Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

5 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Huey is a good name

Maybe Aubrey 

Carlton

I always thought if I ever had a kid and it was a boy, I'd name him Pernell, after Pernell Whitaker. Perfect boxer to emulate on how Id want any child of mine to go through life.

31 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I didn't like my name, so many girls named Susy or some form around my age group. My daughter hates her name. 

Chances are you'll be lucky if your kid likes their name.

I dunno, My parents hit a home run with Dont Taze Me Bro.  

I bought a 2013 new old stock Gibson SG Future for around $500 a couple months ago. Great deal and awesome guitar. Owned a couple Les Paul's. Yes they are overpriced. But seriously a made in Japan Ibanez goes for 1200-1500 now. The guitar business is weird. 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I didn't like my name, so many girls named Susy or some form around my age group. My daughter hates her name. 

Chances are you'll be lucky if your kid likes their name.

I hated my name when I was a kid because every time someone would call my name (Marco) everyone would respond "Polo!"

Gumps. I was named after my great grandfather though, so I am proud to represent on that note. Honestly, more people that know me personally call me Reese (abbreviation of my middle name, Reese's... Yes, that Reese's).

Could always be worse. My last name has always been the big kicker. constantly butchered. People don't understand that in Italian, "Gio," part of my last name, is not pronounced "Jee-yo", actually closer to Joe. 

Thankfully my name isn't plain. Can't tell you how many Madison's, Morgan's, Aidan's, Jayden's, etc are gonna be rolling off that assembly line into adulthood soon.

I let people call me Nate until one day my mom heard it and was sad, like "That's not what I named you".  Nathan sounds stronger, I wanted people to take me seriously even when I was the youngest in the room.  

If I have a daughter, I want to name her Osha, but I know I'll need approval first.  I don't want to my son to be a Jr, I don't want them to think for seconds they need to be as good as me, I'm going to make clear to all my kids that I want them to be better then me, not make my mistakes, not put themselves behind 8 ball like I did.  If they don't want none of that, fine, no pressure, just don't be part of the problem.

I had an interesting conversation with my uncle who felt like his ex was undermining him so much while raising his kids that even though he told them they could go to school for anything they wanted and he'd pay for it, neither of his sons took him up on his offer.  I'm still thinking about how to address the reality that if I do everything I can to keep my kids from going through what I went through, they won't have the same appreciation as I have.  My focus, as I've mentioned, will be independence and hope for the best among other things, along with Buffet's approach for enough to follow their dreams but not enough to do nothing.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

It's not nice to refer to your spawn as accidents.

My mother once told me I was her favorite mistake, a true love child.

My favorite color is grey now instead of burgundy (used to say it would be black if black was a color, but one day I finally looked up what grey light and an achromatic color actually was - you'll swear you already knew that because of what you thought grey was to begin with everyday life)

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

My mother once told me I was her favorite mistake, a true love child.

My favorite color is grey now instead of burgundy (used to say it would be black if black was a color, but one day I finally looked up what grey light and an achromatic color actually was - you'll swear you already knew that because of what you thought grey was to begin with everyday life)

A true chemistry experiment of what happens when you mix Wild Turkey, beer, human DNA, and smelly candles.

12 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Chew or Taze do yall play fornite on mobile??

Nope, but my wife jus told me it's free???

Black Ops 4, new Battlefield, Red Dead Redemption 2.  It's going down this fall.  I expect to see your bamma ass online, Doc. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Chew or Taze do yall play fornite on mobile??

2 minutes ago, Chew said:

Black Ops 4, new Battlefield, Red Dead Redemption 2.  It's going down this fall.  I expect to see your bamma ass online, Doc. 

@Dr. Do Itch Big I have it on PS4, just downloaded it last night on my iPhone.  Haven't tried to play a game yet, but I'm gonna say that I think it would feel awkward playing that on a phone with 99 other players.  I like the game in general though.  Will give it a shot later today/tonight on the phone.

@Chew yep, it's free to play.  Should be free to play on PS4 too, pretty cool game to get a quick break from the standard FPS out there.  What is this new Battlefield you speak of?  Did I miss a new release or is it a Battlefield 1 expansion?  

22 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

@Chew yep, it's free to play.  Should be free to play on PS4 too, pretty cool game to get a quick break from the standard FPS out there.  What is this new Battlefield you speak of?  Did I miss a new release or is it a Battlefield 1 expansion?  

Sweet, I'll download it today and give it a whirl. 

Yeah man, Battlefield 5, baby!  4th qtr 2018.  We'll learn more at E3 next month, but most rumors are suggesting a WWII theme.  Not thrilled about that, but I'll take it.  Battlefield 1 was fun, but after being spoiled by all the modern tech of BF3 and BF4, WWI theme was pretty slow and boring. 

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Nathan, from the Hebrew "gift" or "to give"

Sounds about right.  Even if I had everything I'd give most of it away anyway, I typically only carry cash for in case of running into charities/fundraisers/etc that don't except card.  Gift and a curse, my line is stronger then it's ever been in that regard now, my captain save a hoe days are long since dead.

1 hour ago, Chew said:

With my first kid, I learned to game with her in my lap and her in a baby carrier.

Archived