Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ve never eaten SPAM and I likely never will.

I used to kill it when I was little. If I'm snowed in or just don't feel like trekking to the grocery store and it's somewhere in the pantry and there's nothing else, I'd fry it up and put the works on there, but I generally refrain from tubey, sheet processed pork these days.

Thought about starting a hunting/fishing/shooting thread to discuss, well those topics.  I don't hunt and haven't fished in a while, but don't think just a thread about target shooting would be worth it.  Maybe a Great Outdoors thread that includes all that stuff?  

Anyhow, went to the gun range and shot for the first time in 20 years this past Saturday.  Just shot my two new rifles and man, the back of my shoulder was sore Sunday and yesterday.  I did poorly, even just at 5 yards out.  Had some good groupings, started out high and to the left of the head on the target.  Finally adjusted to hitting the head and body in groups.  That was with sixty .223 rounds.  

My wife should change her name to Wynonna Earp.  She couldn't shoot the .223, rifle was too heavy for her to be consistent, so she shot all of the .22LR rounds (50 rounds) and tore the target up.  Yes it was only 5 yards out, but she was killing the bulls eye, probably a half dollar sized hole in it when she was done.  Gotta love being married to a country girl who learned to shoot at age 8.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is this in any way tied to rock not being as popular these days?

Very little.  Mostly tied to Gibson leveraging their profitable guitar business to acquire companies that make DJ equip/recording software/effect pedals/etc in a quest to become a sort of American Yamaha.  It was a poor strategy that left them with a ton of debt...and the bill has come due.

Archived