Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 hours ago, zskins said:

Holy smokes Batman! I did not know this, even though I grew up watching her. 

Still looks pretty amazing at 67. My first celebrity crush rocking the red!!! I knew I had good taste.

I love all the Vegas fans complaining Trotz put out the first unit on the PP near the end of the game, like its so unsporting, and justifying Reaves being a goony tool because playing 1st PP unit when up 5-2 is bad.

Except this is the Stanley Cup.  This isn't preseason.  You rip out their throat and take every goal you can.

Anyone here gone downtown just to watch the game outside?  If so how is the drinking situation?  I saw people just drinking beers out in the streets from the videos I've seen, but like can you just carry a book bag around full of drinks and just be out in public drinking?  I'm also curious how the sound is when watching the game.  

I'm thinking of heading down Thursday to be in that atmosphere but had a few questions.

What’s the deal with getting into Verizon on Thursday?  First come first served?  If we can’t get in, hows the viewing outside?  I don’t want to go sit outside if I can’t actually see the game well.

I have the day off of work both Thursday and Friday.  Was thinking of bringing my wife and 3 year old, but maybe just the wife cause things could get a bit crazy.

Looking for advice from people who have been there.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What’s the deal with getting into Verizon on Thursday?  First come first served?  If we can’t get in, hows the viewing outside?  I don’t want to go sit outside if I can’t actually see the game well.

I have the day off of work both Thursday and Friday.  Was thinking of bringing my wife and 3 year old, but maybe just the wife cause things could get a bit crazy.

first come first serve

again people are buying mystics suite tickets for the viewing Party afterwards.

Make this trip downtown for the viewing part thursday

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I was there for Game 2. it is first come first serve on seats. The interesting thing is the Mystic game. Which is sold out, rumor is they only sold 100 level seats. The question is can people stay to watch the game. The mystics say yes the caps say everyone must leave Capital One and reenter. 

I wouldnt bring the 3 year old. Things will get nuts if this happens.

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

first come first serve

again people are buying mystics suite tickets for the viewing Party afterwards.

I've been to suites for Wizards games and it included all you can eat and drink.  Any word on if that service is continuing into the viewing party?

16 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Hopefully Lynda Carter is a true Caps fan and not a fair weather fan like Pat Sajak (he deserted the Caps when the going got tough a couple of years ago and claimed to a be an "LA Kings Fan" instead). 

Shes been rocking the Red for nearly a decade now.

For the youngsters...

0f54666f2e73f1e1acfe77b4831cd408.jpg

Watching Vegas operate, they really don't have an "offense."  From my observations its pretty much whoever gets the puck, either carries it in the zone and dumps it in or they just dump it in one of the corners from center ice.  They then send an overload of guys to the puck (hoping you make a clearing mistake) and bring a guy on the backside in hopes of spring a backside goal.

I don't see any cycling.  I don't see any tape to tape passing from their zone into the offensive zone. I guess it's just dump and chase. 

If we can weather the onslaught of the first 10 minutes of game 5 and get one of these results:

Score first and be up 1-0 after one

Tied 0-0 going into the second

Tied 1-1 going into the second

Then I think we'll be OK.  We need to continue to do what we've been doing.  Be cautiously aggressive and make Vegas press. Don't come out back on your heels. Stay out of the box and stay calm..

17 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Hopefully Lynda Carter is a true Caps fan and not a fair weather fan like Pat Sajak (he deserted the Caps when the going got tough a couple of years ago and claimed to a be an "LA Kings Fan" instead). 

I don't know about that man I met sajak before and he's a good guy

Just now, zoony said:

Has anyone stepped up more than orpik and kuznetsov this postseason?

I dunno but every time I see them (along with Oshie and Ovi, of course), I get a feeling that good things are going to happen. 

- - -

Also, Channel 4 got the areal shot of the century last night. I trust they (or one of the other local stations) will be up above Chinatown Thursday night, win or lose. 

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Suspends-No-Fly-Zone-for-Chopper4-in-Honor-of-Capitals_Washington-DC-484541931.html

5 minutes ago, zoony said:

Has anyone stepped up more than orpik and kuznetsov this postseason?

No not really, Kempny and DSP have both been good though.

Kuzy should probably win the Conn Smythe but if the Caps win it will be Ovechkin for obvious reasons.

Archived