Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've gone and done it now. 

A notable NFL player once said, his least favorite food ever was leftovers. It's understandable, food tends to worsen the longer it's in the fridge. 

Somehow I had forgotten this principle, afflicted by "bachelor pad syndrome" and laziness. You ever see Kitchen Nightmares when Gordon goes into the kitchen and freaks out? That was my kitchen. There was moss growing all over oranges, there were rotten hamburger buns, the cole slaw had gone bad...

I feel so ashamed. Yall should slap me with a lack of institutional control because I let things go way out of control. I had to throw out so much in the trash. I let laziness get the best of me. I'm going to start trying to cook something new every day, regardless of my fatigue level. I don't care. I got way carried away eating leftovers, eating the same thing 2, 3, 4 days in a row, and that's got to stop. I'm very ashamed. 

I've gone and done it now. 

A notable NFL player once said, his least favorite food ever was leftovers. It's understandable, food tends to worsen the longer it's in the fridge. 

Somehow I had forgotten this principle, afflicted by "bachelor pad syndrome" and laziness. You ever see Kitchen Nightmares when Gordon goes into the kitchen and freaks out? That was my kitchen. There was moss growing all over oranges, there were rotten hamburger buns, the cole slaw had gone bad...

I feel so ashamed. Yall should slap me with a lack of institutional control because I let things go way out of control. I had to throw out so much in the trash. I let laziness get the best of me. I'm going to start trying to cook something new every day, regardless of my fatigue level. I don't care. I got way carried away eating leftovers, eating the same thing 2, 3, 4 days in a row, and that's got to stop. I'm very ashamed. 

You can mix it up.  Cook 3-4 nights and get take-out some other meals.  And you can't go wrong with frozen foods, they last forever and are quick and easy to nuke in the microwave.  

There isn't anything wrong with eating leftovers, granted, I'm not a big leftover guy.  I just usually don't have the appetite for the same thing the next day.  So at best, I might eat leftovers one day after.  

Also, not sure how convenient is is for you, but you could always try shopping every 2-3 days and buy just enough for meals for 2-3 days.  And portions that will not produce leftovers.

I'm just so ****ing lazy it's ridiculous. I get home so tired every day I dno't feel like cooking, so I just eat leftovers from the last day. Sometimes I'm at the Nats game and I'm out all day so the whole leftovers rot for another day. Just...either I gotta get a maid, a girl, or just take some more responsibility for my ingredients. Can't be lazy when it comes to food safety anymore. 

I'm just so ****ing lazy it's ridiculous. I get home so tired every day I dno't feel like cooking, so I just eat leftovers from the last day. Sometimes I'm at the Nats game and I'm out all day so the whole leftovers rot for another day. Just...either I gotta get a maid, a girl, or just take some more responsibility for my ingredients. Can't be lazy when it comes to food safety anymore. 

If you can eat leftover McD's 3-4 days old, you can eat some frozen meals.  Even the laziest of people can put them in the microwave for 6-7 minutes.  Also, you can eat sandwiches with chips or soup.  Plenty of meals can be made with minimal effort and time.   

And practically everywhere has carry-out with a drive-thru now days.  Hell, I can drive thru at Chic-Fil-A, Zaxby's, Jimmy John's subs and there is a BBQ joint with a drive thru too.  You practically can get tons of meals, even some with healthy options and never get out of the car.

Hell, most grocery stores offer a drive thru service now.  Place your order online, then pull up to the front of the store where it's designated, they come out, take your credit card, go in, run it, and load your car up.  Granted there is an extra fee to process.  But definitely a service for elderly/disabled/lazy or people too busy to spend the time in a store.

I've never driven through a drive thru in my life.

Dare I ask why?  It's way more convenient than parking and walking in.  Worst case, you sit in line 5-10 mins listing to music, radio, pod casts, etc.

Anyhow, you said you were extremely lazy, just listing out some of the options available.  I'm lazy too.

Edit:  I do love cooking and grilling and do grill a lot.  But in general, I'm pretty lazy sometimes.

Because I enjoy interacting with the cashier in person. 

I like interacting with people too.  But for that I will usually go to lunch at one of the pubs/bars down the road and shoot the **** with the other locals and the owners/bartenders.  

When I go to Zaxby's, I don't need to speak to 19 year old Linda face to face when I order.  I just need to give her my CC at the window and thank her when she hands me my bag of food.  

Edit:  And it's faster than getting out of the car, walking in, standing in line, etc.  But time is an issue if I'm eating fast food at lunch, I only get one hour and my company is pretty strict about taking more than one hour.  I like to get out and back home as fast as possible and enjoy my meal with enough time to eat before I have to start working again.

You can mix it up. Cook 3-4 nights and get take-out some other meals. And you can't go wrong with frozen foods, they last forever and are quick and easy to nuke in the microwave.

There isn't anything wrong with eating leftovers.

Yeah, just as long as they arent week plus old leftovers, damn near metastasizing and ****. ix the fda usually warns against eating home cooked stuff past 3-5 days (I don't go past 3) unless you freeeze, but if you continuously eat past that, and are saving takeout food, thats probably not a good idea. A lot of that stuff can start to taste funny even after a day.

So flying Boston to lax today there were 2 young kids with downs sitting in front of me across the aisle from in 1st class. Their mom sat next to me. When we landed the flight attendant asked the 2 boys if they were home. The older boy said "no, we're here to go on The Conan O'Brien show." So I asked the mom and she said, yep, they have a video about zombies that is going viral & they'll be on Conan on Thursday! Found out it was these 2 kids:

http://www.foxnews.com/health

Grew up going to the Jersey shore. It's ****ing amazing a bit south of Atlantic City. OCMD is a dump. Seriously? OCMD is great if you are 19 and want to get falling-over drunk, then rev your 15.5 quarter-mile engine like a prick at every red light. OCNJ is like always ranked one of the top beaches in the country, and is ranked at #1 in some prestigious magazine this year. I am biased cuz that was my summer vacay place every year.

We'd take the Cape May/Lewes Ferry across the Deleware Bay. That **** is one cool experience. You can't see **** but water for a good while, the ride was great.

Then we'd drive directly along the coast to Wildwood, and immediately hit its ****ing incredible boardwalk. Like...THAT'S a boardwalk. Place is a damn theme park. Beach is absolutely enormous. It's close to a quarter mile wide.

Stone Harbor? Avalon? Super high class.

Sea Isle City kicks ass.

Cape May is amazing and even Lewes, DE has that same south Jersey pristine beach vibe.

Archived