Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 people shot, 3 people stabbed, and several fights at the Ocean Front during College Beach Weekend........aka Greek Fest circa 2013.

Click link for more details

I'm kind of surprised that this did not get more media airplay. Maybe they are trying to throw this under the rug in hope of keeping tourist interested in spending their money here for vacation.

The funny part is how Mayor Sessoms said that "we'll be more prepared next year". Hold up what? Next year? How about making sure this event never takes place again.

Does any one remember the name of the skateboard/surf shop that was right off the OCMD boardwalk, kinda down near the pier It was located in like an all black townhouse style building. I don't know why it popped in my head but it's driving me nuts now that I can't think of it.

7th street shop? there's one in OBX and OC.

Well, I had an interview with my local newspaper today. Good news is there is a position opening up and I'm number one on their list. Bad news is it's part time and I have to wait awhile before I find out if I get the job (they have to make it public and all).

I would surely be grateful for it. Fingers crossed!

Living in Indiana sucks for more than one reason. Tickets to a Skins home game: $65. Tickets to Packers/Skins: $210+. I have it, and I'm probably going anyway, but **** me, that's ridiculous.

That is the only reason why i don't want to go. I am going to Denver and possibly ATL. but I dont think i can go to GB and pay that and there is nothing around the city

Spread the word---someone moved the "Ads" thread to where it should have been anyway---The Feedback and Tech forum. It's there, just look for it. You can still post in it. No, I don't have any news on the matter.

I have come in here to vent a little bit. I play 'C' league softball at NASA. I played three years ago when the leagues first started, and I haven't played since. That is, until this year. I had some issues the last couple of years coupled with the fact that I did not really like the attitudes of some of the opposing teams. Some of them had the 'living childhood dreams' attitude. Which, quite frankly is annoying.

So, I agreed to play again this year. The first two games went great. My team was blown out 24-4 the first game and the second was 14-4, or something like that. It was not a big deal because I was playing with my friends and having fun. The opposing teams were a lot of fun as well. We have to carry at least two women on the roster. Every team has two, but my team has four and unfortunately, none of them are really good. I am not trying to be sexist, but a couple of the women are afraid of the ball, but that is o.k. Let's have fun!!!

Fast forward to the third games which ended just a couple of hours ago. We played an Army team. O.K. cool. But, prior to this game, I heard that the ARMY teams playing were jerks and made the game un-fun. I thought to myself, 'we will see how it goes.'

From the first pitch they were annoying as hell. They took 'C' league softball way too seriously. I was lead off hitter tonight. During my first at bat, I did something to my Quad. I wasn't able to run full strength, but I managed to make it to third. These jerk offs made fun of my injury the whole game. They had a comment every time I got up to bat. I played short stop without a hitch, but I could not run the bases at full strength. I ended up going 3-3 with my bum leg, I never got thrown out, but unfortunately we still lost. My friend who plays 3rd thought I knew the guys on the other team and he thought we were ribbing each other. They were being jerks and I was being a jerk back.

These jerk offs had about 20-30 people in the stands cheering them on. Their whole team plus the fans talked crap the whole time. I was the only person on our team that said anything back. All of my friends on the team are really nice people and non-confrontational. They all went out and shook hands at the end of the game but I did not.

Bad move that I did not shake hands. I was pissed at their poor sportsmanship. A couple of other people that got injured in previous games drew worry from both teams. It was great!!! Even the first game, my team did not have enough players and the opposing team loaned us two people for the game, and they played well.

I regret not showing good sportsmanship because my friend's daughter was there and I had to explain to her why I did not go out and shake their hands and I tried to tell her that I was being a poor sport. I did this without the direction of my friend. I don't have kids, but I do not want to be a poor example. She is really good and she is an intelligent kid. I explained that she always needs to shake hands. That is hard to do when you have not set the example. I need to set an example. I will make sure I shake hands from now on, but I am furious that 'C' league softball has come to this.

I really hope they change the atmosphere, but I doubt it can be changed. I cannot wait to play this team again!!!! I will do everything in my power to make sure they lose.

Looks like it's locked now.

Yes.....I assume because of a very pertinent post on page 3 and the fact that mods get tired of trying to answer the same questions, repeatedly, from hundreds of people who won't do their own leg work yet "need to know". :evilg: :D:)

Archived