Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Someone really needs to pee on him

it's not that such sentiments aren't justifiable to many many people, but edit your original to maybe something like the above :)....i have to self-edit daily :D...and that was true even pre-trump ^_^

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's not that such sentiments aren't justifiable to many many people, but edit your original to maybe something like the above :)....i have to self-edit daily :D...and that was true even pre-trump ^_^

I hear ya J and I understand but to me one of the great lies that people accept is that ole "violence never solved anything" canard. It solved the livin **** outta Hiroshima for example.

Now I know it wouldn't be right for me to advocate it, but just for instance, if ole Ajit Pai was getting in his car this morning and, I dunno, his head just happened to fall off, it would probably help w/ the whole net neutrality embroglio.

Just now, LD0506 said:

I hear ya J and I understand but to me one of the great lies that people accept is that ole "violence never solved anything" canard. It solved the livin **** outta Hiroshima for example.

Now I know it wouldn't be right for me to advocate it, but just for instance, if ole Ajit Pai was getting in his car this morning and, I dunno, his head just happened to fall off, it would probably help w/ the whole net neutrality embroglio.

think about who your talking to re: willingness to include violence as part of problem solving :) (only after due diligence in analysis of course)

there are ways to get the same message across in more creative/subtle but still clear enough  manner while staying out of trouble---i do it regularly :ols:

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Rule 6 is about profanity.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

from rule 6

Members quoting profanity filter violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

from rule 18

We experience our share of people who do not understand the meaning of the Rules, or have chosen not to learn or follow them, and sometimes choose to challenge or debate the moderators on their implementation. Any suggestion that the people who wrote the Rules and enforce them know them less than you can result in a temporary ban.

maybe what the tailgate actually needs is a much more strict application of all the rules given how comfy more than a few people (not you) here are with ignoring them, not knowing them, etc. and on this end it all  means more work/time and less fun/posting

Just yesterday I made note in a thread that most of you have read or posted in, that when a mod makes a post in a thread about mod stuff, members are not to add posts opining on it in response unless directly asked---as per forum rules for years---to avoid what are very unrelated off topic exchanges and even actual extended debates (per earlier years of experience). and yet here we are, just after yesterday. :)

You use pms or the feedback thread/forum. Please read, comprehend, and follow the forum rules and guidelines. :)

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's Jar Jar.

Truth. Trump is dangerous but only because he's so insecure, chauvinistic, and careless with the power he wields. He's as incompetent as he is bankrupt of convictions. 

That's the difference between Trump and Moore and I think it's one of the reasons why black voters turned out the way they did in Alabama. It's not like most black folks love Trump. It's not like we didn't know the stakes involved with a Trump or that we didn't care about the outcome. We have to keep "the stakes" on our minds every day. Why do you think so many of us have hypertension? Why do you think so many black mothers have special complications? There was a great story on that on NPR recently and I think it's required listening/reading. Here's an excerpt. 

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/07/568948782/black-mothers-keep-dying-after-giving-birth-shalon-irvings-story-explains-why

But it's the discrimination that black women experience in the rest of their lives — the double whammy of race and gender — that may ultimately be the most significant factor in poor maternal outcomes.

"It's chronic stress that just happens all the time — there is never a period where there's rest from it. It's everywhere; it's in the air; it's just affecting everything," said Fleda Mask Jackson, an Atlanta researcher who focuses on birth outcomes for middle-class black women.

It's a type of stress for which education and class provide no protection. "When you interview these doctors and lawyers and business executives, when you interview African-American college graduates, it's not like their lives have been a walk in the park," said Michael Lu, a longtime disparities researcher and former head of the Maternal and Child Health Bureau of the Health Resources and Services Administration, the main federal agency funding programs for mothers and infants. "It's the experience of having to work harder than anybody else just to get equal pay and equal respect. It's being followed around when you're shopping at a nice store, or being stopped by the police when you're driving in a nice neighborhood."

Damn straight we know the stakes but in my heart of hearts I believe black people, by and large, have a special perspective because we've been here far longer than even most of the settlers. Black people have had to deal with the likes of Trump and Moore for a long time and while they, at heart, stand for the same things, they are not cut from the same cloth. That's why you can shake your head, shrug your shoulders, and move on to the next fight after a Trump victory (that SNL sketch with Dave Chappelle right after the election hit the nail on the head) but you'll turn out through hell and high water (or election officials and cops trying to stop you at the polls) when someone like Moore is on the ballot.

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Bonus for using the word "embroglio" [sic] but then you lost it for spelling it wrong. :ols:

imbroglio

[im-brohl-yoh]

noun, plural imbroglios.
a misunderstanding, disagreement, etc., of a complicated or bitter nature, as between persons or nations.
an intricate and perplexing state of affairs; a complicated or difficult situation.
a confused heap.

Also, embroglio. <<<<<
Origin of imbroglio

That Roy Moore video was every bad politics paper I ever wrote - except he stuck in a lot more Bible verses. Basically, he grabbed a bunch of quotes and then said some nonsense to "connect" them.

This guy is only remarkable because of how evil his views are. It's a blessing that he has no charisma and is frankly not that bright. Otherwise, he would be dangerous.

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Lot of that going around these days. :(

That's sort of the scary thing with what Trump has unleashed on the Right. Thankfully, none of these guys are all that formidable. But a Mike Cernovich with some intelligence and charisma is a really really troubling idea.

Actually, Andrew Breitbart was a little like that, though his views were ultimately not like Bannon's.

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That's sort of the scary thing with what Trump has unleashed on the Right. Thankfully, none of these guys are all that formidable. But a Mike Cernovich with some intelligence and charisma is a really really troubling idea.

Actually, Andrew Breitbart was a little like that, though his views were ultimately not like Bannon's.

LOL, Cernovich's latest prank may land him in jail.  http://www.newsweek.com/fake-news-story-chuck-schumer-implodes-747384

19 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That Roy Moore video was every bad politics paper I ever wrote - except he stuck in a lot more Bible verses. Basically, he grabbed a bunch of quotes and then said some nonsense to "connect" them.

This guy is only remarkable because of how evil his views are. It's a blessing that he has no charisma and is frankly not that bright. Otherwise, he would be dangerous.

And he still came within a hair's breadth away from becoming United States Senator. The governor of his state still said she voted for him. The state and national GOP still had his back. This isn't just a "oh, well, you know, those folks in Alabama voters sure are stupid lol" - there was a national campaign to get this man elected, even though we knew exactly where he stood before the sexual assault allegations started pouring in and he was still only a few thousand votes away from being a United States Senator. 

18 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Luckily I think true Trumpism and intelligence are pretty much mutually exclusive. That being said, I'm sure there may be intelligent and charismatic psychopaths out there (as opposed to stupid and boorish psychopaths like Trump) who would be able to ride the coattails of Trumpism into power somehow, even though they wouldn't believe a word of it. That could be pretty scary.

Here is a question: Aside from ego, why did Moore even want to be a Senator? He wasn't going to knock McConnell out of the leadership role. None of his signature issues were going to go anywhere. He was never going to be on an important committee like the judiciary. All he was going to do was spend six years voting on stuff and making outlandish statements that his colleagues would grow to resent. And he would have to live in DC, which he certainly would have hated.

Archived