Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Mens soccer is worse than mens basketball.

The women don't pull that crap.

Yeah I know, but give it time...

I'm not sure the ref knew his mic was in when he said it. It was hilarious, and all the rugby players werent even paying attention to the guy acting on the field.

Dude should have known in rugby injuries don't stop play, and hardly ever result in penalties. As one ref told me "if you are on the bottom of the pile getting kicked or fingers being bent back, well it was probably because you are doing something wrong and you should stop doing it"

Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it.

I'm like the Pablo Picasso of tit staring. You have to destroy old conventions like don't stare too long. Look, they put it out there for who to look at? It's like looking at art or a beautiful landscape. Just admire. I've never been apologetic about taking in he grandeur of nature or a painting. Anyway, don't just caught in a mouth open, single line of drool coming off your face.

If you get "caught", just give a nice smile and continue the conversation. Or don't act like you did something wrong.

IMO, women don't like it when it's crossed over into Pervy. When you have to strain to get a look at the goods or radically change your angle-that's Pervy.

Mens soccer is worse than mens basketball.

The women don't pull that crap.

The difference between you and the others that say they are soccer haters is that you can't be bothered to come at us about it. Redsknbill and BS didn't need an excuse to go on attack.

I mean, there are two soccer threads on here that run probably stronger than any other sports thread. And it's gone unmolested by soccer haters go years? That may change that I put it on y'alls radar but still.

Yeah, the diving is sad and even soccer fans hate it. Kudos that the best player doesn't dive (Messi).

But that seems to be peoples biggest beef about it. They say it's boring, but baseball and football have clocked in about 12 minutes of active play for a three hour game. Soccer has 60 of 90. I can't think of anything more boring than watching 168 minutes of nothing.

But that seems to be peoples biggest beef about it. They say it's boring, but baseball and football have clocked in about 12 minutes of active play for a three hour game. Soccer has 60 of 90. I can't think of anything more boring than watching 168 minutes of nothing.

So you don't watch football?  Why are you on a Reskins' message board then?  Or you don't mind being bored for that long.

Stupid stat is stupid.  If you think the only action in a football game is from the snap to the whistle, you don't know football.

So you don't watch football?  Why are you on a Reskins' message board then?  Or you don't mind being bored for that long.

Stupid stat is stupid.  If you think the only action in a football game is from the snap to the whistle, you don't know football.

I don't think that's what he meant, and besides...

Football has strategy involved. Soccer doesn't...it's more like kick, kick, twist, kick, twirl, kick...head something or someone, kick, kick...pass, kick, kick...

And that is boring.

Football has strategy involved. Soccer doesn't...it's more like kick, kick, twist, kick, twirl, kick...head something or someone, kick, kick...pass, kick, kick...

And that is boring.

I think this speaks to why some people don't like soccer. I don't think it's spectator friendly unless you know the game.

There is tons of strategy in soccer just in formations alone. Overlapping runs, crossing passes. ....if you watch, as the ball moves up the the field, there are usually 3 offensive players in a triangle that is constantly moving, changing adding and losing players. That's by design.

People also have zero clue how hard it is to do things they make look routine. Someone kicking a ball to you from 40 yards in the air and in one touch it's at your foot ready for the next move is a pretty skilled thing that many have never tried.

I have the same theory about people who hate golf and have never tried it.

Now, i completely understand hating golf if you've tried it.

And that is boring.

Like duke basketball. Pass, pass, pass, dribble, walk, shoot.

Or hockey, pass, skate, check, pass, pass, shoot

Lol.

Doing good! Round three in the books and she's still not showing any side effects. No hair and a skinny little thang, but that's all.

Other kids enjoying the summer. Ella is becoming a really good swimmer, Mia is crushing boys at soccer (only girl on her summer teams) and Zac is doing normal 2 yo boy stuff (and cracking everyone up).

Lisa and I just holding on for 1 more month before this "new normal" should end and our "old normal" will return.

It's the little things that start to weigh more then the overall diagnosis of brain cancer. Zac never had a 2nd birthday party, Ella hasn't had her 8th. Lisa and I didn't have a 7th anniversary. Neither of us had mothers or father's day. Abby did have a 6th bday but it was subdued.

Neither of us have been able to really watch Ella swim or Mia play soccer this year. And now I'm tearing up typing this. This missed 8 months of normal memories for our family is what gets me. Yes we still have had good times but there is always that "dark sadness" weighing on our shoulders. Now that one finish line is somewhat in sight the enormity of what has happened is starting to set in. Up until now it's been more of a head down and grind on mindset.

