Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Very little.  Mostly tied to Gibson leveraging their profitable guitar business to acquire companies that make DJ equip/recording software/effect pedals/etc in a quest to become a sort of American Yamaha.  It was a poor strategy that left them with a ton of debt...and the bill has come due.

That's unfortunate.  I don't play, but you can't tell the story of rock music without names like Gibson and Fender.  Hope they can get it together.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've thought about getting a rifle, but 2 guns is enough. I'd like to hunt with a bow.

My bro in law goes yuppy hunting in NJ occasionally. Been trying to get me to go out there with him and his buddies.

Prior to buying these two, all my other ones were given to me from family members, never shot them at all though.  Only one I bought prior was a 12 gauge back in 1999 (never shot it because no real fun with that at a range).  I have to say, I had a blast (pun intended), range was packed too.  I don't know what rifle the guy beside us was shooting but it was loud as hell and gave off tons of heat.

As long as you aren't heading to the range or hunting like this guy

Image result for carrying lots of guns

A couple more wouldn't hurt :D 

45 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's unfortunate.  I don't play, but you can't tell the story of rock music without names like Gibson and Fender.  Hope they can get it together.

35 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

The guy who bought Gibson back in the nineties is reputedly a total a-hole. Financial mismanagement, and it's a horrible place to work.

Fender is doing quite well!

Henry Jusciewicz is the CEO of Gibson.  He is a well-known asshole and he has absolutely destroyed the company.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Gonna be 90 degrees on Thursday :o

As usual, this is all your fault. But I'm down. Not as egregious as °75 in the dead of winter type **** that makes you dread what earth will look and feel like when you are 80.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

In my retirement, I have thought of skeet shooting for fun. Maybe we should have that new thread because I have questions and don't want to derail this one. Seems to be enough interest. I like to fish too.

Derailment is perfectly acceptable. TNT the damn thing, if necessary

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Okay then! 

If I want to skeet shoot for fun, what kind of shotgun should I get? I'm 5'3" tall so keep that in mind please.

Probably a 20 gauge with an open choke so you can get a better spread on the pattern.  For me, you're not getting rocked in the shoulder but you're throwing enough lead up there to do some damage.  Shooting a .410 is like shooting a .22 rifle, there's absolutely no recoil at all but...you might as well be shooting a .22 rifle at the target cause there's not a lot of pellets and not as much spread.  

12 gauge might be too much recoil if that's what you're worried about.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thanks, Spaceman, recoil is exactly what I am concerned with. I don't want to get knocked off my feet!

Seems counterintuitive, but you gotta hold it in there firm.  Your body will absorb it and while you'll definitely notice the recoil, it's when you don't have the stock of the gun firm against you when you can take a bit of a beating.  If I have my fist already pressed up against you and try to punch, I really won't be able to do much damage.  But if there's a little space between in there or a couple inches, it'll hurt more.  Same applies with shooting a shotgun.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seems counterintuitive, but you gotta hold it in there firm.  Your body will absorb it and while you'll definitely notice the recoil, it's when you don't have the stock of the gun firm against you when you can take a bit of a beating.  If I have my fist already pressed up against you and try to punch, I really won't be able to do much damage.  But if there's a little space between in there or a couple inches, it'll hurt more.  Same applies with shooting a shotgun.

Good advice.  The way you hold the weapon is key when dealing with recoil.  Shotguns surprisingly don't seem to have a lot of recoil (for me anyway), very easy to manage.

But my AK-47 leaves a bruise on my shoulder every single time I take it to the range.  Friggin' 7.62, man. 

Just now, Chew said:

Good advice.  The way you hold the weapon is key when dealing with recoil.  Shotguns surprisingly don't seem to have a lot of recoil (for me anyway), very easy to manage.

But my AK-47 leaves a bruise on my shoulder every single time I take it to the range.  Friggin' 7.62, man. 

Welcome back bro!  

3 minutes ago, Chew said:

Yeah, that AK packs a nasty punch no matter how you seem to hold it.  

And indeed, welcome back.

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Welcome back bro!  

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And indeed, welcome back.

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Welcome back!

Thanks, homies.  :cheers:  Shut everything down for a few months to read baby books and prepare for dadhood.  20 week ultrasound on Friday. 

Pregnant wife is kinda scary.  Exchange we had the other day:

Wife:  "this is still cold, how long did you put it in (the microwave)?
Me:  "1 minute."
Wife:  "That's not long enough."
Me:  "You said put it in for 1 minute."
Wife:  "Okay, so you can't be wrong now?"
Me:  (internally saying wtf) "My bad babe, I'll put it back in."
Wife:  "I don't even want this **** anymore, take me to Sonic."

Me: 
what-is-happening-test.gif

Just now, Chew said:

Thanks, homies.  :cheers:  Shut everything down for a few months to read baby books and prepare for dadhood.  20 week ultrasound on Friday. 

Pregnant wife is kinda scary.  Exchange we had the other day:

Wife:  "this is still cold, how long did you put it in (the microwave)?
Me:  "1 minute."
Wife:  "That's not long enough."
Me:  "You said put it in for 1 minute."
Wife:  "Okay, so you can't be wrong now?"
Me:  (internally saying wtf) "My bad babe, I'll put it back in."
Wife:  "I don't even want this **** anymore, take me to Sonic."

Me: 

LOL, sounds familiar from back in the day......then 10 years go by.....and your kid has started **** talking you :P

What names have you picked out?  If you don't mind sharing, if you do, PM me or shoot me a message on the PS4.  How is the wife doing by the way?  

32 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

LOL, sounds familiar from back in the day......then 10 years go by.....and your kid has started **** talking you :P

What names have you picked out?  If you don't mind sharing, if you do, PM me or shoot me a message on the PS4.  How is the wife doing by the way?  

Yeah dude, everyone tells me how fast it goes by. :(.  We settled on Ethan.  I wanted to call him Foamposite, but wife wasn't going for it.  :kickcan:

Wife is doing great, thanks for asking.  Everything's on schedule.  Due date is 9/12.  Little dude better not come a few days early, cuz opening day for the Skins is 9/9.  I love my kid and all, but I'm not missing a Skins game for his bum ass.  #sliceandguice

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Damn. You ready. We booked the breathing classes and first time parent class so late. You go around the room at the start and people are like "6 months" etc. My wife's due date was in 2 weeks. 

Names:

fawn, buff, sand, sandy, oatmeal, khaki, biscuit, coffee, café au lait, camel, ecru

Since airlines load planes by zone, why tf can't they deplane by a system where all of us without luggage in the overhead bins are allowed to exit first. Let all the people who can just stand up and walk out go first, instead of making us stop and wait every two feet for another jackass to pull down suitcases from two different bins..

Archived