Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I played pokemon as a kid as much as anyone, but I just can't get into Pokemon Go at all. I'm a 30 year old grown ass man now, ain't nobody got time fo dat. I got friends on my Facebook talking about it non stop, one of them even drove all the way up to West Virginia to catch a Pikachu or some crap.

Never understood it. Even as a youngin when the Pokemon craze first started, I used to laugh at all the gump ass kids that would be over in the corner trading those stupid cards instead of growing some balls and playing sports with the rest of us.

Meh, I did both. l liked the art and didn't let it take over.

I played pokemon as a kid as much as anyone, but I just can't get into Pokemon Go at all. I'm a 30 year old grown ass man now, ain't nobody got time fo dat. I got friends on my Facebook talking about it non stop, one of them even drove all the way up to West Virginia to catch a Pikachu or some crap.

Can't do it either.

Besides, my understanding is its too damn easy, no real battles and you don't even have to try with the whole just throwing balls at wild Pokemon like they're cool with being caught full strength. It's dumb, and people are getting robbed too or getting hurt not paying attention.

Can already sense that separation between people all up in technology versus those holding back and drawing clear lines. I'm in the second group. I've lost count the number of times I just want to throw my smartphone in the ocean somewhere.

San Francisco is jammed full of people playing Pokemon Go.    There are at least 10 gyms I can see from where I am now.   Zubats, zubats everywhere.  It's got a lot of people out and walking around.  

I expect it will flare out just as fast as the Harlem Shake did, but right now it's pretty fun.

Archie update:

As I posted about a month ago now, one of our two dogs (Archie) needs to be re-homed. He simply doesn't fit in with our family any longer, we can't offer him the home he deserves. He is a New Guinea Singing Dog and we got him when he was 4 weeks old, he's now 10 years. Many people offered to help, including our very own Koolblue (major shout out, you're the man) and it seemed as if hope was lost. Every shelter we contacted was either a "kill" shelter or outright refused him because of his age. Many days I was nearly in tears (sometimes actually in tears) thinking about euthanasia. I felt like a failure who was giving up on a dog who was perfectly happy. The guilt was tearing me up. Several weeks ago, we set a deadline of 7/15 to rid ourselves of Archie, one way or another.

Over the weekend, we received contact from two interested parties. One a former NGSD owner who was interested in getting another. The second was from a family who had been looking for a NGSD for a year. The second had a large property, that is well fenced in Utah. They own two foxes and other animals on this large property. The second family sounded like exactly what we are hoping for and we will be sending Archie to this family. They've been in contact with my wife and sound excited for this opportunity. Yesterday, I cried tears of joy that Archie will be going to a home that seems to be everything we hoped for.

That is all.

Went to Great Falls to walk along the canal with my family. Seemed like a lot of people were playing Pokemon Go.

(including my brother, which made the walk take a lot longer....)

I'm guessing that 90% of these people playing Pokemon would have laughed at geocaching groups a week ago.

****ing ****.  Next time we go to the beach is August this year.  We go to Ocean Isle, NC....Myrtle Beach, SC is about 30 mins away.  Back in 2001 or 2002, me and the wife went to Myrtle Beach, did the Medieval Times thing, with the dinner and two hour show. 

It popped in my head to possibly do that on our August trip since Tazette has never done that before.  Looked at ticket prices and that **** is outrageously priced, imo.  ****ing $60 per adult entry and I can attest, the food wasn't that great lol.

I'd be fine with it if it were just me, wife and Tazette, but I have to consider my retired parents.  I guess the Renaissance Festival in Concord (10 mins away) offers pretty much the same experience at a lower price lol

Archived