Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams convert to LG, Will Shields #HOF

skins_warrior

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@skins_warrior

You're 2-3 seasons too early with this thread.  At some point, Trent will be a better fit at LG then LT, but right now, its not worth it.  My concern is by time it makes sense to move him, he'll be done anyway.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a trade to a team who still wanted him to play LT instead of playing LG here. Especially if he thought he had enough left in the tank.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a trade to a team who still wanted him to play LT instead of playing LG here. Especially if he thought he had enough left in the tank.

Yep, he's made clear he doesn't want to do that.  Only way he moves to LG and there's peace in the universe is he accepts that's the only way he can stay in the league (at which point, it'd be a pride thing)

Your suggestion is not very good.

Williams, who's turning 30 this offseason and probably in his prime,  is not only one of the best players on this team, but one of the best tackles in the league. Tackle is also a premium position, so it just doesn't make any sense to move him to another position because "Moses, Nseke, Christian, etc" could play there. 

Why not ask "Moses, Nseke, Christian, etc" to play guard? 

Anyway, keep trying. 

Without a doubt the best move for the Redskins is to trade Trent. Hes always a blunt from suspension & his injury concerns are mounting. Thats not going to happen because we are dead set on winning between 6 & 9 games for as long as possible.

If we believe Ty can play as well as he did the last time Trent was suspended, then moving Trent to guard is, undoubtedly, the best move for this team. The drop from Trent to Ty wasnt what people anticipated, Ty graded out very well. With a rookie QB Id be more inclined to keep Trent outside, but on this roster, our best 11 is with him at guard. We are far better off with Ty, Trent & Chase than Trent, Arie & Chase. Trent could do great things for Chase.

The ES experts will try to beat you down, don't let them guide you back into the darkness. Most think we should go the Joe Thomas route with Trent, just ride it out rather than invest the asset into our future. Teams are desperate for tackles, we could get a 1st + for Trent. While we are all excited about the draft, we still arent SB contenders....but having two number 1s in next years draft, while Christian learns behind Ty for a year, could set us up with the young talent we need to take that step in the next few years. Trent has been my favorite Redskin since we drafted him. I had him as the #1 OT in that draft while good old Mel had him 5th or 6th. I love the big guy, but I certainly dont trust him not to smoke & the nfl has never been more desperate for tackles. 

If your friend volsmet was running things, you glorious folks would be looking at no less than 5 first round picks in next years freak show of a draft class. We are doing ok, but we are still trapped by expert-think, too many experts who get too few things correct, dictating how too many see things.

Callahans magic with Ty will go under utilized. Guide these folks to the light, Skins Warrior!

tumblr_mgp9ce2kgn1s31fnio1_500.gif

9 hours ago, Unbias said:

Your suggestion is not very good.

Williams, who's turning 30 this offseason and probably in his prime,  is not only one of the best players on this team, but one of the best tackles in the league. Tackle is also a premium position, so it just doesn't make any sense to move him to another position because "Moses, Nseke, Christian, etc" could play there. 

Why not ask "Moses, Nseke, Christian, etc" to play guard? 

Anyway, keep trying. 

Some EX experts claim hes nearly done & therefore we should be excited by the Christian selection. Trent is quite clearly capable of playing guard & Ty & Moses are slightly different animals. Not a great argument for someone who closes a post with "keep trying." 

While I appreciate the sanctimonious conclusion to your post, it would have been more effective if proceeded by considerations that had made a stronger case. 

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

So we are going to take one of the best LT's in the game and move him to LG????

sljacksonlaughing.gif

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You don't convert the first team All Pro LT to guard just because you have a hole at guard.  Our back up tackles are good, but far lesser players.  If any tackle is to make the switch to guard, it should be one of them.

No one is suggesting we move the first or 2nd team All Pro LT to guard. 

24 minutes ago, volsmet said:

No one is suggesting we move the first or 2nd team All Pro LT to guard. 

Except for the OP.  And anyone else who suggested moving Trent to guard.  Because he was the first team All Pro this season. https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Bolt/Sporting-News-names-Trent-Williams-an-All-Pro-honoree-114165063

There aren't too many areas on this team over the last quarter century that can be described as "not broken"

Left tackle is not broken.

