Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: RIP John McCain

TheGreatBuzz

18 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I can't even imagine what he went through as a prisoner of war. 

This gives us some idea.  I remember watching this about 10 years ago.  Powerful.  It's worth a viewing when you get some time.

6 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Hate that for John.

Does anyone have word on his prognosis yet?

Brain tumor always sounds horrific, but they can certainly be treated.

Glioblastomas are the most serious of brain tumors. Extremely aggressive. Given McCain's advanced age, I wouldn't expect him to live longer than 6-8 months. Per Wikipedia, Stage 3/4 patients over the age of 50, with good or great current neurological performance, the median survival time is 11 months.  His neurological function may already be severely impacted though, especially based on what we saw during the Comey hearing.

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This gives us some idea.  I remember watching this about 10 years ago.  Powerful.  It's worth a viewing when you get some time.

Thanks for posting Dan. 

What brave men.  Years and years of brutal torture.  And that Stockdale guy is one bad ass guy.  

I swear I’m not trying to make a political statement here but I kept thinking while watching this about Rumsfeld, the CIA and other R’s saying it was OK to torture Iraqis and John McCain firing back time and time again that it most certainly was not. 

2 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I swear I’m not trying to make a political statement here but I kept thinking while watching this about Rumsfeld, the CIA and other R’s saying it was OK to torture Iraqis and John McCain firing back time and time again that it most certainly was not. 

Speaking of political statements, here's one I'll never forget, uttered about John McCain by the current President of the United States:

"He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

This from a man who received five deferments to avoid the Vietnam War, four for college and one after college for "bone spurs" in his foot. But who stood bravely on the front lines of the STD epidemic in war torn places like Studio 54, his "personal Vietnam."

8 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Glioblastomas are the most serious of brain tumors. Extremely aggressive. Given McCain's advanced age, I wouldn't expect him to live longer than 6-8 months. Per Wikipedia, Stage 3/4 patients over the age of 50, with good or great current neurological performance, the median survival time is 11 months.  His neurological function may already be severely impacted though, especially based on what we saw during the Comey hearing.

That sucks.

I remember watching McCain at the hearing.

Yeah as I said, my stepfathers father survived just 6 months after diagnosis. 62 years old, recently retired as a high school teacher, great health, had a seizure one day out of no where, CT and MRI, Glioblastomas, 6 months pass, dead. Just like that. It was ****ing horrible. On top of that my stepfather had recently finished two tours in Iraq, was FINALLY home for good, dealing with issues from PTSD and then that happened. Life really is a ****. 

But anyway, i debated where to put this. Whether to put it here or the non-terrorist terrorist thread. My original thought was there because I don't want to hijack this thread but **** it. I want to make sure people see just how ****ing deplorable these loser ****stains really are. 

22 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I can't believe Trump really said this.  But he did. 

Borna when I saw your linked tweet above I thought that was a quote from Newsweek!  It's from idiots who really need to look inward and seek help. 

Trump isnt the one that said it.  Its posts pulled from the comments on alt-right sites.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Trump isnt the one that said it.  Its posts pulled from the comments on alt-right sites.

Gotcha Buzz.  I wasn't clear in my post above.  I was referring to Dan's post quoting Trump.  "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

An article called for John McCain to ‘just … die already.’ A GOP official responded: ‘Amen.’

by Kristine Phillips

A member of the Republican National Committee in Nevada apologized after retweeting an article that begged for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) to die.

Diana Orrock, a national committeewoman for the Nevada GOP, shared a story headlined “Please Just F‑‑‑ing Die Already.” In retweeting the piece, which was published on Medium, Orrock wrote “Amen.”

In the article, writer Caitlin Johnstone said McCain “can die a proud, happy man.”

“And he should,” Johnstone added. “Like, yesterday.”

Throughout the article, Johnstone did not mince words. At all.

She described McCain as a “murderous warmongering neocon” and an “evil man” who has “supported every US military bloodbath in his obscenely long lifetime.”

She wrote:

If you’re waiting for the part where I say I’m just kidding and would never wish death on anybody, please allow me to make myself clear: I sincerely, genuinely hope that Arizona Senator John McCain’s heart stops beating, and that he is subsequently declared dead by qualified medical professionals very soon. I don’t wish him a painful death, I don’t wish him a slow death, I don’t wish him an unnatural or violent death; I only wish that he becomes incapable of facilitating the merciless slaughter of any more human beings.

~~~

And the response of Diana Orrock, national committeewoman for the Republican Party in Nevada, to this article?

"Amen."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/18/an-article-called-for-john-mccain-to-just-die-already-a-gop-official-responded-amen/?tid=hybrid_mostsharedarticles_2_na&utm_term=.15e0a9bf75d0

McCain Provides a Dramatic Finale on Health Care: Thumb Down

WASHINGTON — All week long, Senate Democrats had quietly groused that Senator John McCain made a stirring return to the Senate after a brain cancer diagnosis, that he preached the virtues of bipartisanship — and that he then backed a Republican-only push to replace the Affordable Care Act.

But early Friday morning, Mr. McCain, showing little sign of his grave illness, strode onto the Senate floor as the vote was being taken to repeal it, and shocked many of his colleagues and the nation. He sought recognition from the vote counters, turned his thumb down, and said “no.” There were gasps and some applause.

He had just derailed the fevered Republican effort to undo the Obama-era health care law.

It was a stunning moment that will be long remembered in the Senate, a flash of the maverick John McCain, unafraid of going his own way despite the pleas of his fellow Republicans. In teaming up with Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, who had already opposed the bill, Mr. McCain made good on his earlier promise to help defeat the measure if it didn’t meet his personal test.

“The vote last night presents the Senate with an opportunity to start fresh,” Mr. McCain said in a statement on Friday. “I encourage my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to trust each other, stop the political gamesmanship, and put the health care needs of the American people first. We can do this.”

Click on the link for the full article

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Was thinking after seeing that, this is only 2 years after he would've finished his 2nd term if he beat Obama in 2008.  Honestly, now I fully believe he wouldve died in office.

So what would be worse , Palin as President or Trump? I'd say Palin because she'd be more likely to get a second term while basically being another W on intelligence level (less maybe?)

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Was thinking after seeing that, this is only 2 years after he would've finished his 2nd term if he beat Obama in 2008.  Honestly, now I fully believe he wouldve died in office.

So what would be worse , Palin as President or Trump? I'd say Palin because she'd be more likely to get a second term while basically being another W on intelligence level (less maybe?)

I don't want to clog McCain's thread, but I disagree wholeheartedly. 

I would take 8 years of lower IQ but genuinely good people over 4 years of Trump. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't want to clog McCain's thread, but I disagree wholeheartedly. 

I would take 8 years of lower IQ but genuinely good people over 4 years of Trump. 

Me neither, maybe I'll make a separate thread, but would not qualify Palin as "good people".  Maybe in comparison to Trump, but that's not a compliment.

Archived