Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm starting to question your knowledge of the game...do you know how hard it is to win an NFL game with 4 new starters on your offensive line, including one who was on the sofa last week?

The NFL is a grind...complain about this win if you'd like but I'm going to work happy tomorrow knowing we live to fight another week and are still in 1st place.

I'm gonna start to wonder if you read posts you are replying...

I've stated that OL played OK despise being a patchwork OL. And they weren't the reason we were so crappy on O.

Still there was only 3 news starters, and even that is arguable as Bergstrom already started 2 games prior to that, be it on the left side, and NSekhe also as history of starting be it left or right. Rouillier and Moses have been in the starting lineup since the end of last season. So that's 3 not 4.

Win is great, that's cool. But it shouldn't prevent you from being objective about our team's state and being critical of it. And I expect the coaching staff and players being critical and works their tails off to improve. Because that kind of offensive play will get us nowhere.

Opposing O are already scheming to attack us on our rookies DBs which is becoming a trend and a problem. Hopefully the Bucs miscues' helped us sealed the win. But if not for that, we're in for another Falcons' game. Falcons that took a beating from the Browns.

Sun is bright today because of the W, I have no problem with that. I just don't see brighter skies ahead. Instead, storm is looming over our head. 

I'm not gonna go this way:

4790831.jpg

I’m gonna list my positives in this thread and get super miserable in the rest of them... lol

ZBrown and DJ Swag have two totally different personalities, but my happiest moments today were when the two of them were dapping it up after tackles and recognizing one another as the ultimate thumping PULSE of our defense.  They thrive off each other. 

ZBrown played like an absolute psycho today. We’re so lucky to have him.

Clinton Diyyyucks impact is starting to show already.  (DJ Swaggermuffin was finally getting to play the box and create some havoc in backfield early.) Diyuuxx got his fumble recovery, almost grabbed that pick, and showed great range/solid tackling throughout the day. No doubt he’s gonna look more impressive as the weeks pass. 

Bibbs does his damn job. He does it well.

Frosty the Strohman is hungry and seems to be frothing at the mouth for more opportunities.

Patchwork OL came out and played with confidence.  We most likely have the best OL coach (and DL coach) in the league right now.

Tress Way is our best player (at his position) and has been for a while.  The guy boots the ball into orbit and makes it look like a Patriots’ assistant took the air of it by the time it hits the 10 yard line.

Alex Smith threw a TD to a wide receiver. 

?

Let me start with this.  If we don't win the East after the boys beat the Eagles yesterday it will be a travesty and it should be reason to fire some people in this organization.  With that in mind, lets understand the opportunity we have here as a team.

Yes I agree with many that unless Smith miraculously becomes more accurate on his 20 plus yard throws we will not do anything in the playoffs.  But it will be a boost to this team to make it to the playoffs when the start of this season we though we would be probably picking top 10.

The defensive front is for real, we just need to get a little better at edge rushing the QB.  Love how HaHa is already making an impact that will only get better.  We need Dunbar back ASAP because we need to play a little more press.  I know that yesterday we were worried about the speed of the TB WRs, thats why the huge cushions.  Well one would hope.  We can't play like this against the Texans and certainly against the boys because they will nickle and dime us to death.

Can't argue much with our record guys, we are 6-3 with a two game lead in this division.   Who in their right mind would have though that in the beginning of the season.

13 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Did anyone else notice Jay was cussing up a storm on the sideline yesterday? :806: 

We’re winning ugly.

Wouldn't you cuss up a storm when you have a 24 million plus a year QB than can't hit wide open receivers with pressure on him like when he missed VD?  he probably exploded at something else but being a former QB I am sure his frustration with Smith is what triggered it.  

Over the years, the football gods have hated us. Every fumble bounced straight into the hands of the opponent. Every fluke that was possible to derail a game derailed a game. We have lost in the craziest ways possible. We gave up twenty point leads with 3 minutes left in the game!

We absolutely won by fluke yesterday. The football gods for once smiled at us and moved us out of their hell.

I'm okay with that.

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Over the years, the football gods have hated us. Every fumble bounced straight into the hands of the opponent. Every fluke that was possible to derail a game derailed a game. We have lost in the craziest ways possible. We gave up twenty point leads with 3 minutes left in the game!

We absolutely won by fluke yesterday. The football gods for once smiled at us and moved us out of their hell.

I'm okay with that.

I’m not so sure about that, game coulda easily been 23-3 if smith hits that bomb and yes they drove up and down the field but if you look at the turnovers they were all great football plays by our guys nobody on Tampa simply fumbled the ball those balls were punched or swatted out so I can’t call good defensive plays a fluke per se but I can see where you’re coming from lol.

