sides facing off, then just open fire and cannon balls wizzing by your head and shredding peoples limbs, then charging with bayonets, etc.  Stepping back, horrible idea.  But I'd be down for a realistic Revolutionary War FPS, no doubt.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't think a Civil War game should be touched with a 10 ft pole

Couldn't agree more.  Want to talk about a sensitive topic, you really want to play as the confederates? Some might, so let's not and say we didn't.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

As far as speeding, I don't do over 10 mph over anymore, if that.  I went through a period where I got busted doing 80 in a 60, then one year later, 80 in a 60 w/wreckless driving, 52 in a 35 (one week after the one w/wreckless driving), then 60 in a 35.  All required me having to get a lawyer, which got costly.  Luckily I didn't get a restricted license or have to take the driving class again.  All of those happened within 3 years (from June 2009 - Jan 2012).  

Prior to those, I had another cluster of tickets from 2000-2002.  Always represented myself and ended up having to spend a Saturday taking the driving class from 9-5.  

When I was stupid, going on trips, it was nothing for me to hit 90-100mph on interstates.  I remember averaging at least 95 mph on I-85 from Atlanta back to Charlotte.  And 95 mph on all interstate driving from Charlotte to the Outer Banks, our friends that went with us, driving just as fast.  Man I was such an idiot.

Disclaimer:  I never drove that fast with our daughter in the car, kept it around 7-8 mph over if that, usually if passing other cars.

I had a bad stretch of tickets, too.  At one point, my car insurance payments were more expensive than my monthly car payment :bye:

I did a lot of dumb **** when I was a teenager and in my early 20s, in places that I still drive at now and can't imagine now doing what I used to do.  I'm fortunate that I didn't kill myself or someone else.  

It's just not worth it, from a danger perspective and a cost perspective.  Occasionally I find my foot getting a little heavy and back off.  My problem is that I'm always a little too fast for the right lane but always a little too slow for the left lane.  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'd be down for that, Civil War version too.  My favorite BF game was Battlefield Bad Company 2, with the Vietnam expansion.  

My man.  :cheers:

BF:BC2 is definitely the favorite of the series within the Battlefield community.  That was my first BF game, I friggin' loved it. 

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Couldn't agree more.  Want to talk about a sensitive topic, you really want to play as the confederates? Some might, so let's not and say we didn't.

I spoke before I thought about it.  When he mentioned the revolutionary war it got me thinking about other wars and how they were fought back then.  Strictly from the combat perspective only.

And yes, horrible idea.  The racist comments I hear people spew on multiplayer games in general is already bad, this would be a gazillion times worse.

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sign me up to kill some gray coats

hqdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

5 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Hooked up with a few cars where we form a NASCAR line going about 78. Stay with the flow of traffic.

Last time I was coming back from VA this happened...I looked down and was doing 110...but if I would've let my foot off the gas, dude behind me would've killed me. (I was behind this Tony Stewart MC, in a rental, so I waited till I could duck to my right and get outta the line.) Whew.

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I spoke before I thought about it.  When he mentioned the revolutionary war it got me thinking about other wars and how they were fought back then.  Strictly from the combat perspective only.

And yes, horrible idea.  The racist comments I hear people spew on multiplayer games in general is already bad, this would be a gazillion times worse.

I know, don't sweat it, I knew what you meant.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I looked down and was doing 110...

Damn, girl!  Mary Earnhardt out here.  :P

I haven't done 110 in like 15 years, and that was at a drag stip LOL

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

People are fired up about Boy Scouts allowing girls. What say ye?

First Ive heard about it.  Are they being forced to allow girls or doing it voluntarily?  Is it happening at a national level or just some troops?

Either way Im not a fan of adding girls.  Im not saying boys and girls shouldnt ever do anything together at that age but that there is value in doing things separate.  And Ive heard "but some girls want camp, etc".  Cool, then lobby your girl scout troop to go camping.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

omg, COBOL?  Anybody that tells me that or that they have a Novel cert I don't both to ask how much experience they have, I just know they've been doing it longer then me : )

my office just recently finally managed to retire our Wang mainframe computer that had maintained the backbone of our oldest account records on a proprietary accounts system (programmed in Cobol).  I am sure it was state of the art, in 1988.    It took up a whole room here, and looked like an old star trek set.   We had to keep a 75 year old programmer/accountant/contractor in Boston on retainer, to Jet in whenever the system got the hickups (at least weekly).   I think the guy made millions on being the only fossil around that could still flex his cobol muscle  (so to speak)   

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

https://wtop.com/alexandria/2018/05/wonder-woman-2-to-film-at-alexandrias-dead-landmark-mall/

Wonder Woman 2 will be filmed at Landmark Mall in June/July. Wonder if they will blow it up?  I worked at the Sears store in the catalog, linen, and lamp departments in HS and my first time in NVCC 1969-1972.

I will go just to see Gal Gadot. *drool*

Archived