Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

sigh... Been seeing this girl for 2 months(We clicked after a few weeks honestly). Everything great. But I felt like the entire time she was hiding something. She talked about colleges in Pennslyvania but she said she wanted to go to local for our sake (Yeah she was already thinking future). She delayed college because of traveling due to horse training she does in other states so she feared if she went to a out of state we'd never see each other between her work, school, and my work. Well today she tells me she has something she has to say......Well any guy dreads those words. She told me she was accepted to UCLA. She didn't mentioned it because she liked me so much she was going to forget about it but the fact that she told me tells me its in the back of her mind. She talked in a way that told me she wanted me to give my opinion. I told her its not my place to decide her life. I told her if its her dream to go there its my job to step aside. I can tell shes so conflicted. Part of her wants a new life but then shes fighting thinking there's something special between us. I told her I'm not one of those guys who is gonna tell her to stay. I said that's selfish of me to do. I basically said I have to step back and let her decide this on her own. I know what her decision will have to be because she'll regret it I'm sure and resent me for it. sigh....Well chalk one up for the good RR88.

Time to get a beer and some sleep.

I think you should encourage her to go.
Rr88, if it's meant to be and both want it to work I'm sure you two will find a way.

I'm watching sports center and jaws has to answer fan questions and one of them was who was gonna be the next Russell Wilson? His answe was .......Landry jones. WTH?!?!

I think you should let her go.

I didn't tell her to stay nor did I tell her to go. It's not my position to decide her life. I simply told her if she wants to go I understand( know Lafayette was her dream school originally so I don't know what UCLA means her honestly). I told her if she's looking for me to tell her stay I won't because both of us know down the road she'll resent me for it. When she first brought up universities I said right off the back I wouldn't ever stand in her way. She said she wanted to go somewhere local to keep us close. She knows I'm not going to give my opinion on the matter. Either way could end in resentment if I answer. (I tell her to go and she finds UCLA isn't what she wanted but by that time too late- If she goes to UCLA its basically over. A relationship isn't gonna span a country. Sorry to say I find the idea of things working out because they are meant to be a load of something. It doesn't work like that. I'd simply have to let go and go on with my life. I'll give it couple of days and a few beers to get over it but then I'll move on and not look back. Anyone who has read my posts for awhile knows up until things have not been that great in this department as of recent sadly. Someone even made a joke in the V day thread about me needing find a girl before training camp lol. You'll have to pardon me trying to find some humor considering the last day has sucked. Anyway, that doesn't mean for a second I'm about to stand in the way of her dreams if that's what she wants to do. If I tell her to stay well that's just selfish and asking for resentment.) The fact is like I mentioned earlier I said straight up to her if she wants to go she should. That's as much of a blessing as I'm going to give. I have no right to tell her either way how to live her life.

update: She just told me she's going. I wished her best and told her I'm sure she'll find some nice and sweet. So that's about it I guess.

carls-jr-pop-tart-ice-cream-sandwich-test.jpg

Carl's Jr. is testing a Hand-Scooped Strawberry Pop-Tart Ice Cream Sandwich out in Costa Mesa, CA. The dessert is basically a frosted strawberry Pop-Tart broken in half to sandwich a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The going price is $1.49.

The Pop-Tart Ice Cream sandwich test was initially reported by Food Beast, who spotted the sandwich on Instagram.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BrandEatingFoodReviewsFoodNewsAndFoodRecipes/~3/H2SX_ZCALio/carls-jr-tests-pop-tart-ice-cream-sandwich.html

I feel horrible for all the hockey-snubbing Wizards fans who have to watch that horrible franchise make no progress year after year while the rest of us who watch both get to prepare for a 6th consecutive playoff run. It really does make you wish for 2005 back. I mean we were just a mediocre 45-win team with no defense or shot at even the ECF's but hey, at least we were in the playoffs.

She just mentioned UCLA to me yesterday for the first time. She actually knew about being accepted before we even met!! She told me she liked/cared me so much she almost pretended it never happened and wasn't gonna tell me (basically forget about it). I even asked her early on about college plans and no mention of it. Is it wrong I'm slightly mad that someone knew this kind of secret form the beginning and didn't tell me until months later? That shes let things get this far and knew it. You should have enough respect to be up front about it. I wish her good luck with school and meeting someone new but I feel this situation is jacked up.

(sorry for hijacking)

I mean I wouldn't say it was a secret but not telling you and essentially leading you on I can see beig a little messed up. If she jus met you she didn't have any uh what's the word I'm lookin for...any need I guess to u can say to tell you though...now things got led and still never told you yeah I can see why you're mad...but like I said man if u really liked the girl and y'all had a good connection why le it go to waste? Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

There was a grey fox just sun tanning by my pool lol...

I mean I wouldn't say it was a secret but not telling you and essentially leading you on I can see beig a little messed up. If she jus met you she didn't have any uh what's the word I'm lookin for...any need I guess to u can say to tell you though...now things got led and still never told you yeah I can see why you're mad...but like I said man if u really liked the girl and y'all had a good connection why le it go to waste? Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

There was a grey fox just sun tanning by my pool lol...

by comfort zone you mean the east coast? lol. If you care enough to almost forget about a school like ucla you should have enough respect to tell the person early on. She came onto me. She knew all along. Which makes me wonder why she brought it up now honestly? Especially when she's talking about a new life starting there. Then why were you pursueing a serious relationship and already talking to me about future stuff if you planned to start completely over?

