Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I have definitely set a record for most ignored users today. This is the biggest **** show I have ever seen in my 10 years on this board. 

nah. rg3, albert haynesworth sagas were wayyyyyy worse. 

7 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm wondering if it's possible it was the other way around. Especially considering we extended Gruden who has backed Cousins the whole time.

McCloughan said at Senior Bowl before first franchise tag that LTD with Kirk was the ultimate goal. Whether it was him or Bruce, or even both, that didn't feel $20 mil a year had been earned by Kirk yet, is up in the air. I think after this past season Kirk did in fact sell everyone on him being a frnachise QB. Honestly, given what happened with RG3 after just 1 good season, not hard to see why FO would be a bit gun shy and want 2 seasons of good play.

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The players being scouted and signed.......by Bruce Allen. 

Think I'll just stick to the tailgate for a while. There are people here that want to move on with their fandom like this never happened and I don't want to prevent them from doing so, but "moving on" doesn't feel like an option right now. There are only so many bridges I can buy from this team. Scot was a bridge too far.

Hahaha.....and I just left the tailgate recently but things got too crazy there.  How's ATN doing?

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

We went on a run starting the following Thursday against the Bears and were in the playoffs a month and a half later.

I didn't say the 2007 season was a low point, just that disgraceful performance following the hardest sports-related death I've experienced to this day.

And that set us up for:

1. The Zorn hiring process

2. The 2-6 second half collapse in 2008

3. The swinging gate

4. Eagles MNF 2010

5. RG3's injury

6. Mike Shanahan taking out the team from inside

7. "We're winning off the field..."

8. Scot McCloughan

1 minute ago, ShredSkins said:

So Scot gets fired and within the hour its reported that Cousins will sign the tag soon. Also Gruden got extended after Scot left or got sent home or whatever.

I'll take it one step further. This morning we hear Cousins asked for a trade, and that the team asked him to take a few days to "cool down" and later Kirk says he just wants traded if a LTD deal cant be made.

My theory would be Scot showed up drunk to a meeting to discuss the LTD, or something like that. Cousins or his agent get pissed. Team has to tag Cousins and confronts Scot about it. Scot blows up and leaves. Cousins and his agent want no part of dealing with Scot.

And here we are today. Cousins tells Bruce he wants a trade, Bruce says wait give us a couple days we will take care of that "issue" and we will talk again.

Just what I think might be going on anyways.

Interesting theory.  But all I keep hearing from Mike Jones is that Scot was in Kirk's corner all along.  

48 minutes ago, Stoox said:

This was not about SMc's drinking. The whole world knew he liked his ale. He himself said he hadn't stopped drinking. The team knew this going in to the deal. 

This was about a convenient excuse to let him go with no severance, after SM decided he really did want complete control of the roster and was willing to stand up to Allen. Allen used the drinking to marginalize him, then can him. Otherwise, why the protracted drama the last 3 weeks?

If I'm another team, I hire SMc, no hesitation. At least as a consultant or AGM/superscout.

There is officially no longer any hope that this franchise will be well-run, and will win on a year over year basis. After 31 years, I don't know what to do....

And you have all this inside information how? He was fired from two other organizations was he not? All this speculation is baseless. No one here has been in the meeting rooms, locker rooms, and offices to know what really transpired. The truth will come out eventually so let's wait and see. 

9 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Isn't it "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" lol..

Whatever.  This is a prime window for everyone to paint the bosses as Mr burns type evil villains 

Just now, RedskinsMayne said:

How was the RG3 saga worse? I mean, yeah, he was a bust but everyone agreed he was a legit QB till he wasnt.... 

griffin has- and still has- die hard defenders. (as did fat al)

definitely way worse than this relative blip on the radar. 

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Interesting theory.  But all I keep hearing from Mike Jones is that Scot was in Kirk's corner all along.  

He could have been 100% for signing Kirk. But I'd be pissed if my boss came in drunk trying to conduct any sort of business that had a direct impact on my future.

At the end of the day, everyone on this board wants the same thing: To win.

All will be forgiven if that happens and many will change their tune on Snyder/Allen, but the results are needed. Nothing short of at least a Super Bowl appearance, or at the very least, sustained success over several years, meaning multiple 11+ win seasons.

However, the conflict seems that with Snyder/Allen, it's an impossibility. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The whole Scot was drinking stuff was what I expected.  It doesn't change to me one whit the fundamental issue of the previous Jones article which is Bruce wants to call the shots.  It's no secret that Bruce and Dan are tight in the vein of Vinny and Dan.

We've been going through variations of this story for years with just different players.  Maybe there has been different degrees and layers of intensity to these stories over the years but it keeps popping up.

I don't have anything personal against Bruce and to me its perfectly feasible that Bruce is just fronting for Dan.  But most of the best franchises have real personnel guys with scouting backgrounds running personnel. IMO its a really big deal.  Bruce is a money guy, he's not a personnel guy.   In Bruce we trust isn't a motto I adhere to.  So I hope they hire another guy like Scot with a real personnel/scouting background.  I'd prefer that its not Mark Dominik or someone else who both have a mediocre drafting record and have super strong ties to Bruce where the bottom line is they will defer personnel decisions to him.  

I want a chef cooking the food and running the kitchen, I don't want the maitre d running the kitchen.  Danny's regime has been all about the maitre d running the kitchen.  Scot was supposed to change that losing approach.  

great post

11 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

So Scot gets fired and within the hour its reported that Cousins will sign the tag soon. Also Gruden got extended after Scot left or got sent home or whatever.

My theory would be Scot showed up drunk to a meeting to discuss the LTD, or something like that. Cousins or his agent get pissed. Team has to tag Cousins and confronts Scot about it. Scot blows up and leaves. Cousins and his agent want no part of dealing with Scot.

And here we are today. Cousins tells Bruce he wants a trade, Bruce says wait give us a couple days we will take care of that "issue" and we will talk again.

Just what I think might be going on anyways.

Mike Jones said days ago that he expects Kirk to sign the franchise tag but his agent just wanted to review the dynamics of an exclusive tag first, Laconfora said this afternoon Kirk would sign the tag.  All before Scot was fired.  Mike Jones has flat out stated multiple times now that his sources tell him Bruce/Danny didn't want to sign Kirk to a LTC in 2016 and alluded in one of his articles that Bruce is still unsure.  In an article he posted a few hours ago he said Kirk doesn't feel wanted by Bruce and Danny and its part of the reason why he's ok with leaving.

So yeah maybe Jones is wrong.  But if Scot has been the obstacle then Bruce and Dan are off to a slow start -- they've had almost 2 weeks to work something out sans Scot and the rumors about Kirk been unhappy and wanting to leave have intensified as opposed to cooled. 

As for Jay, one beat reporter said at the combine that Jay refused to give them any info about what's up with Scot and Jay told him he really likes Scot.  

Having said all that, do I think Danny and Bruce just needed to get Scot out of the way to get a deal done with Kirk -- not at all.  But do I think the PR blowup might add some urgency to get a deal done with Kirk, yes.  Oddly the only upside I see from all the crap going on is I think it puts the FO's feet to the fire to get a Kirk deal done.

10 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Would love to pile on Snyder/Allen and as much as this garbage is the usual Redskins way , those pics of Scot are typical hardcore alcoholic. To be fair I have to wonder if they were trying not to throw him under the bus at first.

Probably not, until they started getting hammered

Archived