Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Thread Classics

PF Chang

2 hours ago, steve09ru said:

I miss the ones where someone would start a thread about a personal issue or experience and a new thread would be started, forget by who, playing the role of the other person in previous mentioned thread.  The first one that happened had me cracking up.

That's @daveakl.  He caught me complaining about my stepdaughter's hammock-selling business in the RTT and got me with a thread about needing to return a defective hammock.:ols:

43 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's @daveakl.  He caught me complaining about my stepdaughter's hammock-selling business in the RTT and got me with a thread about needing to return a defective hammock.:ols:

That and the guy that held a meteor only to find out it was petrified elephant dung.

I remember Mickalino had some wild threads.  Also I remember some threads where people were taking questions while drunk that ended up being fairly amusing. I seem to recall someone starting a thread where they drunkenly professed love for Tarhog, lol.  The cage match thread was a classic as well, as were some of the prank ones.  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

They were all great!  Found the initial one though (top):

Subjects:

- Ever got into a prank war with a neighbor?

- Need Advice, GF maybe cheating on me.

- My Neighbor ruined my lawn so I ruined his credit!

- Advice on dealing with a shady business. (skinsmarydu)

I wish I could remember her name, but we had an occasional tailgate poster who started a thread about how she was bi-curious and her friend was coming over. You can imagine how fast that thread filled up. The next day she pm'ed one of the mods to say she had been raging drunk and was incredibly embarrassed, and begged for the thread to be removed. It was immediately locked and eventually fell off, but it was classic. I wish I remembered who it was, but she dropped off the board after that. It might have been Candace, but I'm not at all sure, and wouldn't want to defame her.

One of the great threads was the one posted with the news that Joe Gibbs was returning to the team.  It was like the second coming, literally.  Of course it didn't work out all that great in retrospect, but the pure unadulterated joy in that thread was something to behold.

We were so naive.

22 hours ago, China said:

I would be curious to see a list of threads I started over the years.  There are many that I remember that I can no longer find with a search.

Go to your ES profile, click on "see my activity", and there you can sort by topic and see just threads you started.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Go to your ES profile, click on "see my activity", and there you can sort by topic and see just threads you started.

Hmm...apparently I've started 3,830 threads over the last 13 years.

Archived