Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm gonna get the day off following the Redskins/Falcons preseason game.  I double-dog-dare anyone to question it.

~(I won't have a voice, which is kinda required to do my job ;) )~

Don't tell this gal that it's preseason! Be loud and drown out those 2nd and 3rd string audibles at the line, girl!

JK. You do you. 

I don't get to see my team often, so I make the most of it, ;)  :lol:

I've never gotten to see a win, so there's that...bucket list stuff, you know?  I guess the ultimate #1 is seeing an overtime victory over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving at home.   

That would make me MOST thankful :D

Anyway, back to random nonsense...(we may need to kick up some dirt in the RTT stadium...I'm getting football-anxious...sports talk radio here is all about the Falcons :angry: ).

Hail, y'all!

I'll never understand traveling north (from the DC area) to go to a beach.

I want to go where the water is warm and where the beaches aren't shoulder to shoulder people (read: idiots).  Any beach in MD, Delaware, or even VA doesn't fit that description.  The OBX is the northern most place I'd hit up a beach anymore for vacation.

I want to go where the water is warm and where the beaches aren't shoulder to shoulder people (read: idiots). Any beach in MD, Delaware, or even VA doesn't fit that description. The OBX is the northern most place I'd hit up a beach anymore for vacation.

I grew up going to the jersey shore.

I want to go where the water is warm and where the beaches aren't shoulder to shoulder people (read: idiots).  Any beach in MD, Delaware, or even VA doesn't fit that description.  The OBX is the northern most place I'd hit up a beach anymore for vacation.

OBX is nice, but a 7 hour drive for me, which is why we started going to Ocean Isle about 5 years ago.  It's a small island so it's not over crowded at all, about 3 1/2 hour drive for us.  

They have dunes and there is plenty of beach, not like some places (Myrtle) where you walk out and it's almost no beach, all shells and water.  It's not commercialized, local seafood restaurants everywhere around it and neighboring towns/beaches.

I can't stand Myrtle Beach, SC anymore.  I went there as a child every year and it was fun, don't get me wrong.  But I haven't been there and stayed since 2002.  There is nothing wrong with it, it's just not as appealing once you get out there and find other places that are so much nicer.  

I went to Tybee Island once and while it was nice, I was miserable.  It's a commuter beach and weekends, so over crowded it's insane.  We stayed in one of the condos on the beach, I remember the wife, daughter and our friends and their son heading down to the beach around 9am.  I had slept in, so I told them I would meet them there.  They have a nice beach, but when I got there at 10am, it was like rows and rows of people, basically on top of each other.  

People coming up and bothering us asking if we were leaving anytime soon so they could snag our spot.  **** like that.  Same thing with trying to find places to eat, horrible.  Very limited and wait times at the mom and pop joints were even 2+ hours sometimes.  Not enough parking either.  I'll never go back unless I plan to stay like Mon-Thurs type trip.  Lots of T&A to look at while relaxing and drinking some beers, which was one of the only positives of the trip.

I'm partial to the beaches in Hawaii these days, but the beach I grew up at (Virginia Beach) was always much cleaner than any other beach I've been too in a long time. Maybe I didn't notice it growing up - but I never had to worry about things washing up there (other than French Canadians in late August).

Plus it was only 7 miles from the house :)

I hate the beach. Any beach. Ya'll can have that sandy, itchy, salty, sweaty, hot, overcrowded, nasty patch of land any time. Never liked going to the beach, even as a kid. I prefer the mountains.

297.png

Jokes, of course!

I'd live near a beach or on a beach if I could.  It's definitely my happy place.

They say it's one day a year but I'm pretty sure this ESPN Jimmy V fundraiser happens every 4 months at least, if not more.

Along with the "You're gonna die soon" speech.

Harsh, but although I admire Craig Sager for what he's done, fighting this, part of me feels like some ESPN shill is gonna be whispering in his earpiece "Hey, knock this one out for us like the other guys that died before you. It'll be great tv"

OBX is nice, but a 7 hour drive for me, which is why we started going to Ocean Isle about 5 years ago. It's a small island so it's not over crowded at all, about 3 1/2 hour drive for us.

They have dunes and there is plenty of beach, not like some places (Myrtle) where you walk out and it's almost no beach, all shells and water. It's not commercialized, local seafood restaurants everywhere around it and neighboring towns/beaches...

I usually go ro Topsail (NC). Semi secluded island beach resort town. Been there many times, and as recently as last summer when my friends and I all got together and rented a cottage.

That's not far from Wilmington, I've been wanting to check out some NC beaches up that way.

Yeah, def not the most happening place, but definitely a place to go if you want to avoid absurd crowds and strange drifters.

Usually try to go there once a year, also stopping by Gastonia to visit family.

Archived