Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm having beer olympics at my house this weekend.  

Any game suggestions or anyone have any experiences?

Drink until you have no more experiences?

Or drink till you experience everything?

I've also always been puzzled by the Quarters game. Does the winner end up losing, or the loser end up winning?

discuss.

What leftover isn't a risk after 7 days?

Thanksgiving Day leftovers. I've lost count the number of time we did that intentionally for the leftovers, and left them at the person with the least amount of food in the fridge (typically my parents).

Not 100% disagreeing with you on many of your points. Family with a couple kids, a big cook that would be leftovers for a single cat like myself would not last long. I do intentionally cook food on the pretense of it lasting days because if I'm too tired to cook after work (where I can easily have a 10-16 hour day out of nowhere) I usually won't eat instead of spending a bunch of money eating out or a frozen dinner with enough salt to kill a horse.

I'm having beer olympics at my house this weekend.

Any game suggestions or anyone have any experiences?

We used to play a game called **** yourself...also called 6 cup. You knowhow to play it?

Also, you could play the real way to play beer pong...with ping pong paddles.

3-man, Mexican, zoom, hi-low, flip the cup, I could go on if ya want...

How many multi-cultural drinking games can be found?

Ask X.

Roomba beer pong

Chase the vacuum cleaner?  That sounds about like my speed...ssssllllooooowwww...I'll get to it when I get there...where's my shot?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

You mentioned reading more and more works based on those days (when people just gave food the old sniff test). I was curious what those were...I thought you meant something like studies on food safety vs. health but maybe I misunderstood.

You mentioned reading more and more works based on those days (when people just gave food the old sniff test). I was curious what those were...I thought you meant something like studies on food safety vs. health but maybe I misunderstood.

Not sure what he is talking about specifically.  But you can read up on the FDA guidelines and recommendations.  There are tons of websites out there with resources:  

https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/government/

If you click on the "food" menu under the consumers, there is a plethora of food safety related articles.  I haven't read them all, but like Sin, I did a lot of research in the past, along with the food safety training they put me through when I was in the grocery business.  

At one point, before my current job, I was interested in becoming a health inspector.  And my SIL actually is a health inspector in a different county, so I pick her brain a lot about stuff (how long can it really stay out, etc.).

Oh, nah, just history related stuff where people farted a lot and took tonics for upset stomachs. Quite frankly I dunno how humanity survived, seeing as how horrible things were. I think I read once where people in England during the Middle ages bathed like once a year

I mean depending on the time of year I feel a little vulnerable after just going without a shower for 12 hrs. A year? Someone had said this before and I mentioned that you could probably put that smell in a gas grenade and defeat ISIS with repeated bombardments.

Good lord.

Not sure what he is talking about specifically. But you can read up on the FDA guidelines and recommendations. There are tons of websites out there with resources:

https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/government/

If you click on the "food" menu under the consumers, there is a plethora of food safety related articles. I haven't read them all, but like Sin, I did a lot of research in the past, along with the food safety training they put me through when I was in the grocery business.

At one point, before my current job, I was interested in becoming a health inspector. And my SIL actually is a health inspector in a different county, so I pick her brain a lot about stuff (how long can it really stay out, etc.).

Yeah fda.gov is the one I go too. im pretty sure the current stuff talked about is in the refrigeration and freezer storage section iirc. Quick google search should take you right there

Turned on ESPN just now to see if there's any sports on and now there's some conversation with Obama about race.

I don't want to watch this, but I'm thinking this could be a pretty awesome trainwreck. Apparently not scripted.

It's the town hall discussion. Why espn, i don't know. I'd definitely watch on abc if i wasn't at a swim meet.

Ix's post where I responded that the lazy have it made caused some deja vu.   Not long ago I was telling my wife that in today's world, you really don't have to leave the house or exit your vehicle if you don't want to.

Everything is literally available to you via online ordering/shipping (e.g. Amazon).  Food?  No problem, tons of places offer drive-thru, not even talking strictly to fast food.  Groceries, order online, go pic-up curb side in your car.  

Clothes, electronics, grills, materials, etc.  all bought online.  Banking, direct deposit.  Drive thru for the tellers.  You literally can stay in your house and never leave your car if you don't want to.............now that is ****ing scary.

Archived