Let's not fix it.

I'd much rather test Nsehke at LG. And, before injuries, Lauvau was not playing badly at LG last year. Good enough to say it can be held down for another season.

~Bang

9 hours ago, volsmet said:

Some EX experts claim hes nearly done & therefore we should be excited by the Christian selection. Trent is quite clearly capable of playing guard & Ty & Moses are slightly different animals. Not a great argument for someone who closes a post with "keep trying." 

While I appreciate the sanctimonious conclusion to your post, it would have been more effective if proceeded by considerations that had made a stronger case. 

I mentioned this before but I see almost no way Trent will agree to play Guard now unless he has no future anywhere unless he does. IMO he'll request a trade before he does that because I think there are plenty of teams who will take a perennial Pro Bowler and 2 time 1st team All Pro LT even if there's a possibility that he might have lost half a step. I think he still has 2-3 more years of being a top LT and then his contract will be up and I see him going elsewhere as a Tackle before moving to Guard full time here.

9 hours ago, volsmet said:

Without a doubt the best move for the Redskins is to trade Trent. Hes always a blunt from suspension & his injury concerns are mounting. Thats not going to happen because we are dead set on winning between 6 & 9 games for as long as possible.

If we believe Ty can play as well as he did the last time Trent was suspended, then moving Trent to guard is, undoubtedly, the best move for this team. The drop from Trent to Ty wasnt what people anticipated, Ty graded out very well. With a rookie QB Id be more inclined to keep Trent outside, but on this roster, our best 11 is with him at guard. We are far better off with Ty, Trent & Chase than Trent, Arie & Chase. Trent could do great things for Chase.

The ES experts will try to beat you down, don't let them guide you back into the darkness. Most think we should go the Joe Thomas route with Trent, just ride it out rather than invest the asset into our future. Teams are desperate for tackles, we could get a 1st + for Trent. While we are all excited about the draft, we still arent SB contenders....but having two number 1s in next years draft, while Christian learns behind Ty for a year, could set us up with the young talent we need to take that step in the next few years. Trent has been my favorite Redskin since we drafted him. I had him as the #1 OT in that draft while good old Mel had him 5th or 6th. I love the big guy, but I certainly dont trust him not to smoke & the nfl has never been more desperate for tackles. 

If your friend volsmet was running things, you glorious folks would be looking at no less than 5 first round picks in next years freak show of a draft class. We are doing ok, but we are still trapped by expert-think, too many experts who get too few things correct, dictating how too many see things.

Callahans magic with Ty will go under utilized. Guide these folks to the light, Skins Warrior!

So much wrong in this post holy crap.

Remember when our fan base knew football?

Before I respond, think of a puppy:

You have caught it doing something unwanted (chewing on the furniture, etc).

You grab the rolled-up paper, tap the puppy on the nose, AND, with a firm, but steady, voice say:

"NO! .... NO!

;)

:229:The Rook

15 hours ago, The Rook said:

Before I respond, think of a puppy:

You have caught it doing something unwanted (chewing on the furniture, etc).

You grab the rolled-up paper, tap the puppy on the nose, AND, with a firm, but steady, voice say:

"NO! .... NO!

;)

:229:The Rook

Or you laugh out loud and high five yourself, never liked that Chair anyway. lol 

2 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

You mean Jim Lachey who was playing LT after Joe Jacoby moved from LT to LG?

LOL

The idea isn't new but the timing is off. Silverback shouldn't move over. Yet.

Yes, check my post above, Trent was no. 4 LT last year, this thread idea is like flying cars in the 50's, LOL. 

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Yes, check my post above, Trent was no. 4 LT last year, this thread idea is like flying cars in the 50's, LOL. 

Well, The Scherff DID play QB in HS. Maybe we could put him in at QB and trade TW for three OL starters, thus filling holes at LT, LG and RG while gaining an experienced QB.

Is this what you mean about this thread?

6 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Well, The Scherff DID play QB in HS. Maybe we could put him in at QB and trade TW for three OL starters, thus filling holes at LT, LG and RG while gaining an experienced QB.

Is this what you mean about this thread?

When Payne doesn't take off at DT, can they give him a shot at TE/ Full Back? 

Archived