Now that one finish line is somewhat in sight the enormity of what has happened is starting to set in. Up until now it's been more of a head down and grind on mindset.

You're one hell of a family or you would have crumbled by now...many kudos to you all! (Just a bit of levity...being a Redskins fan has helped, no? Adversity becomes us, haha!)

Hope there's a way for you to swing a big-ass vaca when it's over, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Keep it up, Abby. Be strong, LIKE A JAGUAR!!!! (cat lovers rule :wub:  :lol: )

So you don't watch football? Why are you on a Reskins' message board then? Or you don't mind being bored for that long.

Stupid stat is stupid. If you think the only action in a football game is from the snap to the whistle, you don't know football.

Calm down. I like the discussions and people in the tailgate. Well then the same can be said for soccer-if you don't understand why the action is entertaining for others then that's fine.

But go ahead, I stopped watching football regularly about six years ago. Tell me your take about what happens between whistle and next snap? The coaches picking plays? Joe bucks commentary? The act of setting he ball and/or moving chains?

Football, like soccer, to me (and any sport) relies on the anticipation of an event. Run or pass? Will they convert his long down? Can we stop this run/pass? Can we score again to build a comfortable gap? That and other things are similar between sports. Football is violent that's the main difference.

The other main problem that American fans encountered in he past with soccer is that many only saw the World Cup. It can be interesting but can be awful too.

You play a sport that involves a lot of running in the hottest part of the year.

The teams you see are national teams that don't have a lot of time to practice with each other, so not as sharp as can be.

And like hockey in tv it loses a lot. I never liked hockey until I saw it in person. It's much more amazing in person. On the other hand, football is prob better on tv.

You're one hell of a family or you would have crumbled by now...many kudos to you all! (Just a bit of levity...being a Redskins fan has helped, no? Adversity becomes us, haha!)

Hope there's a way for you to swing a big-ass vaca when it's over, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Keep it up, Abby. Be strong, LIKE A JAGUAR!!!! (cat lovers rule :wub::lol: )

Got a week at Disney through make-a-wish coming in November.

All I can say to this is that I get the stigma about meds, but I think that some people certainly need them.

I am bipolar. I can't be in a world where I say no to medication, and expect to live a rewarding life. I have gone through years and years of therapy and self reconstruction, and as much as ig has helped, I would not be where I am without meds. I fought it for years, and the older I got and the more stress and responsibility I was saddled with, the worse I became until it got to the point where it was out of my control.

I don't know why you don't want to take any meds and its not really my business to know why. All I can say is that they help, if you're willing to put in the work in other areas and not use them as a crutch. Sure, there are side effects, but usually those tend to not be as pronounced the longer you stay on the meds. And for me it is an acceptable tradeoff for a life filled with misery and irrationality and anger and hopelessness.

I decided that it would be better for me to have a male counselor.  I specifically found one that specialized in male issues.  I'm lucky I found a good one.  Been seeing him for 2 1/2 years and I'm alive and kicking because of him.  I just didn't think that a female could understand what I was going through.

As far as meds go, I'll never disparage anyone from taking them. I made a decision early on that meds were not for me and I needed to get to the root of my problem and not mask it with meds.  I do understand that some people need them and that's OK.

I think this speaks to why some people don't like soccer. I don't think it's spectator friendly unless you know the game.

There is tons of strategy in soccer just in formations alone. Overlapping runs, crossing passes. ....if you watch, as the ball moves up the the field, there are usually 3 offensive players in a triangle that is constantly moving, changing adding and losing players. That's by design.

People also have zero clue how hard it is to do things they make look routine. Someone kicking a ball to you from 40 yards in the air and in one touch it's at your foot ready for the next move is a pretty skilled thing that many have never tried.

I have the same theory about people who hate golf and have never tried it.

Now, i completely understand hating golf if you've tried it.

I can't watch golf on TV, but I like playing. Soccer?  I have to be in a certain mood to watch and it depends on who's playing.

Like duke basketball. Pass, pass, pass, dribble, walk, shoot.

Or hockey, pass, skate, check, pass, pass, shoot

Like soccer, I have to defend hockey.  There is strategy if you learn the game and the rules.  There are set plays and reasons for where they put the puck and why they check a guy at a certain time.

If you never broke eye contact, how did you know they were there? Peripheral vision? : )

But seriously, why did you pick a female psychologist versus a male one? I was thinking of one closer to my demographics, but that wouldn't be a bad angle either. I respect my lady friends' advice, but this sounds different.

Both therapists I've had... One male and one female. Equally excellent. Just has to be good and not dependent on gender.

Archived