Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

12 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Alex Smith is our quarterback and now that brown resigned... I'm good

I like it too - don't sleep on Paul Robinson. He may not be a #1 take over guy - but he is a legit #2. If they land Tyrann M. that would be about the best case scenario - assuming they go DT early in the draft. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

I like it too - don't sleep on Paul Robinson. He may not be a #1 take over guy - but he is a legit #2. If they land Tyrann M. that would be abotu the best case senario - assuming they go DT early in the draft. 

Veta veya and tyrann please!!..can't help but to think the skins might go with cb at 13 tho..

28 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Mathieu would play in the slot for us.  Nicholson is the FS you’re referring to - I thought he played great, but to hear Gruden say he’s a guy you build a D around (compared him to Reed on O... not for injury reasons, lol).  Mathieu also serves as insurance for Nicholson.  

10+m per year for a slot corner or safety backup is way too much, plus fs is not his strength. Nicholson looks good but he cant seem to stay on the field. Mathieu is more of an in the box SS which is what Sweringer is and what Skins were trying to groom Cravens in to.

Why do people think Grant didn't fail his physical?  I admit it's rare but that would awful tough for the Ravens to lie about. Grant could have gotten hurt in the offseason/working out, or got hurt last year and tried to play through it, and it never properly healed.  I think guys try to show up injured more often than we know. Football is hardcore and injuries are very common.

I know Raven hatred because I live halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh.  Given what's happened to Grant, who I've always respected as a work hard and never complain kind of guy, I'm right with my neighbors now.  My Cleveland neighbor has a Blank the Ravens t-shirt.  I'm going to ask her where she got it.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Why do people think Grant didn't fail his physical?  I admit it's rare but that would awful tough for the Ravens to lie about. Grant could have gotten hurt in the offseason/working out, or got hurt last year and tried to play through it, and it never properly healed.  I think guys try to show up injured more often that we know. Football is hardcore and injuries are very common.

"We are! Extremeskins!!

We probably only have a $5m cap hit max on ZB. Still probably $10 million in cap space to spend this year on new talent. 

$29 - $6 for PR - $1 for Hopkins - $5 for Brown - $4.5 for draft picks - $3 for in-season = $10.5 to spend. 

Probably beed a restructure to get both Tyrann and Sheldon. Depends on what their deals amount to tho. If we can land one we can probably still get another mid range guy like DRC or one of the FA Guards. 

If if we somehow squeezed both in I’d expect to be done and likely go RB & G with picks 1-2 and then defensive depth the rest of the way. 

Cause with honey badger, Paul richardson, Zach brown and Sheldon Richardson in house you’ve filled all holes expect for RB and LG. And mainly would need to get depth at Edge, NT in the draft.

but with HB your secondary is set. Cover Nickel and backup FS. If Cravens is here you’re 4 deep at safety with Nicholson, Swearinfer, Everett and Cravens. CB is deep with Norman, Mathieu, Dunbar, Moreau, Holsey and Harvey Clemons. 

It would really open up the draft outside of LG and RB to truly go BPA and get depth across the board in 3-7. Ideally I think you’d want to trade into the 20’s get a 2nd, then move back up from 44 to earlier 2nd using maybe your 4th to secure a Guard and RB both in the 24-34 range where it would be primed at both 

I digress 

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Why do people think Grant didn't fail his physical?  I admit it's rare but that would awful tough for the Ravens to lie about. Grant could have gotten hurt in the offseason/working out, or got hurt last year and tried to play through it, and it never properly healed.  I think guys try to show up injured more often that we know. Football is hardcore and injuries are very common.

I don't think they're completely lying. I think their doctors probably noted something small that lots of players have or are expected to recover from, and that gave them the right to do what most teams don't, which is nitpick and nullify the deal in order to spend the money on a better player. I doubt there's some standard as to how bad an injury has to be to fail a physical. It's arbitrary, different teams doctors will worry about different things and different FOs will weight those concerns differently. That's why after the Combine you always hear that certain players have been red flagged or taken off a certain number of teams boards--its not a standardized process. 

15 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Just messing around man...I'm with you on this..I completely agree

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Doug Williams just said they were going to fix the RB situation.  Almost exact quote.

So, that gives me comfort they will do something, either FA or high draft pick...

Draft PLEASE. Right now we got a stable of JAGs. Outside of CT and the jury still out on Perrine. We don't have a back that scares anyone. I like Guice the best. Call me bias, but I trust a PSU RB like a UF QB/WR  or a OU QB. I'll take a hard pass. He feasted on lesser squads. Struggled against the better teams.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Actually I can’t see any way we’d land both HB and Richardson. Both would want $10+ APY and even with lower cap hits in Year 1 we’d have to move some serious $$ around on restructure to make it work

It might be Mathieu vs cutting/trading Josh Norman. Would suck short term, make sense long term I guess

Archived