Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I like honey whiskey.

Mmm, stuff is amazing.

Loved me some whiskey several years back. Got too good to me, had to stick to beer due to my propensity for drinking too fast. Would get blitzed on the reg.

I like vodka, gin is meh to me, tequila is farty smelling, but I've gotten falling over drunk off of it. Rum is cool, wine isn't my thing, chardonay gives me ****ed up hangovers, and I enjoy brandy.

Mmm, stuff is amazing.

Loved me some whiskey several years back. Got too good to me, had to stick to beer due to my propensity for drinking too fast. Would get blitzed on the reg.

I like vodka, gin is meh to me, tequila is farty smelling, but I've gotten falling over drunk off of it. Rum is cool, wine isn't my thing, chardonay gives me ****ed up hangovers, and I enjoy brandy.

Ya, drinking is one of those things for me I've had to keep an eye on because I know myself.

I like to have a bottle of honey whiskey and 100 proof vodka in the house, and I know one of my biggest problems is I like to drink stuff straight.  Only like to get beer when I know I won't be drinking it by myself (Yuengling is my beer of choice), and for years it's why I've prefered green.

I have to be careful who I talk to about that, but feel safer that way.

Gin is not my friend, curious about different types of tequila, wine is an acquired taste, and rum has its place (but this ain't a pirate ship).  Only reason I have white wine in the house is for cooking, but I'll do some E&J with my best friend if we both have a lil time to kill.

How did we get from,

"My mind warps and bends, floats the wind, count to ten

Meet the twin Andre Ben, welcome to the lion's den

Original skin many men comprehend

I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend

Sin all depends on what you believing in

Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest **** since MC Ren
Alien can blend right on in with your kin

Look again, cause I swear I spot one every now and then

It's happening again, wish I could tell you when

Andre, this is Andre, y'all are just gon' have to make amends"

To,

"Panda, Panda

Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda"

Weekends are so short. Time to go to bed. Don't want to work anymore. Tired of working. Life sucks avacados.

wow. adulting must really suck :lol: I haven't been doing **** since memorial day weekend other than going to lunch or dinner with friends, hitting up the mall, sleeping until 3 some days, drinking on the deck with my dad and having a cigar. mostly cause I didn't hear back from Monumental Sports (where I was trying to get an internship this summer, or a part time summer job).

although it does look like I'll start working at the Key Bridge Boat House this week, so that's good. gonna get that money for the school year! :)

Haven't been drinking enough water lately and did a ton of work in the sun yesterday. Can't sleep, because of cramps and ****. Trying to sit outside by myself is impossible with all the dogs. These little ones bark at anything and then everyone is barking.

Doesn't help the the 24yo nitwits who were supposed to be my dog sitters so I could go sailing, come home after 2am drunk and chewing their tongues off. Walking around talking at nothing and fighting with each other.

Everything gets better every day though. GF helping with all the paperwork and admin stuff is great. She looked at me yesterday and asked " how the **** have you been doing all this yourself?".

How did we get from,

"My mind warps and bends, floats the wind, count to ten

Meet the twin Andre Ben, welcome to the lion's den

Original skin many men comprehend

I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend

Sin all depends on what you believing in

Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest **** since MC Ren
Alien can blend right on in with your kin

Look again, cause I swear I spot one every now and then

It's happening again, wish I could tell you when

Andre, this is Andre, y'all are just gon' have to make amends"

To,

"Panda, Panda

Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda"

Eh one is a radio friendly pop song with a nice beat and the other is a deeper written hip hop song. Outkast has their share of dumb stuff too tho

The silly lighthearted stuff has always been around

Eh one is a radio friendly pop song with a nice beat and the other is a deeper written hip hop song. Outkast has their share of dumb stuff too tho

The silly lighthearted stuff has always been around

Bingo. All that soft formulated bubblegum pop stuff has always been around and sold well because it's background noise to dance to really. Plenty of good tunes out there, and the best part is with the internet you really don't even have to look very far. We tend to always romanticize about "The good old days of music when tunes meant something!" Cracked did a good piece on this a while back on their podcast. One of my favorite examples they gave about was posing the question about what people thought was the #1 song on the charts in 1969. One of the most popular answers, and honestly the first thing that came to mind for me too was "Fortunate Son" by Credence Clearwater Revival.

The answer however, was absolutely NOT that lol.

The answer...

Man, you never really realize how out of shape you are until you go out to try and change it. I'm sure age is creeping in on me a bit since I'm coming up on the big 3-0 in under a year. But I'd be willing to bet a lot of y'all here have me by at least a few years if not a decade or so and are in much better shape than I am so I don't even wanna start trying to put that excuse out there on this thread lol. But I'm starting to hit that point where the injuries seem to come more often and linger longer.

I've put on a few pounds over the past couple months and I've noticed it so I'm trying to make it a point to be a little more active and change some eating habits. Yesterday, I had a light breakfast in some fruit and a granola bar, and went out to play some tennis with a buddy. It had been a while and I was mad rusty and I had seemingly no stamina lol. But I also didn't really stretch a whole lot before we started and I'm regretting it now big time. Pulled a muscle in my lower back and have been hurtin since yesterday. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. Made it in to work this morning, but not by much. Think I need to take a day off tomorrow and put it on ice. Been reading that some ice, ibuprofen, and taking it easy but not being on bedrest is the best way to get back to normal. I hate missing work. Always been one to take the "If I'm walkin, I'm workin" attitude. But If I don't try and treat this thing it's gonna affect my work.

Just quit.

I will if you pay my bills.

wow. adulting must really suck :lol: I haven't been doing **** since memorial day weekend other than going to lunch or dinner with friends, hitting up the mall, sleeping until 3 some days, drinking on the deck with my dad and having a cigar. mostly cause I didn't hear back from Monumental Sports (where I was trying to get an internship this summer, or a part time summer job).

although it does look like I'll start working at the Key Bridge Boat House this week, so that's good. gonna get that money for the school year! :)

I've been working since I was 15. Only one year in all those years did I not work. My freshman/sophomore years of college, I only worked during the summer and I was out of work for a year in 1999. So 32 years of working year round. I'm tired.

Archived