Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Just now, jschuck12001 said:

Bottom line is if your drunk at work it's a problem

If you work in a cubicle, sure.  If you're an NFL GM, maybe you can get away with it.  Too drunk to drive but not too drunk to GM.

It'll be hilarious if he ends up as a scout for the 49ers.

2 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Bottom line is if your drunk at work it's a problem so all the excuses about "we knew Scott liked to drink" don't mean anything, it's a business not a frat party.

So Scotts a good drunk, that doesn't mean the team would want to deal with that type of behavior.

Another player, however, characterized McCloughan as frequently drunk but never thought much about it because his behavior and comportment never changed.

It's the league's worst kept secret that almost everyone in the NFL drinks at the facility.  Their biggest sponsor is a beer company.  C'mon man.

Did you not see Robert Kraft speaking immediately after the AFC Championship game this year?  He was wasted.  No one batted an eye.  But suddenly Scot is being railroaded because he was "drunk during games" according to an anonymous source. :rolleyes:

None of you Snyder/Allen defenders find it odd that apparently he had been doing this for 18 months, but they wait until now to fire him.  I have some real estate in Antarctica to sell you guys.

5 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Bottom line is if your drunk at work it's a problem so all the excuses about "we knew Scott liked to drink" don't mean anything, it's a business not a frat party.

So Scotts a good drunk, that doesn't mean the team would want to deal with that type of behavior.  I can see why the FO would have problems with trust if they knew he was always sauced up.

Another player, however, characterized McCloughan as frequently drunk but never thought much about it because his behavior and comportment never changed.

Yeah i mean the dudes face is red and puffy in those pics. That doesn't happen for no reason at all. Hurts to admit that maybe the guy just simply had to be saved from himself

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's the league's worst kept secret that almost everyone in the NFL drinks at the facility.  Their biggest sponsor is a beer company.  C'mon man.

Did you not see Robert Kraft speaking immediately after the AFC Championship game this year?  He was wasted.  No one batted an eye.  But suddenly Scot is being railroaded because he was "drunk during games" according to an anonymous source. :rolleyes:

None of you Snyder/Allen defenders find it odd that apparently he had been doing this for 18 months, but they wait until now to fire him.  I have some real estate in Antarctica to sell you guys.

hail

Skins Fans - please read the following two factual statements:

Redskins record with Bruce Allen BEFORE Scot McCloughan: 28-55

Redskins record with Bruce Allen AFTER hiring Scot McCloughan: 17-14-1

What will Skins record be in 2017 without our GM?

Michael Lombardi wrote today that Allen was always in charge of the Redskins regardless of titles.  Hmmm.... some ex-GM's know what is going on in Washington with the Danny's Redskins.  Fans were misled when Scott was hired.  The Skins PR machine made it appear that Scott was going to have full authority as General Manager to manage the roster while supporting Gruden and the other coaches.

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You know, along those lines....I think it was last week or the week before, I listened to Galdi's audio vault recordings. One thing he said about all the stuff swirling around about Allen's "ego" and "jealousy", etc, was that a lot of media members don't like Bruce Allen, and not to discount that reality playing a role in what everyone is reporting (at the time, anyway). That kinda floored me when he said that...

That is an excellent point!  I'm not a Bruce Allen apologist at all but he did manage to stop a lot of the leaks and drama.  So, those covering the team looking for inside info surely can't be too happy.  Not good for their business.  Granted, under Shanahan it was still prevalent but was dying out.  Especially after the QB who will not be named left town.  So, I'm sure there is a little bias towards Bruce.

There is always two sides to a story. 

10 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

That could easily say with and without cousins, though...

Better still, look at the records when the Skins had competent QB play, regardless of who was in charge of the roster.

7 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

There is always two sides to a story. 

This should be on the site banner lol...

10 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

What if punching the wall wasn't about Doctson, but about Snyder/Batman shooting down the Cousins LTD?! 

If we are speculating, maybe it was practice for intimidating a female reporter not to out him to his wife for leaks in exchange for sexual favors?

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

That could easily say with and without cousins, though...

Better still, look at the records when the Skins had competent QB play, regardless of who was in charge of the roster.

And Scot's most important move once he got here was convincing Danny to start Kirk over Danny's golden boy.  Notice that it wasn't Allen that was willing to do that?

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I wouldn't consider myself a defender of anyone and everyone uses anonymous sources so not sure why you would expect someone to go on record, when does that happen?.

We'll find out soon enough, if you don't see a defamation suit filed by Scott and the Mrs doesn't go on a twitter rant the chances are it's true.

So which franchise Fires their GM after 2 back to back WINNING Seasons???????  Did you hear that, let me repeat...we were WINNING and ON THE RISE.........ok.  Apparently the Redskins are the only organization that would do this.   Wow....I am  just.......Done. 

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

What will Skins record be in 2017 without our GM?

Michael Lombardi wrote today that Allen was always in charge of the Redskins regardless of titles.  Hmmm.... some ex-GM's know what is going on in Washington with the Danny's Redskins.  Fans were misled when Scott was hired.  The Skins PR machine made it appear that Scott was going to have full authority as General Manager to manage the roster while supporting Gruden and the other coaches.

Our record in 2017 will be a direct reflection of QB play, just as it's been for the past couple of years. What would the record have been during the past 2 years if the GM had fielded an average defense?

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

just pointing out that an nfl owner drinking shortly after an epic super bowl win may differ - ever so slightly- from a GM showing up drunk on the semi-regular in season. 

Just now, grego said:

just pointing out that an nfl owner drinking shortly after an epic super bowl win may differ - ever so slightly- from a GM showing up drunk on the semi-regular in season. 

plus its the owner....who fires him

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And Scot's most important move once he got here was convincing Danny to start Kirk over Danny's golden boy.  Notice that it wasn't Allen that was willing to do that?

Umm...Ok lol. Weird that a guy who was sabotaged from having any real power or influence under Allen was able to do something so powerful and influential. He did what Shanahan couldn't.

Imagine if he was actually allowed to have any say-so in anything...

EDIT: just a reminder: the stories at the time said everyone in the front office was on board with Cousins starting, only person that needed convincing was Snyder. So that means Bruce Allen was also on board with Cousins starting. Could Allen have done what Scot is said to have done, and convinced Snyder that Cousins needs to start and the RG3 era possibly come to a close?

Just now, grego said:

It was after the AFC Championship game, like I said.  It was a blowout.  The final score was 36-17.

If you had most front office people speak after any NFL game, it would quickly become obvious that they all like to drink during the game.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

True.  But he didn't believe enough in Kirk after the 2015 season to sign on to the fact that Kirk could be a franchise QB.  He differed with Jay on that.  Scot also said he would not "break the bank for one player." 

Bruce doesn't get a pass here.  The dumbass can't call Cousins by his proper name.  (It's not Kurt, IT'S KIRK YOU IDIOT!!!)  Bruce and Dan both had the ability to get Kirk locked up.  The only person we know for sure who wanted to do so was Jay.  His job depended on it.  So there's plenty of blame to go around on supporting Kir(k).   

10 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

So which franchise Fires their GM after 2 back to back WINNING Seasons???????  Did you hear that, let me repeat...we were WINNING and ON THE RISE.........ok.  Apparently the Redskins is the only organization that would do this.   Wow....I am  just.......Done. 

Image result for huge beer bottles

Image result for scot mccloughan beer

Archived