Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What film drew out the biggest emotional response from you?

nonniey

Since we're doing films this week my question is which film succeeded in eliciting an emotional response from you (due to the story told - ie anger because the movies sucked doesn't count).

For me it is a tie between Schindler's List ( Tear Jerker every-time I see the colorized toddler) and Paths of Glory (anger at the dishonorable conduct of the senior officers).

The beginning of Up was rough.  So was Toy Story 3.

Schindler's List is a good one.  Spielberg is good at drawing that kind of response from his audience.

A lot of Tom Hanks movies that are pretty powerful.  Green Mile, Forrest Gump, and Philadelphia are all emotional.

Some other ones

- Million Dollar Baby

- Dead Man Walking

- Hotel Rwanda

- Big Fish

- Atonement

I think the one that ****ed me up the most was 12 Years A Slave.

Some other ones that left me feeling hollow: Precious, Children of Men, Requiem for a Dream, Spotlight

Good call about the Hanks movies Steve. The first thing I thought of was The Green Mile. I was hammered the first time I saw that and I was welling up with tears at that one. Interesting night. Haha. 

The other one that's in my head right now is Field of Dreams. The end of that movie gets me every time. 

The Yearling. 

When Gregory Peck has his son kill the dear ..... 

I was 9. In the house alone. When my Mum and her mum returned home, they literally thought we'd been burgled/ ransacked. Draws open. Things smashed and tipped over. Things strewn all over the floors. The house was in absolute carnage. I was apparently in the closet crying. Transpired, when they eventually calmed me down, I'd completely lost it and flipped at that film. 

Don;t remember the incident but me Ma sure as heck does. I was a good child per se but to of done that in emotional rage ..... Guess I was a sensitive kid that loved animals. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

This stupid movie: 

YFpD6QX.jpg

It's been years and I still remind my mom of this evil movie recommendation.  It's in Spanish so I doubt any of you have seen it, but if you've recently had a child don't do this to yourself.

Bridge to Terabithia.  (I never saw it coming.  Cried like a baby.)

And the part of Independence Day when Jasmine tries to save the FLOTUS.  Alot of feels for that...two completely different worlds in those two women, very powerful scene for me. 

Now I'm cryin' cuz that'll only make me fatter.  Thanks, dude...you've been a real help this morning:table2:

:754: j/k, you didn't mean it, I know...

What's with the beginning of UP?  I wanted to take my grandkids when it first came out, but now I'm glad they didn't see a "grandma breakdown".  I guess I'll have to see it after all.

Interstellar.

As a father, that movie brings out the deepest rooted feelings in me.  A child, who views their father as a hero, losing their father to a choice of his own.  Man, that really hits me.  Multiple times watching that movie, I am full on whimpering.  Plus, the score, it just makes it all so powerful.

I'm almost tearing up right now, just thinking about it.

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Now I'm cryin' cuz that'll only make me fatter.  Thanks, dude...you've been a real help this morning:table2:

:754: j/k, you didn't mean it, I know...

What's with the beginning of UP?  I wanted to take my grandkids when it first came out, but now I'm glad they didn't see a "grandma breakdown".  I guess I'll have to see it after all.

Up is a great movie, I dont think I have ever been that effected by an animated movie.

Movies don't affect me that way because they're just movies, but the big exception was the end of Schindler's List when they show the actual survivors walking with the actors who portrayed them to put rocks on his grave. Then, at that moment, it wasn't just a movie - it was reality.

When I was a kid, a movie that got me was the end of Heroes.

Archived