Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Viral: Man slaps racist woman on bus after she uses racial slurs against him

ExoDus84

Slapped!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did the woman deserve the five-fingered hello?

• Yes
    • No

http://www.theroot.com/viral-video-shows-black-man-slapping-white-woman-for-ca-1795433269

A viral YouTube clip has sparked furious debate for appearing to show a black man slapping a woman’s eyeball out of her head for repeatedly calling him the n-word.

The 55-second clip opens with a black man and a white woman already engaged in a heated argument. “Don’t put your hand in my face; that’s all I’m trying to tell you,” the man warns the woman while apparently engaged in a conversation on his cellphone.

This got me thinking about the man's response and how I'm a little conflicted. She was clearly a callous racist, and was deliberately insulting the man and egging him on. Assault is never the correct response, but sometimes it feels like it may be warranted. If I put myself in the guy's shoes, I'd want to give her five as well. I'm sure he didn't mean to smack out her false eye or whatever she claimed happened (that's just a bonus).

So what do you guys think? Yay or Nay on the open-hand greeting? Video is below.

***NSFW, due to language.***

2 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Same feeling as the Richard Spencer

Sometimes people got learn the world punches back

I can get behind this. Crude, racist people who treat others like garbage deserve to have their bubble of invincibility popped on occasion.

I can't agree that men should hit women over words exchanged.  Engaging in discussions about what words make it ok to beat women strikes me as a bad idea for everyone.  So no, she didn't deserve to be hit.

That said, I don't feel the least bit sorry for her nor do I think this necessarily makes the guy a bad person.  Words should not lead to violence, but in the real world they absolutely do (and always have).  I doubt very many people are above snapping if confronted with the right words on the wrong day.  If there is any word in the English language likely to set someone off, it's the one she used.   

Some of you need to stop playing both sides. It was a yes or no question.

I'm not afraid. I voted yes.

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Can someone put this man in a room with Riley Cooper....please!

Can you please explain that one.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You feel real special right now, don't you?

You take it anyway you want to. Don't get mad at me, get mad at the woman who was goading that man to leach out.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

Just like the bus driver in Cleveland a few years ago. Not the right move at all, but don't feel bad for the victim whatsoever.

If I remember that situation, she got up and hit the driver while he was driving the bus. She deserved what she got.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You feel real special right now, don't you?

We're all special in our own way. I appreciate his honesty.

I'm as liberal as the next fellow, but in this specific circumstance, I can understand the man's reaction. I haven't smacked anyone since the 5th grade (dude wouldn't get off my swingset, yo), and I've never smacked a woman. But I've also never been racially attacked like the guy in the video. Like many Caucasians, that's not something that I've been subjected to. I like to think I wouldn't resort to physical violence, but I know for sure I'd want to ht whoever was was targeting me like that. Thus, I understand his reaction and can't blame him.

I voted yes.

Archived