Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Love me some leftovers.

I don't even mind 6 or 7 days to be honest for food that's not a big risk. If it isn't fuzzy and it still smells/tastes right, it's fine.

Ix, keep shredded cheese and chips on hand. You can make nachos out of anything in the fridge. 1 minute in the microwave and you're good to go.

Not the lowest calorie thing in the world, but I wasn't getting the impression you were terribly worried about that. Portion control helps.

Big thunderstorm with barely any rain is overhead. Been watching it approach for an hour. Lightning everywhere, several flashes a second. Most in the far off distance, every 30 seconds we get a close strike. Light show.

Update: Wind is howling, 60 mph wind gusts, misty rain started 15 minutes ago, an absolute strobe light of cloud to cloud lightning. Some monster bolts hit the ground every 10 seconds, but are much farther away than they look. This is crazy. Paranoid of the tornado siren going off. Ain't seein no warnins ovar heer.

So that's the perfect thread for this...

Since today is July the 14th, that's our National Day here in France!! Wooot!

So I've decided to enlightened you all quite a bit with the long version of "La Marseillaise", with both french and english lyrics, so you can at least get a thing at what we're singing :)

On the history part, don't worry, many french don't know the story of this, some even don't know the taking of Bastille or whatever, we're not exactly celebrating the taking of the Bastille. That event happened on 1789 July the 14th, but that wasn't the National Day until 1880. And back in the days of thethird Republic, some were complaining about violence of this day and that it wouldn't be wise... So they decided to use 1790 July the 14th when LaFayette had lots of troops going through Paris to reinforce power.

Between 1790 and 1880 there were no celebrations (as during WWII also obviously).

And just in case you know it, the Statue that is in the center of the place of Bastille in Paris:

place-de-la-bastille-colonne-juillet.jpg

This statue have nothing to do with July the 14th!

There lies the names of all victims of revolutionary days of July 1830 "the Glorious three".

Few interesting facts:

- First women to march: 1886 from the 131st regiment of Infantry.

- 1915: Marching moving from 'Champ de Mars' (the field below the Eiffel Tower) to the Champs-Elysées

- 1919: To celebrate the end of WWI, all allied forced are united for this 'March of Victory'

- 1936: Syndicate invited themselves to this by having 1 million of people marching .

- Ex President Valery Giscard d'Estaing (1974-1981) had the marching going through many street of Paris, not only Champs-Elysées).

- Military forces march down at 120 pace/minute. That's the rythm for everyone, no exception.

- Of course, since we're french, you have to know that the exception to the above rule is for the 'Legion Etrangère', they walk at 88 pace/minute and don't intend on changing.

- If you can't attend the celebration on the Champs-Elysees on July the 14th, you can watch them train by night around the 12th from dusk til dawn.

- Air forces usually open the marching with helicopters and planes.

That's it for the history part, now you can walk down in Paris and teach lots of things to all my fellow french that don't even know half of that!

Wow, I can't believe this is the topic of the day... :huh:

Since I'm sure we don't want to discuss menopause, :ph34r: ...let's go with gas. :lol:

First real attack in my whole life was my husband's 40th birthday, and it was an ice cream cake that did it.  It was my first time meeting his family, and I was miserable.  Like really. :rolleyes:  And I'm the ultimate dairy lover, so I've learned & adapted to what my body said..."Milkshakes are gonna make you feel awful", etc.

New coffee shop opened near my work today so I stopped in. Barista. My guh.

Barista: pretty blonde with massive jugs and colorful tattoo sleeve on both arms. It's too much sexy before my morning coffee. Too much.

Hey..theyre trying to get you up in more ways then 1

Hope all is well RTT

My goon squad is still kicking in northern Ohio , my family in WV weren't affected by the flooding and I'm off to bed as I work 12 hour shifts at night - 7 days a week.

I'll check in when I can

HTTR

I was just thinking about you yesterday!  Glad to know you're all OK, don't be a stranger!

So that's the perfect thread for this...

Since today is July the 14th, that's our National Day here in France!! Wooot!

So I've decided to enlightened you all quite a bit with the long version of "La Marseillaise", with both french and english lyrics, so you can at least get a thing at what we're singing :)

That's it for the history part, now you can walk down in Paris and teach lots of things to all my fellow french that don't even know half of that!

Cool stuff.  Don't worry, most American's don't know squat about our own history either. It's the same here.

Rarely eat leftover food. Lasagna is one of the few exceptions. Not even pizza. Chili is the only other thing I can say that I'll eat leftover.

One day for me.  Maaaayyybbeeee 2 depending on the food. When I make dinner at night, I make enough for one plate at dinner and then a small rectangle Pyrex container for lunch.

Not a big fan of leftover pizza, but I'll eat it.

:lol: Yep, and the next thing you know I'll be senile, so there's that. :lol:

Brussel Sprouts.  Love them, but they get me every time.

Leftover pizza is the best breakfast.  Especially when it's at room temperature because you were too lazy to put it in the fridge the night before.

Also, I can't get enough of the golf majors.  Hello live streaming at work!  #OpenChampionship

Regarding leftovers, I usually mass cook food for the week as part of my diet. So I guess that's the same as leftovers.

Never had any trouble with it. Chicken, pasta, veggies etc. Just depends but never any issue and it always tastes the same to me

Hope all is well RTT

My goon squad is still kicking in northern Ohio , my family in WV weren't affected by the flooding and I'm off to bed as I work 12 hour shifts at night - 7 days a week.

I'll check in when I can

HTTR

Great hearing from you bud. Glad you and the fam are safe. Hope to see you around more when you can.

Be good

Archived