Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I used to watch Austrailian Rules Football back in the 80s. ESPN would show a game every once in a while. About 10 weeks ago, I saw a game on FS1. I have been recording them on FS1 and FS2 every week. Because they are live, they typically come on anywhere from 2 AM to 5AM. I'm really starting to understand the rules. I love watching them on Saturday morning while I drink my coffee and eat breakfast. Anyone else watch them?

You can get upper level for like $20 or so. We do an 11 game package, lower level south (canes shoot that way twice) and it's like $60 per ticket.

Jeez, I'd give anything to see an NHL game again. The Glads are fun, but the skill level is, well let's just say, lacking, LOL

The tix my girlfriends & I get are $13, upper level south...I think I've seen 25 games, 2 wins. :( 

I ****ing hate Phil Mickelson right now. :angry:

It's been about a year and a half since I was formally diagnosed with depression (something I've, in the back of my head, known but suppressed vehemently). I haven't had as much time to know mine, but perhaps the most surprising thing I have learned is how it's benefited me. I've been able to see the beauty of my depression.

For all its lies, the way it distorts reality, and my sense of self-awareness - while I wouldn't wish depression on anyone - I credit it with helping me develop a more nuanced worldview, a deep sense of empathy (which I hope to further develop), and the realization that while self-destruction is of no help to anyone (myself included), self-preservation is not my highest priority. I don't want to die (not really, though of course I'm prone to moments where it's foremost in my thoughts), but death is far from my list of fears. My faith hasn't given me that, nor has wealth, status, or fame (I have decidedly little of the latter three).

My dad says the same about football. He says it's just s bunch of brutes running and hitting each other. There's strategy in all games and it makes no sense to make fun of other sports cause all sports are kinda stupid.

Gay bars get lit

Wtfhappened last night b

Who is this gay guy texting me

Why are you going to gay bars again?  Not saying you are gay and if you were, there is nothing wrong with that.  

It's been about a year and a half since I was formally diagnosed with depression (something I've, in the back of my head, known but suppressed vehemently). I haven't had as much time to know mine, but perhaps the most surprising thing I have learned is how it's benefited me. I've been able to see the beauty of my depression.

For all its lies, the way it distorts reality, and my sense of self-awareness - while I wouldn't wish depression on anyone - I credit it with helping me develop a more nuanced worldview, a deep sense of empathy (which I hope to further develop), and the realization that while self-destruction is of no help to anyone (myself included), self-preservation is not my highest priority. I don't want to die (not really, though of course I'm prone to moments where it's foremost in my thoughts), but death is far from my list of fears. My faith hasn't given me that, nor has wealth, status, or fame (I have decidedly little of the latter three).

beautiful post bf.

My depression and empathy are absolutely linked. It's part of why I'm vegan. I figure the world is a cruel painful place and I don't want to add to it.

What is it about my balcony that makes wasps think it's a great place for a nest? I think this is the 4th time they've decided to build in one of the corners. First time they built two of them in adjacent corners, then they started rebuilding in one of those corners, then moved on to a different corner, and now they're trying that same corner again.

The other main problem that American fans encountered in he past with soccer is that many only saw the World Cup. It can be interesting but can be awful too.

You play a sport that involves a lot of running in the hottest part of the year.

The teams you see are national teams that don't have a lot of time to practice with each other, so not as sharp as can be.

And like hockey in tv it loses a lot. I never liked hockey until I saw it in person. It's much more amazing in person. On the other hand, football is prob better on tv.

I've been trying to watch soccer more and more, so not just the world cup anymore.  The more I watch the more I pick up on the strategy part.

The funny thing is, I read the soccer thread a lot, but sometimes it just seems like people are talking a foreign language.  I especially don't understand off-field stuff, like the movement of players between teams, and lending players.  It's all very confusing.

Archived