The Falcons were embarrassed in Cleveland and will probably bounce back next week against that team from north of Mexico, south of Oklahoma; the Eagles are not gonna stop the Saints in New Orleans. We can extend the NFC East lead next week against the Texans. We need some quick-hitting stuff against that Texans defense. Slant them to death with Reed and Grandpa Davis until they stop it. Can't give Watt time to develop more highlight reel material. He'll eat Moses alive.

How many good teams do we have to play coming off their by week? How many have the other teams in our division have to play?Seems to me we have more injuries playing well rested teams. NFL should look at this esp after they give us a by way too early. In my memory, thinking back to the old days, the Cowboys had a winning percentage of like 900 plus, playing after the 10 day rest they got after the Thanksgiving game they always had to play in. NFL should schedule by week teams playing each other week after their rest.

1 hour ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Let me start with this.  If we don't win the East after the boys beat the Eagles yesterday it will be a travesty and it should be reason to fire some people in this organization.  With that in mind, lets understand the opportunity we have here as a team.

Yes I agree with many that unless Smith miraculously becomes more accurate on his 20 plus yard throws we will not do anything in the playoffs.  But it will be a boost to this team to make it to the playoffs when the start of this season we though we would be probably picking top 10.

The defensive front is for real, we just need to get a little better at edge rushing the QB.  Love how HaHa is already making an impact that will only get better.  We need Dunbar back ASAP because we need to play a little more press.  I know that yesterday we were worried about the speed of the TB WRs, thats why the huge cushions.  Well one would hope.  We can't play like this against the Texans and certainly against the boys because they will nickle and dime us to death.

Can't argue much with our record guys, we are 6-3 with a two game lead in this division.   Who in their right mind would have though that in the beginning of the season.

A 2 game lead with 7 games to go is a lifetime in the NFL. Remember '96-'97 when we were 8-3? How'd that work out??? Still a ton of football to play..

21 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I’m not so sure about that, game coulda easily been 23-3 if smith hits that bomb and yes they drove up and down the field but if you look at the turnovers they were all great football plays by our guys nobody on Tampa simply fumbled the ball those balls were punched or swatted out so I can’t call good defensive plays a fluke per se but I can see where you’re coming from lol.

True and I agree... but missing that 20 yard field goal is kinda flukey! In any case, I agree we won because of both timely really good defensive plays, miscues by TB's offense, and one or two happy flukes.

The defense went out this past Sunday with a goal of not getting beat deep. They were playing way off the ball. That lead to Tampa moving the ball at will until they reached the redzone. Once the true deep shot was taken away by the back of the end zone the defense tightened up and played very well.

Sunday's win wasn't a fluke. It was a gameplan that came together and worked against a really good offense.

I can't believe there hasn't been one...ONE...lead change in our nine games this season...how odd is that?...i mean really can someone figure out the odds of that?

/as of last week...

136 lead changes in 135 games. The Saints have experienced a league-high 18 lead changes, including eight in their 43-37, overtime win at the Falcons in Week 3. The Jaguars witnessed their first (and thus far only) lead change in a Week 8 loss to the Eagles in London. Every other team, except the Redskins, has been involved in at least four lead changes.

According to the NFL Media Research Department, via NFL Network reporter Gregg Rosenthal, the Redskins are the fourth team since 1970 to not have a lead change in their first eight games. The 1995 Packers went the longest without a lead change to open a season since the NFL-AFL merger, with their first lead change occurring in their ninth game in Week 10. Green Bay went 11-5 that season and lost in the NFC championship game.

/So...does that mean we hold the record? we've played 9 games...coolio

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

We are division leaders.... we wouldn't be in the WIld Card game.

We wouldn’t have a first round bye week, so yes. We would. Division winnere that don’t have a first round bye week have a home game in the 1st round (AKA wildcard round). 

Heres a question: our last 2 seasons that we won the division (2012 and 2015), which round do YOU think we played in? 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We wouldn’t have a first round bye week, so yes. We would. Division winnere that don’t have a first round bye week have a home game in the 1st round (AKA wildcard round). 

Heres a question: our last 2 seasons that we won the division (2012 and 2015), which round do YOU think we played in? 

I deleted my comment lol I read it wrong initially

8 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I can't believe there hasn't been one...ONE...lead change in our nine games this season...how odd is that?...i mean really can someone figure out the odds of that?

It's kind of cool, because you pretty much know who's gonna win it, as soon as the first team scores.

So if the other team scores a FG first, RIGHT AWAY you know you've got a couple extra hours of free time to spend with the wife, kids, or friends.

9 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Wouldn't you cuss up a storm when you have a 24 million plus a year QB than can't hit wide open receivers with pressure on him like when he missed VD?  he probably exploded at something else but being a former QB I am sure his frustration with Smith is what triggered it.  

We should all feel happy for anyone that misses VD...

Archived