Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams convert to LG, Will Shields #HOF

skins_warrior

Trent is getting paid crazy money. Who could argue forcing him to play LG wouldn’t give us a top 10 rushing offense overnight, especially now that we have Guice. 

We have ave plenty of options at LT. Moses, Nseke, Christian, etc

If Trent really wants superbowls, and to claim Hogs 2.0, why doesn’t his arrs get to work and lead by example as a mauler that sets the tone of each offensive possession by pushing his opponent backwards and opening up gashing holes. It’s a no brainier folks.

Haha, yes let's put our best player at a position of less importance. 

You look at it like? Trent, Arie, Chase, Brandon, Morgan -> total o-line score 100

Ty, Trent, Chase, Brandon, Morgan -> total o-line score 120 

So you think the second group would get better results? I think that having an average guard and pro bowl left tackle is better then pro bowl guard and above average LT. Having a bad guard is less bad then having a bad LT. The second option will make it hard for your QB. 

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I pretty much don't like any idea that removes Trent Williams from left tackle.  I think sometimes our fans forget just how pivotal the position of left tackle is due to the fact that it's one position we've been pretty damn good at with both Samuels and Williams. 

Lachey. 

Dare I think with Mr Mobile Alex Smith and now Guice, a hole at LG may be less a concern than in previous years.  Let me go start a thread about that.

It would seem that scouting RBs needs to include a proper review of, were the RBs monster numbers skewed by superior blocking. Maybe reviewing the plays in which blocking failed miserably, should carry a greater weight, short of a strong proven run blocking OL/system already in place (cough Mike Shanahan).  I know we always think we will solve any and all run game blocking woes, but fact is the D gets paid too. The back is often left to fend for himself.  I think I read Perine hadn't faced traffic at the LOS in college, and struggled with that last year, understandably. Like a college QB winning the "heismann" passing to wide open WRs all season, you have to review the ugly plays with more weight than I think some presidents do. GMs.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Dare I think with Mr Mobile Alex Smith and now Guice, a hole at LG may be less a concern than in previous years.  Let me go start a thread about that.

It would seem that scouting RBs needs to include a proper review of, were the RBs monster numbers skewed by superior blocking. Maybe reviewing the plays in which blocking failed miserably, should carry a greater weight, short of a strong proven run blocking OL/system already in place (cough Mike Shanahan).  I know we always think we will solve any and all run game blocking woes, but fact is the D gets paid too. The back is often left to fend for himself.

Alex is much more adapt at off script at the LOS, this is going to help all aspects of the O. Fans tend to forget how beat up the OL was last year, crazy number of combinations were started. Putting the best player on the team at the third most critical position at LG is just not football savvy. 

You know, Alex Smith spent his career trying to beat defensive schemes. He's making crazy QB money, so why would he object filling the hole at free safety?  We can finally get Swearinger back on the bench where he belong and open up the QB slot for young Colt McCoy to blossom.  No brainer.

9 hours ago, Silvernon said:

You don't take your highly paid All-Pro LT and move him to the least important position on the offensive line. His athleticism is still off the charts; no reason to switch positions. 

I know, that would be as crazy as spending the 5th pick in the draft on the least important position on the OL.   

:)

Archived