Well, you are 24 so the good news is that you have plenty of time to find another one. Go hit up the bars this weekend, get drunk, and spark up a conversation with some pretty girls. Get some numbers, boom you are back in business.

When you hit 30 you can't get girls in their 20s anymore, so you have six years to hit jackpot. Go! Now while there is still time!

It's a little jacked up if she didn't tell you until just recently. When Ren and I started dating she let me know that she had already accepted going to grad school in Minnesota. She knew all along that she was going there. I was cool with it because I knew what I was getting into. If it worked out, it worked out but if it didn't then at least we tried. 4 years later here we are.

Well, you are 24 so the good news is that you have plenty of time to find another one. Go hit up the bars this weekend, get drunk, and spark up a conversation with some pretty girls. Get some numbers, boom you are back in business.

When you hit 30 you can't get girls in their 20s anymore, so you have six years to hit jackpot. Go! Now while there is still time!

True that. I just felt it was lame that someone is gonna mislead someone from the start especially when you say you really care about them. Be honest. But yeah I'm gonna have a few beers tonight and then get back on track this weekend.

It's a little jacked up if she didn't tell you until just recently. When Ren and I started dating she let me know that she had already accepted going to grad school in Minnesota. She knew all along that she was going there. I was cool with it because I knew what I was getting into. If it worked out, it worked out but if it didn't then at least we tried. 4 years later here we are.

See Ren did the right thing. She was straight up honest. It's that kind of honesy that is why you two made it. I didn't know about UCLA until yesterday when she brought the whole thing up. In less than 24 hours everything crumbled. I must have talked her a million times about her future college plans and not mention of it. I was completely blindsided. I wasn't gonna suggest her staying. UCLA is a great school and its a great opportunity. I just think the way she handled everything was wrong.

I'm invited to the wedding right?

Which would you rather be at the wedding or bachelor party? ;)

:doh:

I hate watching the NFL Draft. I have no doubts that if I applied myself I could have at least made at to the NFL, probably could have dominated. But I got scared, lazy, and stupid. Dropped out of school when I was 15 and whatever dreams I had of playing in the NFL, or NBA, were done. I wish I can say that I am the only one that had talents go to waste, but I know a lot of people who didn't take advantage of their abilities. But most of them started selling drugs, partying, or didn't have the support. With me it was none of that. Like I said, I was stupid, lazy, and scared.

I make sure to tell the younger people in my family and in my neighborhood to never give up and whatever they want in life to not wait until it comes to them, but they should grab success themselves and never let go.

That is why I admire every professional athlete. They all have maneuvered through whatever obstacle that was placed before them and made their dreams come true.

As for me, I got back on track. I am about to graduate from college, got a good job making some decent money, and I have my whole life to live. But on days like today, I can't help but wonder how different life would be if I was down for my own cause back then.... :kickcan:

MLS, My brother could have played in the NFL or the NBA ( IMO )...he was that good. He simply got bored with it in HS.

Blue Chip Basketball player. Quit Football after 9th grade when he broke records left and right as a RB on the varsity team in a tough state/conference. Quit hoops when going to college.

He lives very happy in his current situation as a college professor.

Sometimes happiness comes from more than having money, fame, etc.

Hell, I wish I could have his talent.

Why were you scared man? You're still young.

I don't know man. I guess it was fear of the unknown.

MLS, My brother could have played in the NFL or the NBA ( IMO )...he was that good. He simply got bored with it in HS.

Blue Chip Basketball player. Quit Football after 9th grade when he broke records left and right as a RB on the varsity team in a tough state/conference. Quit hoops when going to college.

He lives very happy in his current situation as a college professor.

Sometimes happiness comes from more than having money, fame, etc.

Hell, I wish I could have his talent.

Yeah, I think I am better off myself. I have been truly blessed. I never really care about fame and fortune so that's not what's bothering me. What still irks me is the fact that I gave up. But like I said, it was probably for the best.

I worked non stop for two and a half weeks, sometimes without sleep, but have had the last three days off to recharge. It gets hard talking to people all the time and putting yourself out there. I've done some chef work too and cooking is very personal for me. I'm whooped. I fell asleep coming home from work one night and launched my truck off a hundred foot cliff too. Woke up, wandered into the bush and passed out for a few hours. Went back to work the next day with a busted toe, concussion and a messed up back. I've been offered two jobs this week and I'm trying to push them off until my visitors all come and go. Everything always happens all at once or not at all. I'm about to spend over a hundred bucks on a yoga mat today and my three trucks don't run yet. Going to be living half the week in a tree house cooking for 30 college age danish girls for the next month. That should be fun.

My lady friend went to Vegas a few weeks ago and placed some football bets for me, and now I can't find the betting slips. Bugging the everloving christ out of me. They weren't huge bets but still...I had Texans (5-1) winning the AFC, Packers (6-1) winning the NFC, and Falcons (13-1) winning the Super Bowl. All $25 bets. If any of those come through I am really going to be irritated. I couldn't have thrown them away, could've I? Ahhhh. The OCD in me is going insane.

* I just found them in my office drawer for some strange reason. Why did I bring them to work? Everyone can stop worrying now.

Archived