Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Someone mentioned that some people get offended if you tell them happy Father's or mothers day and they don't have kids.

Know what i hate? People that know I'm a teacher and say "it must be great to have summers off!"

I've worked 14 straight days, and will work 5 more before my next day off. Painting and summer camps director, i might work harder in the summer.

What a great back to back post lol.

I've worked all my life. Free slurpie for everyone.

Pj, I'm in the same boat. This month I'm off to start my business is the first time I've had more than a week or two off, since I was around 14. So almost 30 years. Restaurants, heavy equipment, junkyard, navy. Im tired too.

Someone mentioned that some people get offended if you tell them happy Father's or mothers day and they don't have kids.

Know what i hate? People that know I'm a teacher and day "it must be great to have summers off!"

I've worked 14 straight days, and will work 5 more before my next day off. Painting and summer camps director, i might work harder in the summer.

my dad was a teacher for 30 and VP for 8. Always up late doing work, holding other jobs all the time. Teacher is hard work. Much respect.

My first construction job, I came home and was worn out. My dad said that's why he became a teacher. So he'd never have to do a hard day's work the rest of his life. Lol now, I know what he meant, but I've never let him live it down. Haha

How did we get from,

"My mind warps and bends, floats the wind, count to ten

Meet the twin Andre Ben, welcome to the lion's den

Original skin many men comprehend

I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend

Sin all depends on what you believing in

Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest **** since MC Ren
Alien can blend right on in with your kin

Look again, cause I swear I spot one every now and then

It's happening again, wish I could tell you when

Andre, this is Andre, y'all are just gon' have to make amends"

To,

"Panda, Panda

Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda"

Listen again to cats like Public Enemy, KRS One, 2Pac, Jadakiss, Kweli, Common, etc. They said that there were efforts to control the message that the golden age of hip hop was sending, which was why many formed their own labels.

But in the deaths of Biggie and 2Pac, it left a vacuum, and in its place, the gritty, truthy, black and white alley, violent helpless reality type rap/hip hop was replaced by cristal pouring, booty shaking, making it rain, empty phrases, etc.

I blame the St Lunatics, No Limit/Cash Money, and new age (back then) ATL trap music, even though I liked a lot of it ( not in the same way I liked hip hop). I mean, Silkk the Shokker went Platinum. Silkk the mother****ing Shokker.

"Hop hop just aint what it used to, we used to have songs we could shoplift or boost to" -Jadakiss

Even the sun goes down, heroes eventually die, horoscopes often lie, and that's sometimes why, nothing is for sure, nothing is for certain, and nothing last forever but until they close the curtain..... It's him and I, Aquemini.

Oh its definitely a different kind of hard work. Physical labor is a real ****.

Gives you heart, though. Did it after high school. Made me a grown ass man at 18

I can't wait until they remake Goonies or Stand By Me with an all female cast. Maybe Die Hard with a strong female lead? Maybe a TMNT with an all female squad.

Die Hard with a female lead could be cool, as long as they dont call it Die Hard.

You have your birthday already, Sin? You brought it up a minute ago, happy belated / early birthday. Your something like two weeks older then me.

Yup. Thanks. Saturday. Went out earlier that day with the gf for lunch, and got me some Acqua Di Gio and a copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Die Hard with a female lead could be cool, as long as they dont call it Die Hard.

It really wouldn't be. Basically what you would get is resident evil with a terrorist instead of a zombie.

How about we stop trying to do remakes, and do an original movie

But how will they get the instant name recognition?

3 podcasts in and I'm obsessed with Serial. It makes the morning drive go by so fast.

And yes, I know I am late to the party.

Serial was a good one.

Haven't checked or season 2 yet.

It really wouldn't be. Basically what you would get is resident evil with a terrorist instead of a zombie.

Why are you sexist?

Yup. Thanks. Saturday. Went out earlier that day with the gf for lunch, and got me some Acqua Di Gio and a copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

That's good stuff. At least we know you're a good smelling villain. Happy bday too bro

Well, if all you're going by is the premise.  There's a lot that goes into making a movie.  Hiring a decent actress and director and having a good script are not off the table.  There've been Die Hard ripoffs that were pretty good.

Why are you sexist?

Moviest..I'm tired of remakes. You want to do the acress action star a service? Give her an original role.

How dare you. It was a graveyard smash

I just want to know what ever happened to my transylvania twist

Well, if all you're going by is the premise. There's a lot that goes into making a movie. Hiring a decent actress and director and having a good script are not off the table. There've been Die Hard ripoffs that were pretty good.

Still bad idea....let's remake Point of No Return with a male actor....or how about a transgendered actor....

Bad idea there too.

You want more woman as the lead? Have an original movie for them instead of trying to re-live the 80s

Sin, July birthday bros.

eb7e22da6570d4da7f4d797404a91dda7c1ed993

I'm 33 next week.

Man, you never really realize how out of shape you are until you go out to try and change it. I'm sure age is creeping in on me a bit since I'm coming up on the big 3-0 in under a year. But I'd be willing to bet a lot of y'all here have me by at least a few years if not a decade or so and are in much better shape than I am so I don't even wanna start trying to put that excuse out there on this thread lol. But I'm starting to hit that point where the injuries seem to come more often and linger longer.

I've put on a few pounds over the past couple months and I've noticed it so I'm trying to make it a point to be a little more active and change some eating habits. Yesterday, I had a light breakfast in some fruit and a granola bar, and went out to play some tennis with a buddy. It had been a while and I was mad rusty and I had seemingly no stamina lol. But I also didn't really stretch a whole lot before we started and I'm regretting it now big time. Pulled a muscle in my lower back and have been hurtin since yesterday. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. Made it in to work this morning, but not by much. Think I need to take a day off tomorrow and put it on ice. Been reading that some ice, ibuprofen, and taking it easy but not being on bedrest is the best way to get back to normal. I hate missing work. Always been one to take the "If I'm walkin, I'm workin" attitude. But If I don't try and treat this thing it's gonna affect my work.

29? Dude, you're still in your prime! Capture the moment! Get in real shape one last time!

Nah man, you'll be fine. Work around the injuries, rest 'em, physical therapy them back to health. Be curful tho. Stretches, light movements. Works. Unless your **** is torn, of course.

I thought you were in your late 30s, damn. Mind blown.

Archived