Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Just now, Califan007 said:

Umm...Ok lol. Weird that a guy who was sabotaged from having any real power or influence under Allen was able to do something so powerful and influential. He did what Shanahan couldn't.

Imagine if he was actually allowed to have any say-so in anything...

Someone who had the cache/clout from the fans and media that Scot did when he first came into the front office and Dan was still embarrassed after the disastrous 2013 and 2014 seasons?  Scot was at his most influential then - before the jealousy and hurt feelings started.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It was after the AFC Championship game, like I said.  It was a blowout.  The final score was 36-17.

If you had most front office people speak after any NFL game, it would quickly become obvious that they all like to drink during the game.

ahh, my bad. 

still, owner can kinda do what they want. GM's, especially for "once great, but now awful franchises", on the other hand...

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Someone who had the cache/clout from the fans and media that Scot did when he first came into the front office and Dan was still embarrassed after the disastrous 2013 and 2014 seasons?  Scot was at his most influential then - before the jealousy and hurt feelings started.

hey, go back and read my edit on that post lol...I asked a hypothetical.

As the poet said,

The saddest words... What might have been.

Sigh. What might have been. Quite bummed about this. I don't know if the fault was Scott's, Bruce's, Dan's, Jay's or a combo of any or all of the above... just sigh. I had such high hopes.

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

People in here acting like we fired George Halas or Paul Brown.  Get real...You start showing up to work drunk half the time, punching holes in walls and rubbing people the wrong way, you're toast.  The end.

Show a little backbone.  The sun will rise again...

I'm with you??

Now, I do believe the FO DID NOT want to throw Scot under the bus. They tried to keep things in house. But in the end, Scot poked the bear and..................18 months of ????

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

EDIT: just a reminder: the stories at the time said everyone in the front office was on board with Cousins starting, only person that needed convincing was Snyder. So that means Bruce Allen was also on board with Cousins starting. Could Allen have done what Scot is said to have done, and convinced Snyder that Cousins needs to start and the RG3 era possibly come to a close?

I remember stories saying the "football people" wanted Cousins to start over Griffin.  I wouldn't really classify Allen as a "football person".

In the aftermath of this disaster, I think an interesting thread for ES would be: "What is the single worst day in Redskins history?"

This has gotta be up there.  Since my consciousness as a fan began in ~2003, I would say the only thing even remotely comparable today would be the passing of Sean Taylor.  However, while that was a sad event and made you wonder at the lost talent that we all missed out on, it also made you proud to be a Redskins fan.  When Gregg Williams trotted 10 men out onto the field at kickoff the next Sunday, you felt proud.  The team went on a late rally and it really felt like Taylor's death kind of brought everybody together and made them put it all on the line.

While the aftermath of the McLoughan/Allen power struggle is yet to be seen, it's hard to believe that it's going to result in anything positive.  This could be one of the worst single days in Skins history.

Surprise, surprise.  Anonymous sources at the park telling their side of the story that it's all Scotts fault and he's a an awful drunk.  Right on time.

Obviously as fans of the team you want to believe that's entirely true, because it feels better than the alternative story where the guy still in charge is a total douche.

It just seems kind of odd that this has "been a disaster for 18 months" yet not a peep made it out of Redskins Park until it's time to run damage control.  That's not very #Redskins but the fumbling and bumbling the past few weeks sure is.

We will never know the truth, but most everyone will choose which one they want to believe and roll with it.  Good times.  

1 minute ago, ncr2h said:

In the aftermath of this disaster, I think an interesting thread for ES would be: "What is the single worst day in Redskins history?"

This has gotta be up there.  Since my consciousness as a fan began in ~2003, I would say the only thing even remotely comparable today would be the passing of Sean Taylor.  However, while that was a sad event and made you wonder at the lost talent that we all missed out on, it also made you proud to be a Redskins fan.  When Gregg Williams trotted 10 men out onto the field at kickoff the next Sunday, you felt proud.  The team went on a late rally and it really felt like Taylor's death kind of brought everybody together and made them put it all on the line.

While the aftermath of the McLoughan/Allen power struggle is yet to be seen, it's hard to believe that it's going to result in anything positive.  This could be one of the worst single days in Skins history.

This is not even close to one of the single worse days in Redskins history. 

3 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

Sean  Taylor's death was the worst.

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I remember stories saying the "football people" wanted Cousins to start over Griffin.  I wouldn't really classify Allen as a "football person".

It was specifically said that Snyder was the only one not on board/only obstacle...if it were also Allen trust me, the media would have said that, too.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nope. Marcus Allen killing us in the Super Bowl was the worst. Regardless of the drama. It's all about winning the the ultimate game. And in that game we got worked like a rib.

We were in a Superbowl.  That means something.  The moves today make it seem like we won't be in a Superbowl for decades.

Archived